• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Kinsei

Banned
Five guests murdered, but where is unknown. Nothing to point to their final gravestones.

Oh I guess I have to examine the hand in every room and it will point me towards something! Nope.

All doors can be opened. If they couldn't then they wouldn't be doors.

Oh, I guess there must be some way into that one door that they changed!

But some must remain closed for now

Fuck you too game.

Some update.

Yeah one time I went up to the black goo door and some whispering thing followed me for like a minute. I could hear this thing saying something or maybe it was just stuff crawling on me but it stayed with me for a while.

So we found a hand, where we fixed the finger. How much do we guess that in the next demo, we'll find an arm that we'll need to fix to the hand?

DedValve

Banned
So we found a hand, where we fixed the finger. How much do we guess that in the next demo, we'll find an arm that we'll need to fix to the hand?

You can then put it on the mannequin! But you still need to reconstruct the other arm.
And there are 5 mannequins

Vinc

That new trailer has me so damn excited. Legitimately blown away that Capcom is doing this. I can't wait. I won't have a PSVR by the time it comes out, but I can't wait regardless.

chrono01

Something interesting someone on Reddit noticed:

In the Room under the stairs with all the hanging dolls from the ceiling, there is patterns on the wall that look like the finger+hand:

mx6w1w34gslx.jpg

On top of this, the pattern repeats on the wallpaper five times.
Isn't this directly below the spot in the attic where the dummy appears behind you?

Very interesting...

Firecrest

Since I'm still getting questions about it, here are screenshots from the video where I opened the locked attic door... Nothing of interest except three crates (containing ???) and a table.

And no, I haven't been able to replicate it yet. Most likely a glitch if anything.

JHaRHr.png

19tdtu.png

In the Room under the stairs with all the hanging dolls from the ceiling, there is patterns on the wall that look like the finger+hand:

mx6w1w34gslx.jpg

I understand people's frustration with the demo drip feed but man, stuff like this is so cool

Since I'm still getting questions about it, here are screenshots from the video where I opened the locked attic door... Nothing of interest except three crates (containing ???) and a table.
Did any of the crates have yellow tape around it? The one with the ammo in it seems to suggest only the crates with yellow tape have items in them.

So I played again and got all that stuff in the new room, but there wasn't anything else I could do after that. That was much shorter than I thought it would be :/ Hopefully they'll update the demo again sometime super soon.

Caffeine

mx6w1w34gslx.jpg

what the hell

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Phone call seems like a reply to the original demo, "here's something the the finger,look there's nothing here so stop trying to open every door it's a demo"
Obviously we see it as a deeper mystery instead.
And she does sound like Ada.

Inuteu

Phone call seems like a reply to the original demo, "here's something the the finger,look there's nothing here so stop trying to open every door it's a demo"

some doors you can open

some you cant

thanks for the valuable intel, capcom

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
At this point im gonna keep the ax and see what I can get by htting everything 5 times.
Only notable difference i think with the demo is that the area outside is larger, the attics is larger, bullets, and it seems you can watch a tape more than once.

munroe

Not a fan of these demos, the first demo obviously couldn't be completed successfully as a whole wall had to be knocked down to be able to progress further, they'll probably release another demo with another wall taken down so you can progress ever so slightly more

Kyolux

Did anyone have any problems with the download? The patch was downloading extremely slowly. So I deleted the demo, initiated the download, and now it's stuck at the preliminary stage of preparing my drive.

The fuck?

Tried downloading the patch last night when I got home.

My internet broke halfway through. And still didn't work this morning.

I hope I can fix it without calling my ISP tonight when I get home from work. Tried rebooting modem and router a bunch of times and nothing. :/

Jawmuncher

Just played the demo. With the size, and what we have seen. I'm thinking the Baker Trailer, is what we can expect to see later in the demo when they finally update it. Since the character in the trailer is wearing the same shirt as the one in the demo.

I would say perhaps a final update changes things radically, lets us see more into the house and the get captured. Leading to the kitchen scene. Then somehow after that we go about trying to escape and that's where we get the pistol and the ammo we found comes in. Or perhaps that in reversed. Perhaps you do get all the way to the garage and always get family'd to the dinner table as an ending.

Regardless, I feel like a lot of that recent trailer is just the future of the demo, and only very small parts were the actual game. Such as the Outside Area, and the Plantation.

That's why they said the full demo is coming later this week. People are doing this to themselves.

Is this one supposed to contain more than the walking sim elements? I'd like to be proven wrong on my RE7 demo hatred and actually like a new Resi game for the first time in a decade.

Vic_Viper

How do I get the updated Demo? Is there a way to tell if the demo I have has been updated?

I just played it for the first time btw but I looked up what was new and the
fuse
wasnt where it was supposed to be.

Edit: it does say Twilight version at the beginning menu so i guess it is the updated version. Must need to finish it once or something maybe.

How do I get the updated Demo? Is there a way to tell if the demo I have has been updated?

I just played it for the first time btw but I looked up what was new and the
fuse
wasnt where it was supposed to be.

Edit: it does say Twilight version at the beginning menu so i guess it is the updated version. Must need to finish it once or something maybe.

Haven't stayed up to date on this... has the US version of the demo been updated?

Rean

Anyone know what the basement key and hand are used on? Couldn't seem to find out and just answered the phone to end it.

Top Bottom