• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 10th

kmax

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

Donkey Kong Drives Wii U Sales, Bravely Default Outpacing Fire Emblem

Strong new releases helped sales of Wii U software and Nintendo 3DS software in February increase by more than 180 percent and more than 25 percent, respectively, over the same month last year. Wii U software sales were driven by the Feb. 21 launch of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, which sold more than 130,000 combined physical and digital units in its first eight days on the market. This helped sales of Wii U hardware increase by nearly 25 percent over the same month last year.

*Data regarding physical sales of games in February are from the NPD Group. Data regarding digital downloads of games and combined physical/digital life-to-date numbers are from Nintendo’s internal sales figures. All numbers, unless otherwise stated, are specific to the United States only.

Nintendo PR:
"This helped sales of Wii U hardware increase by nearly 25 percent over the same month last year."

Wii U hardware February 2013: 66.0K

Remember guys? Remember when it did 66K last year?

Wouldn't "nearly 25% over the same month last year" mean 66.0 * 1.25 = Wii U is nearly 82.5K?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Here's Nintendo PR e-mail:

Strong new releases helped sales of Wii U software and Nintendo 3DS software in February increase by more than 180 percent and more than 25 percent, respectively, over the same month last year. Wii U software sales were driven by the Feb. 21 launch of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, which sold more than 130,000 combined physical and digital units in its first eight days on the market. This helped sales of Wii U hardware increase by nearly 25 percent over the same month last year.

In early 2013, Fire Emblem Awakening launched for Nintendo 3DS and became one of the surprise hits of the year. Bravely Default, which launched for Nintendo 3DS on Feb. 7, improved on the launch of Fire Emblem Awakening by more than 10 percent, selling more than 200,000 combined units in just over three weeks.

Other sales milestones achieved by Nintendo in February include:

Bravely Default and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze finished as the No. 2 and No. 4 best-selling software SKUs for the month of February.
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y for the Nintendo 3DS system sold more than 130,000 combined units in their fifth month on the market. This brought the life-to-date total to more than 3.4 million combined units in the United States alone.
Over the next few months, Nintendo will launch a series of games from fan-favorite franchises including Yoshi’s New Island (Nintendo 3DS, March 14), Disney Magical World (Nintendo 3DS, April 11), Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo 3DS, May 2), Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo 3DS, May 2) and Mario Kart 8 (Wii U, May 30).

Wow, Bravely Default did very well, that's nice to see. Cranky also didn't do too badly, considering the state of the system it released for.

Yoda

6:16 PM and no Major nelson tweet. Xbone is officially doomed.

Bro don't pussy foot... the gaming industry is clearly doomed we will all be playing mobile games on the toilet from here on out.

8-Bitty_with_iPhone.jpg

/s
<-- just incase lol

Kusagari

I'm not sure what to think of Wii U sales lately.

It seems to be selling better, but selling better than before still means its basically comatose.

I picked 66k to match last year's total for Wii U, meh 16k off I'll take it

edit: it would take a miracle for 3DS to be up over last year, but let's not go crazy with Wii U>3DS here

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, I saw it.

I predicted around FE's debut...it actually sold a little more.

I'm the new Sales-Age Genius. Bow down to the king.

Seriously now, sooooo happy for Bravely :D

Who's going to post Sweet Victory song?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
My Wii U predictions were at 60k.

I underestimated the power of Cranky.

lol Wii U already messing up my predictions. Good on you nintendo for having a console perform slightly less than omg god you're sooooooooooo dead levels

Ape

Banned
You guys are way too down on the Wii U's numbers. If they can keep increasing by 25% every February for the next 90 years, they will be right in it. Stop being so short sighted.

That's why NONE of you are CEOs!

Top Bottom