• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

KyleCross

What did it say

"Did you find what you were looking for?"

Player: "Who's this? And what the fuck is going on?"

"What do you mean? Everything seems fine to me. Just remember, all doors can be opened. If they couldn't, they wouldn't be doors. But some doors must remain closed, for now."

Persona7

Banned
I don't understand how people are finding the phone room wall broken. My demo updated and everything is exactly the same. I've done everything you could possibly do from the original demo and no dice... I don't see anything different.

Did the update download completely and install? Sometimes updates get stuck. Check the downloads.

kogasu

Mine hasn't updated yet and I must get sleep but I fully expect to be able to obsess over it with you guys when I wake up lol! ;D

Is it just me or did the photo above the fireplace change?

How do you get to the new room? Is it just open from the beginning or do you have to do something?
Nope it's just open now. Just get the fuse to get into the attic and the wall on the other side of the phone wall will be open.

liquidtmd

Banned
One new room and a phone message isn't three gigs worth of content. Hmmmmmm here we go again!!!!

Have the new basement key. Going back into videotape world now to see what that does with it (well, not 'with it')

Here is where the dummy palm is located and also combining it with the dummy finger.
Here is the new voice message

Is it just me or did the photo above the fireplace change?

Yes
2xrRwxZ.png
new door texture

Mr. Desu

Well, toyed around for an hour and found nothing more than what's already been found. I would have hoped Capcom would have learned this time around.

Kuraudo

Banned
One new room and a phone message isn't three gigs worth of content. Hmmmmmm here we go again!!!!

Have the new basement key. Going back into videotape world now to see what that does with it (well, not 'with it')

The 3 gigs are probably just because they got lazy and patched the whole demo again on top of the old one.

Kuraudo

Banned
Message on the wall seems to be suggesting you do something with the dummy finger. But as it's talking about graves I assume it's for a future update when we finally get outside.

Lucent

Wonder if this is in preparation for the conference Saturday? Cuz I can't find anything new beyond the open room.

There is whispering in the track of the main menu. I turned up the audio but couldn't make out what they were saying, sounds like it's reversed.

Persona7

Banned
There is whispering in the track of the main menu. I turned up the audio but couldn't make out what they were saying, sounds like it's reversed.

This was found the same day the original demo came out. She says "I'm outside the door" which is a hint to the first ghost sighting. Unless it is different now.

Lucent

Really disappointed there's barely anything here at the moment. Get ya all excited with a few new items and then dead ends. Guess I'm waiting til Saturday to see if anything is discussed.

ggx2ac

"Did you find what you were looking for?"

Player: "Who's this? And what the fuck is going on?"

"What do you mean? Everything seems fine to me. Just remember, all doors can be opened. If they couldn't, they wouldn't be doors. But some doors must remain closed, for now."

We're going to have to wait for another demo until we can finally escape aren't we?

ggx2ac

I'm guessing the basement key is used on the door where those 7 hanging dolls are. The door is barricaded though so I guess we're waiting for another demo. This demo update feels pointless without a new ending.

Jawmuncher

I'm guessing the basement key is used on the door where those 7 hanging dolls are. The door is barricaded though so I guess we're waiting for another demo. This demo update feels pointless without a new ending.

I don't think we're getting another update, unless they're waiting for the PC and Xbox One release.

KyleCross

I'm not sure what Capcom think they're doing if this is either all they put into this update or they made the solution super obtuse like in PT. No one cares enough to spend the weeks and months that they originally were anymore, people are fed up. This demo is now becoming a dehype machine.

Rellik

Can't wait for the next update to get an arm so we can combine it with the hand. By 2019, we will have a full body.

ggx2ac

I don't think we're getting another update, unless they're waiting for the PC and Xbox One release.

The new phone message mentions "...some doors must remain closed for now." and, when the demo ends it says "...the end is near" or something like that.

I lost my enthusiasm to go and scrutinise everything again. I took a good look at the new room and there's nothing hinting at a new event occurring during the demo. (The dummy finger attaches to a hand that also does nothing.)

The new messages I mentioned in the first paragraph tells me there's going to be another demo just before the game release in January.

It's probably going to happen at the PlayStation Experience event in December if that's happening again this year.

How do I acquire the Twilight version!??

i just checked and it says my Demo is already up-to-date but it is the old update from June..

:(

Man! I never thought I would say I be excited for TWILIGHT! LOL

. If you haven’t played the demo yet, it will be a great time to investigate the dilapidated corridors and uncover the mansion’s mysteries.

5275582998244b321fd970eafdcd8b06871ab7d3_hq.gif

neoemonk

Total coincidence but I just got around to playing this yesterday. I was surprised to see this thread pop up but I'm glad I did.

Firecrest

Man, that was an exhausting run. I gave up after hours of trying to replicate opening the attic door, but thanks a ton to everyone who stuck it out with me.

So as far as we're aware, there are three crates in the locked attic door room and a table. I didn't have an axe to bust the crates open so when I went back into the VHS (like an idiot) it reset my progress and the door was once again locked shut.

... For anyone who was watching, did you record the moment I got the door open? Youtube only goes a couple hours back into my stream so that part is gone. My cousin-in-law did manage to capture a screenshot of the outside but that's it.

https://imgur.com/a/MRc2d

For those wondering... this were the precise steps I took to unlock it:

- Pulled Chimney Chain
- Grabbed Fuse
- Immediately left crawlspace
- Put fuse into fusebox
- Grabbed dummy finger
- Grabbed bolt cutters
- Cut chain
- Got video tape
- Went back into TV room
- Went into kitchen and opened fridge
- Opened microwave
- Walked up stairs
*dust falls from ceiling*
- Looked up at ceiling
- Pressed stairs button
- Strafed down attic hallway while looking at wall in the direction of phone room
- Looked at borded-up door down the hallway
- Strafed into phone room
- Looked at helicopter photo
- Spun photo around (so text appeared on screen)
- Stepped into new attic room
- Stepped out back into phone room
- Stepped back into new room
*boom door was open*

Note: I didn't do anything else such as grab the mannequin hand or ammo.

... But like I said, I spent hours trying to replicate it so take this with a grain of salt. Chances are I just glitched the door open by not giving it time to load in.

EctoPrime

Changing the brightness option to the highest setting seems to somewhat disable the lighting. Not sure if the original demo did that but you can get a good look at the doorway in the basement from the videotape.

eXistor

Seeing as this new room only came after a huge update and the new items have no function right now, I'm pretty sure we'll only be able to use them after the next update.

I don't see much else in the game. Unlike before I think we've found all we have so far so I'm going to leave it there. Maybe come back with theories but I don't wanna go too far into this like last time since I honestly doubt there is much more to this until the next update.

Has it been updated in the UK? I'm seeing nothing in my download list

It's an automatic update. Or update it via the game

Top Bottom