• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rumor/Prophecy Thread -- Super Smash Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-E

KevinCow said:
Well now I hope this guy's not telling the truth. No Ridley? ;_;

How could Metroid only get one representative? That's just silly and sad.

Because there are so many other characters the series focuses on, aren't there?

That, and Ridley being playable in this game would just be awkward.

[Nintex] said:
I expect Ridley to show up in the story mode though.

That would be nice. :D

A Link to the Snitch said:
Is the Wii even capable of adding content to a game like Brawl like that? That is, a new character?

I highly doubt it. It's definitely capable of downloading content and making small 'patches' (corrections in some scenarios), but I doubt the 512 mb of space in the Wii would be enough to store a new character 'patch' that needed to be loaded everytime you start the game and still have room for the rest of your game saves, channels, WiiWare, etc.

PkunkFury

Scribble said:
The only WTF card I can think of is Sukapon. Who would probably be the ULTIMATE wtf card because he originated in a Nintendo fighting game, plus he looks weird.

sukapon.png

Sukapon is my most wanted character after Ridley
RIP
, but if there's only 35 characters I'm guessing his chances are quite slim :(

Chumly

So Reggie is my next door neighbor and he told me that Lucario would be in the game. Can you confirm or deny Markman?

Tim-E

Chumly said:
So Reggie is my next door neighbor and he told me that Lucario would be in the game. Can you confirm or deny Markman?

Why would you need to confirm/deny it if Reggie told you? :lol

Sorry, I'll play along.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Chumly said:

Can you go next door and take a picture with Reggie real quick? Have him sign a napkin and dedicate it to me, that'd be awesome.

Guled

MarkMan said:
Can you go next door and take a picture with Reggie real quick? Have him sign a napkin and dedicate it to me, that'd be awesome.
come on, just make an alt account on gamefaqs or smashbourds and spill the beans.

Scribble

That Prophecy of Ruin lady (Or is she ;D) said that Mewtwo isn't in.

Mewtwo is still an iconic Pokemon, but as he is perceived as the 'ultimate' Pokemon, they can easily compensate for not having him as a playable character by having him play an extremely significant role in the Subspace Emissary. At least with the SSE, they can really exaggerate how powerful he is (think anime Mewtwo). And his moveset is so iffy that, although I doubted that they would throw away original movesets, they may just give up on Mewtwo and let Lucario take his place.

BrodiemanTTR said:
So no Geno confirmation or debunk?

I'm about ready to let this dream die. :(

;_; Believe in Geno.

PkunkFury

PortraitofRuin on Gamefaqs has been giving the same info as MarkMan, some before his info and some after. She said the roster is 35, stages 41, Lucario, Fox, and Wolf are playable, Ridley, Megaman, Pac Man, MewTwo, and Isaac are not.

She's also well known for leaking tons of Castlevania info in the past, the biggest leaks involving the unlockables in PoR well before the game came out

MarkMan do you know her?

Yeah, ever since the Dragoon "prophet," I've figured Mewtwo would become a SSE boss and Lucario would come in as playable. This was further reinforced when someone said Rayquaza was not the only Pokemon in SSE.

HotByCold

Banned
So markman anything wrong with my list?

Returning Characters 19

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus&Zero Suit Samus*
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Peach
Sheik
Game and Watch
Mewtoo
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf

Newcomers 15

Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Pikmin & Olimar
New Fire Emblem Character
New Star Fox Character
New Mario Character
New Franchise Character

Total 34 characters

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hmm... I don't really understand when people claim to have insider information under NDA that they can't share... then they start answering questions here and there and leaking out bits of info anyway (spread out in a long thread baiting people to ask more any more questions)?

Not to say Markman is lying, but we've seen at least 100 "leakers" operate this way by now.

Edit: And not to say I'm unappreciative to be receiving info if it is legit. It's just strange... either way we'll all know everything soon enough :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, no new Metroid rep, no more third parties, and 3 StarFox reps. Now that stings. Oh well, why the change of heart on commenting on stuff MarkMan?

Jiggy

The only good thing about 35 characters would be that Geno would almost 100% not be in. I hate that thing and his overratedness. :p Oh, and also it lessens the chance for Cloud, Bowser Jr., Pac-Man, and anyone from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, who I hate even more.

As for Mewtwo not being playable, I'd be kind of relieved. I didn't hate Mewtwo at all, but as I said in the Dojo thread at least once, it was strange that even the lower-tier legendaries like Moltres, Raikou, etc. were busy dominating the battlefield and being totally invincible, but meanwhile Mewtwo, this supposed ultimate Pokemon, could be beat up by Pichu no problem. I hope portions of its moveset really did carry over to Lucario.

Feep

Banned
MrCheez said:
Hmm... I don't really understand when people claim to have insider information under NDA that they can't share... then they start answering questions here and there and leaking out bits of info anyway (spread out in a long thread baiting people to ask more any more questions)?

Not to say Markman is lying, but we've seen at least 100 "leakers" operate this way by now.
Well, I wasn't under NDA...but I was wary of giving out information related to my source, since he IS under NDA, and I would be remiss to possibly cost him his job.

He currently claims to have no further information regarding the roster, so I got nothin' for y'all. = P

PkunkFury

JohnTinker said:

I don't think Isaac ever had much of a chance, even with 40 characters. He's kind of generic, no one knows who he is off of the internet, and his series is in questionable terrirtory based on Nintendo's relationship with Camelot

Can you paste the text from that website that deals with Smash Bros X? I see the listing for DX and Bros (as well as the orchestra CD), but I didn't see anything under Wii software aside from some action game.

DarkKyo

I really wish there would be a special edition of Brawl that comes with developer and staff interviews and little video specials.. Even a little video of them putting updates on the Dojo everyday would be really cool!

You know, since it's such a huge game and it took a lot of production time.

traveler

Not Wario
Jiggy37 said:
The only good thing about 35 characters would be that Geno would almost 100% not be in. I hate that guy and his overratedness. :mad: Oh, and also it lessens the chance for Cloud, Bowser Jr., Pac-Man, and anyone from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, who I hate even more.

As for Mewtwo not being playable, I'd be kind of relieved. I didn't hate Mewtwo at all, but as I said in the Dojo thread at least once, it was strange that even the lower-tier legendaries like Moltres, Raikou, etc. were busy dominating the battlefield and being totally invincible, but meanwhile Mewtwo, this supposed ultimate Pokemon, could be beat up by Pichu no problem. I hope portions of its moveset really did carry over to Lucario.

:(

Geno is the only other character I wanted in the game besides Olimar.

If Falco is in the game, what moveset should he have? His melee moveset was so unique that he played nothing like Fox, though he was still technically a clone. Throwing away such a good moveset seems like a waste to me. Will Sakarai let Falco be a clone? If Sakarai removes clones completely, then I will really miss Melee's Ganondorf and Falco.

KevinCow

Banned
Tim-E said:
Because there are so many other characters the series focuses on, aren't there?
That's my point. There's not really anyone else, so if Ridley's not playable, then that means one of Nintendo's more popular franchises is only represented by one playable character.

That, and Ridley being playable in this game would just be awkward.
I hear this argument a lot, and I still can't understand what goes through the minds of people who say it. How is Ridley not perfect for a game like Smash? He shoots fire and has a zillion different pointed bits on his body which he can use to kill people. He could also make use of his wings for multiple jumps and the new glide mechanic.

So what's the problem? He's too big? Well shit, I guess Bowser should be too big as well. And Kirby, Olimar, and Pikachu should be too small. But that doesn't seem to stop them from being playable.

Scribble

Jiggy37 said:
The only good thing about 35 characters would be that Geno would almost 100% not be in. I hate that thing and his overratedness. :p Oh, and also it lessens the chance for Cloud, Bowser Jr., Pac-Man, and anyone from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, who I hate even more

Without Ridley, there aren't many "A List shoo-ins" left to include in Brawl. People have really started to scrape the bottom of the barrel with their character lists.

And Geno is awesome.

Cedric

I just want to know what FE characters are appearing in the game. :( I'm hoping for something original like Ephraim or Hector. I really don't want Micaiah and I would prefer if Marth and Roy got cut. One sword user is enough for me, even though he's slow.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
MarkMan, why were you so hesitant to post anything but the number of characters before, and now you're naming characters one by one as people pester you? Are you going to leak the roster or not?

Tim-E

KevinCow said:
That's my point. There's not really anyone else, so if Ridley's not playable, then that means one of Nintendo's more popular franchises is only represented by one playable character.

I hear this argument a lot, and I still can't understand what goes through the minds of people who say it. How is Ridley not perfect for a game like Smash? He shoots fire and has a zillion different pointed bits on his body which he can use to kill people. He could also make use of his wings for multiple jumps and the new glide mechanic.

So what's the problem? He's too big? Well shit, I guess Bowser should be too big as well. And Kirby, Olimar, and Pikachu should be too small. But that doesn't seem to stop them from being playable.

Bowser's size is just about right, and the size of the others fits the game just fine. A small Ridley would just look stupid.

That, and I love how touchy Ridley fans are on the subject.

Twig

Banned
So what's the problem?
His build. The hitboxes would be insane.

Do I think that's a good enough reason not to include him? No. But it's much better a reason than "he's too big". People who use the size argument are just being stupid.

Scribble

PkunkFury said:
I don't think Isaac ever had much of a chance, even with 40 characters. He's kind of generic, no one knows who he is off of the internet, and his series is in questionable territory based on Nintendo's relationship with Camelot

During this whole Brawl Anticipation Era, I've learned that people can truly have extremely different tastes. I mean, Isaac is just so DAMN plain and dry.

All right, I don't know if anyone cares at this point among these new rumors, but here is a stage analysis if there are 41 stages.

Let's see how many stages there could be per franchise, assuming every character gets their own stage (either individually or by sharing).

Smash Bros. - 2 (Battlefield and Final Destination)
Mario - 4 (Mario on Delfino Plaza, Peach and Bowser on Mario Circuit, Luigi on his stage, and a bonus Mario stage [preferably based on Paper Mario or Super Mario Galaxy])
Yoshi - 1 (Yoshi on Yoshi's Island)
Wario - 1 (Wario on Wario Ware)
Donkey Kong - 2 (Donkey Kong on Rumble Falls, Diddy Kong on his stage)
Zelda - 2 (Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf on Bridge of Eldin, Young Cel Link on his stage)
Kirby - 2 (Meta Knight on Halberd, Kirby/King Dedede on their stage)
Pokemon - 2 (Pokemon Trainer on Pokemon Stadium 2, Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Other Pokemon on their stage)
Star Fox - 2 (Fox on Lylat Cruise, Falco/Wolf on their stage)
Metroid - 2 (Samus on... apparently both stages. Aw man, are we sure Ridley is confirmed out?)
Mother - 1 (Lucas on New Pork City)
F-Zero - 1 (Captain Falcon on his stage)
Fire Emblem - 2 (Ike on Castle Siege, Marth on his stage)
Ice Climbers - 1 (Ice Climbers on The Summit)
Kid Icarus - 1 (Pit on Skyworld)
Animal Crossing - 1 (Possible AC character on this stage?)
Pikmin - 1 (Pikmin & Olimar on Distant Planet)
Game & Watch - 1 (Mr. Game & Watch on his stage)
DS - 1 (Pictochat as a level with no character)
Wii - 1 (I believe the unknown icon is the Wii symbol for this stage. The DS got a stage, so why not the Wii? Maybe this stage could be based on the Mii Channel or Wii Sports)
Sonic - 1 (Sonic on his stage)
Metal Gear Solid - 1 (Snake on Shadow Moses Island)
Classic - 8 (Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Rainbow Ride, Corneria, Brinstar, Onett, and two others)
Total - 41

Zek said:
MarkMan, why were you so hesitant to post anything but the number of characters before, and now you're naming characters one by one as people pester you? Are you going to leak the roster or not?

Yeah, kind of made me skeptical too, but I'll just have to Believe. MarkMan, you should just be a hero and leak it all, this game's the big one, what a way to go it'd be. :p

(Yeah, I know you can't do that, I understand all that stuff, I'm not stupid, just saying.... :D )

Akai

SuperAngelo64 said:
Smash Bros. Brawl/X isn't even on that game.

In fact the only Wii game even list is some fuedal japan war-game.
It's under GC alongside Melee for some reason...

If MarkMan does know what he's talking about, is it right to put spoilers directly in the topic title, even for things that aren't in the game? I'd think some people would want to find out for themselves, at least once the Japanese release hits.

Firestorm

MarkMan said:
Yea, really... With Metroid who else is there besides Samus?

Ridley = 100% not a playable char.

Hi, you're a Tekken player so you might not have realized, but you just killed the smashernets.

Kulock said:
If MarkMan does know what he's talking about, is it right to put spoilers directly in the topic title, even for things that aren't in the game? I'd think some people would want to find out for themselves, at least once the Japanese release hits.

Spoilers for things not in the game? That's just silly!

"Master Chief isn't in brawl guys!"

"OMG SPOILERZZ!"

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm not saying anything else. I don't see all the questions/heckling as pestering either as I have a pretty good mental ignore filter. Answering questions like 'why are you so hesitant etc etc' is not what I'm reading this thread for lolol.

PoR, I know who she is, don't know where she's getting her information from though.

I'm watching football right now so I'm reading this thread on and off... GO CHARGERS AND PACKERS! lolol...

KevinCow

Banned
Tim-E said:
Bowser's size is just about right, and the size of the others fits the game just fine. A small Ridley would just look stupid.

That, and I love how touchy Ridley fans are on the subject.
Small Ridley looks perfectly fine in the Melee opening.

And it's not that I'm touchy, it's just that, when you say really fucking stupid things, it's hard not to call you out on saying really fucking stupid things. Like, "Ridley wouldn't work in a game that has fucking Mr. Game & Watch as a playable character," that's a really fucking stupid thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom