• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2011 Nintendo Press Conference Thread: What's in your coffee? [Over]

DaBuddaDa

I just really hope Nintendo doesn't stay predicable and lazy and announce nothing but the same old franchises for their eight-hundredth iteration. New Mario Kart, new Mario, new Smash Bros., new Kirby. Ok fine, great, but show me some third party stuff, show me Pikmin 3, show me something the Wii didn't already have.

Whatever GPU is used in Cafe, it'll be the first time that former Lockheed Martin Real3D technology is in a Nintendo console. Years ago ATI took over Real3D's Orlando office and ATI also hired many of Real3D's engineers and gained many of their patents. All of this impacts a R700 GPU. Lockheed Martin Real3D was so great, back in the day, because their GPUs powered SEGA's Model 3 arcade board. So what right? Nintendo had ArtX's design (Flipper) in GameCube (and Hollywood in Wii), and ArtX was comprised of former SGI engineers, so what's so good about Lockheed Martin Real3D? Great image quality, no BS specs, and so on. Cafe should benefit from this, no matter what R700-family GPU it uses. That's all.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mojojo said:
Geoff just said Sony has better 1st party games than Nintendo :_( *close gametrailers*

Yeah. No. Goodbye credibility.

Pre

Mojojo said:
Geoff just said Sony has better 1st party games than Nintendo :_( *close gametrailers*

I used to like him until I figured out that he's a goddamned moron.

Ifrit

Eradicate said:
gifcheck.gif

Hype!

What's the story with the E3 Bear? I see it being posted everywhere

Kaizer

Banned
Fourth Storm said:
Just give me Xenoblade and Last Story announcements and after that the Wii can rest in peace. It had a damn good run.
Pretty much. Zelda, The Last Story & Xenoblade to close out the Wii then on to the "The Nintendo"/Beem/Beam/Stream/Current/Cafe/Iwata Bomb Dropper

Sinoox

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
I just really hope Nintendo doesn't stay predicable and lazy and announce nothing but the same old franchises for their eight-hundredth iteration. New Mario Kart, new Mario, new Smash Bros., new Kirby. Ok fine, great, but show me some third party stuff, show me Pikmin 3, show me something the Wii didn't already have.

There were rumors that GTA5 might show up. I know it sounds outlandish, but when you think how poorly Nintendo has done with third parties and their eagerness to do better, it's actually kind of probable.

DaBuddaDa

Mojojo said:
Geoff literally has Drake's boner in his mouth at all times, it's to be expected, it's OK.

Gomu Gomu

Mojojo said:
Yeah, they also said Rayman Origins was boring because it's not a 3D platformer.... sooooo.

Setanta said:
I'd like videos updated to the Nintendo e-shop
Maybe that is why the American eShop is completely lacking them (Europe got OOT and DOA trailers)...so the Dead or Alive and OOT videos can get lost in the E3 flood.

Ecotic

Please Nintendo just have some respectable horsepower - a decent bump up from current consoles at least. This thing has to last to like 2018 or so.

Mojojo said:

Western game journalists would think the worst of Nintendo if they solved cancer. "Yeah, millions of lives have been saved, but do they have have Gears of War 4 this holiday?!"

Mojojo said:

This shit needs to stop. There has been no first party venture greater than Super Mario Galaxy. Maybe he is talking about variety and the rate of new IP. Then I could agree. In terms of a game by game basis, no.

Cygnus X-1

All Nintendo franchises FINALLY will be displayed in High Definition. This is probably my most anticipated E3 ever!

Better late than never!

zeioIIDX

My body is....fucking sore. Just had a PT test this morning and my back is killing me after my 1.5 mile run (yep, Air Force). Despite this, my body is still ready...I'm so damn excited!!

bud

i'm pretty excited to see what they've got in store for us. and, assuming it's true, i think it's pretty cool they're calling it ''nintendo.''

Top Bottom