• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Health steal all the way.
It will always give you health, and the higher your damage is, the more it restores.

Currently I can have a sliver of health left, and within one attack be at full health.

I'm still rocking Black Demise with 10% health steal. Its good for up to level 60 of the Crucible, then i start getting hammered. Currently have a friend sending some higher health steal weapons he has so i can try for a better stat on a pair of high damage possessed scythes i have at present.

I still can't believe the guy who had 95% health steal though. CRAZY!!

glaurung

Nvidia rescues the day, coming through with ambient occlusion and anti aliasing extensions for their control panel, and a SLI profile: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-306-02-beta-drivers-released/

Doing what Vigil can't, hohoho. Jumping into the game for the first time now with AA and AO enabled, will post a screen or two in a mo.
Oh my.

I suddenly feel a strange urge to run off home and play the PC version.

Quoted for size, nVidia image.

geforce-306-02-beta-darksiders-2.png

Feature

Banned
I thought the 3D settings in the nvidia control panel was only for actual 3D purposes... I feel like a moron now. I'll have to check that stuff out tonight.

Jubbly

1920x1080, 16x High Quality AF, 8xCSAA, Quality Ambient Occlusion, 2-Way GTX 680 SLI, 306.02 beta driver:

darksiders22012-08-273jumi.png

Sadly, the shadow maps look terrible, so I think I'll hold off progressing any further until the promised patch is released, which they claim will fix that ugly slight on an otherwise great looking game (with Nvidia's tweaks enabled that is... the art was always good, but yea, looked like the dog's dinner without AA).

bryanee

What's the stat/attribute for health steal? I haven't seen a single item like that in-game.

I dont remember the stats but it had health steal and I believe they were called brutal scythes. On eof many versions of that weapon I've come across. I went back to the same chest to get it again but it was a pair of boots this time.

malfcn

Getting piss off at fighting The Deposed King. He isn't even hitting me and it kills me. I get hit, I get it..damage. But when I evade and he hits nothing why do I freeze and die. Things like this irritate me.

Getting piss off at fighting The Deposed King. He isn't even hitting me and it kills me. I get hit, I get it..damage. But when I evade and he hits nothing why do I freeze and die. Things like this irritate me.

its the ice damage he causes. Try to equip armor that increases your resistance, he will be a piece of cake after.

ironcreed

Banned

Use fire-based weapons and when he does the big swing that gets his mace stuck on the ground, run forward, dodge right through him (as soon as he telegraphs) and lay waste to him from behind.

Easy pickings.

Keep your distance WAY back and just let him swing around till his mace gets stuck in the ground then attack. If later he ends up doing the spin attack. Just teleport slash through it and get on the other side and roll to a distance. Rinse and repeat.

Or if you have more of a Necro build. Just have the ghouls take the aggro and just attack when his mace gets stuck.

malfcn

Keep your distance WAY back and just let him swing around till his mace gets stuck in the ground then attack. If later he ends up doing the spin attack. Just teleport slash through it and get on the other side and roll to a distance. Rinse and repeat.

Or if you have more of a Necro build. Just have the ghouls take the aggro and just attack when his mace gets stuck.

Use fire-based weapons and when he does the big swing that gets his mace stuck on the ground, run forward, dodge right through him (as soon as he telegraphs) and lay waste to him from behind.

Easy pickings.

That has been my tactic. Also with the teleport slash I get mad damage on myself.

ironcreed

Banned
But he isn't hitting me. I am nearly behind him when I get frozen.

Don't side roll. Time his swing and roll right through him right as he starts to swing. Attack from behind, rinse and repeat. I barely got touched this way, save for his whirlwind attack.

I got the talisman that is supposed to increase the possessed item drop, but I'm at the end of the game and most of the area have no enemies left. Do the enemies in the Crucible drop equipment or do I need to wait till NG?

Zeth

Ok, I'm stuck. Spoilers in video, I'm about 18 hours in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcpEeggHnpo&feature=player_detailpage#t=487s

instead of flying out of the portal and landing where the gate is, my statue just plops out of it and lands in between them. I get the mini cutscene but the statue doesn't get enough momentum. As far as I can tell, I'm using the exact method shown in the video. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ok, got it to work after a few more tries.
I had to face the statue in the direction it would be flying, didn't know that was important. And I totally missed the portal charging tooltip I guess.

ezekial45

Banned
Have they mentioned anything about upcoming patches for the PS3 version? The game froze on me after I got a good pair of possessed gauntlets.

RPGCrazied

It froze on me too on PS3 a couple times, just have to restart and hope it doesn't do it again. I think the tearing bothered me more than the couple freezes I had.

ezekial45

Banned
It froze on me too on PS3 a couple times, just have to restart and hope it doesn't do it again. I think the tearing bothered me more than the couple freezes I had.

It happened 5 times now. I gave it another shot after my post about an hour ago, and then it froze on me during a fight during the City of the Dead (the three tiered fight with no saving). I lost a spectacular set of possessed gauntlets.

I'm not playing again until this is fixed.

Man this soundtrack is good.

A few favorites:

(that last track isn't on the official OST and I have no clue why. Its fantastic.)

According to Kyd the last track is called "The Maker's Guardian"

You can definitely hear influences from ACII in the OST. The man is a great composer and we will be sorely missed for Hitman and ACIII.

Oh man, I am NOT looking forward to that section of the game. Has ANYONE liked it?

*raises hand tenatively*

It was a nice change of pace. Atmosphere was cool and the music was great. Without it, the whole
Lostlight
sequence would be even more measly than it already was.

Hela

Never in a million years would it have crossed my mind that the ending will be so disappointing.
The narrator just casually says two or three sentences which don't really mean much and then the credits roll. What?
This and the whole part
on Earth
had a really negative impact on my enjoyment of the game.

Patch news:

PC:
http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29345887/Darksiders_II_PC_Patch_Update_2
PC Patch #2 Details:

• In this patch your key mappings will revert to defaults.

• Added Key Bindings option to the Pause Menu. (Previous location on the Moves List still there)

• The V-sync graphics option is now functional.

• Reaper Form now triggers correctly when using a Keyboard.

• Video Settings save to the Steam Cloud correctly.

• You can now sacrifice items below the 3rd row in the Possessed Weapon menu.

• Target Reticules align properly at all screen resolutions.

• Addressed crashes in Blackstone, including at the 2nd lever and during the Lilith cut-scene.

• Various gameplay progressions fixes.
Console:
http://community.darksiders.com/go/...5911/Darksiders_II_Xbox_360__PS3_Patch_Update
Xbox 360:

- A few crashes in Blackstone, including at the 2nd lever and during the Lilith cut-scene.

- A crash occurring when proceeding back to the Cauldron after completing it.

- The Custodian falling through the bridge in the Foundry when back-tracking through the dungeon.

- Various fixes for the custodian issues in the Foundry and the Scar

- Progression blocker with the Chancellor, reported after crashing or doing the Crucible before going to the land of the dead.

- Turning in 3 Stones of resistance awards the player properly.

- Improved general stability

PlayStation 3:

- A few crashes in Blackstone, including at the 2nd lever and during the Lilith cut-scene.

- A crash occurring when proceeding back to the Cauldron after completing it.

- The Custodian falling through the bridge in the Foundry when back-tracking through the dungeon.

- Spanish sub titles will be added to the North America version of Darksiders II.

- Players will be able to back up their save without having to use an online save

- Various fixes for the custodian getting fixed in the Foundry and the Scar

- Progression blocker with the Chancellor, reported after crashing or doing the Crucible before going to the land of the dead.

- Turning in 3 Stones of resistance awards the player properly.

- Improved general stability

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hope that won't be the last of the patches. I have a chest that isn't appearing the the Cross room in the Arena (the one that appears after you destroy all three crosses and kill the skeletons that pop up.

Also: Possessed Weapons. The best thing. Diablo needs them.

Dahbomb

Are the Custodians those Constructs that you move around to solve puzzles in the 1st world?

A good start but I hope there is more to the patch changes. Still a lot of obvious glitches/bugs that need fixing (Wrath potion bug, Legacy box glitch, infinitely rerolling items. duplicating items through tomes, infinite jump glitch through weapon swapping, no loot in wave 20 and 95 of crucible etc).

rmanthorp

I'm really enjoying this game but exploring in the later half of the game is actually starting to make the game melt away. Frame-rate is dropping so much and I've hard locked 5 times running around the Forge Lands doing last minute side stuff. Killing me :< Any thing I could do to try and counteract it? Uninstall/Reinstall the game to HD, run from disk, clear my cache, something... Sigh...

KevinCow

Banned
Wait, don't tell me level 30 is the max level. My XP bar seems to have stopped filling up. I wanted to go all the way and completely fill my skill tree. :(

Top Bottom