• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet Pre-Order Bonuses (By the gods, what have I become)

Evander

"industry expert"
andydumi said:
Target is definitely one of them. They always have an item or other, like the system skins for GTA4.

BestBuy and CircuitCity often get stuff as well.

We'll see, I guess.

Estival

The LBP news site was updated about Europe and Canada's pre-order bonuses. Looks like it's not finalized for Europe cos it's complicated, and Canada only gets to choose between Nariko and Kratos.

Firewire

Banned
Estival said:
The LBP news site was updated about Europe and Canada's pre-order bonuses. Looks like it's not finalized for Europe cos it's complicated, and Canada only gets to choose between Nariko and Kratos.

Looks like both will be available in Canada.

"To our Canadian fans – Apologies for forgetting about you – we didn’t have details until today, but we have good news and ‘gooder’ news. First the good news – there will be 2* pre-order campaigns in Canada. The ‘gooder’ news is that the 2* items are Kratos SackBoy and Nariko SackGirl.

So...regarding Kratos SackBoy @ Canada, he'll be waiting for you at your local EB Games & GameStop stores (north of the boarder).

Stay tuned for more info on Nariko SackGirl when we make our announcements on the site.

*In the current internet age, we’re pretty sure you could get the BradyGames digital mini-guide if you wanted to"

http://littlebigplanet.us.playstation.com/post/2008/08/Pre-Order-Details-Canada--EU.aspx

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Marconelly said:
Kratos and Nariko are just downloadable characters and not physical puppets, right?

Correct. We haven't seen any physical plushies/puppets yet, but I think it's fair to say they're coming.

Firewire

Banned
Marconelly said:
Kratos and Nariko are just downloadable characters and not physical puppets, right?

Yeah, just skins I think. That's why I tend to think it really isn't a big deal, sooner or latter it will become available in DLC package or something.

Estival said:

And they say this about getting the digital mini-guide.

*In the current internet age, we’re pretty sure you could get the BradyGames digital mini-guide if you wanted to.

:lol

Evander

"industry expert"
Alright, I have my Kratos code.

I also have an extra one, in case anyone wants to trade a different pre-order bonus for it.

Evander

"industry expert"
Darkman M said:
Are these codes for the actual sackboys or just the costumes?

I'm confused.

You have the same sackboy throught the game, I thought, but you can dress it up differently.

The codes give you all the pieces of their particular costume.

Evander

"industry expert"
Darkman M said:
^ ohh Ok, i thought they might be giving out actual many sackboys at certain places with preorders.

I'm not trying to rub it in, just curious what you thought. what do you mean "many sackboys"? Like, with this code, you'd get to control two instead of one at a time?

Tideas

Banned
Evander said:
I'm not trying to rub it in, just curious what you thought. what do you mean "many sackboys"? Like, with this code, you'd get to control two instead of one at a time?

he's talking about actual plushies i think.

and to answer that is no.

Nightz

Evander said:
Alright, I have my Kratos code.

I also have an extra one, in case anyone wants to trade a different pre-order bonus for it.
Just wondering...Is the code something you would have to input in PSN (like the MGO beta code), or will it be inputted through the game itself? Reason I'm asking is that if it's the latter, it might be like Burnout Paradise where you can just get the codes off the net and download all the DLC.

Evander

"industry expert"
Nightz said:
Just wondering...Is the code something you would have to input in PSN (like the MGO beta code), or will it be inputted through the game itself? Reason I'm asking is that if it's the latter, it might be like Burnout Paradise where you can just get the codes off the net and download all the DLC.

It is the former. I haven't scratched the back off of mine yet, but the fact that you even have to do that strongly suggests that it is a one-use thing.

Nightz

Evander said:
It is the former. I haven't scratched the back off of mine yet, but the fact that you even have to do that strongly suggests that it is a one-use thing.
Gotcha, thanks.

HoTHiTTeR

My buddy is a Manager @ a GameStop here in Sacramento, CA. He's heard nothing about getting in cards or codes, only that they'd come w/ the games at release time. Can anyone take a picture of the code/card that is being handed out? I'd love to keep him in the loop, so he can keep me in the loop. :lol
I already missed out on getting a Socom beta code :(

Evander

"industry expert"
HoTHiTTeR said:
My buddy is a Manager @ a GameStop here in Sacramento, CA. He's heard nothing about getting in cards or codes, only that they'd come w/ the games at release time. Can anyone take a picture of the code/card that is being handed out? I'd love to keep him in the loop, so he can keep me in the loop. :lol
I already missed out on getting a Socom beta code :(

I'll get you a picture, just hang on.

And my store has already gotten a restock on the Socom codes, so don't give up hope.

Evander

"industry expert"
100_0857.jpg

100_0858.jpg

quick and dirty

Snaku

Banned
Went up to Gamestop today and they had the Kratos LBP preorder cards in. Got mine. :D

Now to find a Nariko card...

Top Bottom