• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Turkey VP: The Last of Us + Left Behind DLC coming to PS4 in summer 2014

Jawmuncher

If this turns out true i'll double dip at 60 no question.
I would love to play the game the way it was meant to be played. While I loved LoU on PS3 it was evident that ND was at their cap pushing the PS3 there. 60FPS plus none of the odd blurring on Joel's head would be a dream come true.

iNvid02

official box art

gejte8emuaskrtsyc.jpg

Dahaka

This is when I will play it. I still have both TLOU+Addon for the PS3 and my sister played through it in tears but I still managed to resist. Good thing I waited.

Vitor711

Hmmm, pls ND, there is no reason why this port couldn't be 1080p/60fps.

Well TR wasn't 60FPS. Not saying that Crystal Dynamics are the bets devs out there but when you have games with constant dips to the low 20s (ala TR and TLOU), I think that it's reasonable to expect an increased resolution and double the framereate but not triple.

Just played through Left Behind the other day and was astounded at how good it still looks. But I can't see them getting that much of an improvement in performance, especially if they add in any extra touches such as better filtering, better anti-aliasing etc.

I hope for 1080 and 60 but if they pull a TR and get an average of 40 or so, I wouldn't be surprised.

Kyoufu

I hope he's not fired.

This is their worst kept secret and people knowing ahead of time that it's happening isn't a bad thing. Like the ntkrnl leaks.

TomShoe

Banned
I hope he's not fired.

This is their worst kept secret and people knowing ahead of time that it's happening isn't a bad thing. Like the ntkrnl leaks.

Probably some disciplinary action at the worst, considering this was already widely rumored to be happening. I don't feel that something like this is reason to be fired. This is an HD port, not some groundbreaking new IP or something similar.

Ted

I would much prefer something new. I loved TLOU (SP and MP) but I don't really want to buy a new console for old games AND have to pay for them again at even if it is at a marginally reduced price.

If there is no additional content (beyond a making the graphics prettier/smoother) this feels more like an easy way of pulling in some additional revenue without spending much rather than something done #4ThePlayers.

If I have to play old games on a new console I'd MUCH rather have local backwards compatibility thanks Sony but then that doesn't make you any more money re-selling me the same content I already bought once now does it...

Well TR wasn't 60FPS. Not saying that Crystal Dynamics are the bets devs out there but when you have games with constant dips to the low 20s (ala TR and TLOU), I think that it's reasonable to expect an increased resolution and double the framereate but not triple.

Just played through Left Behind the other day and was astounded at how good it still looks. But I can't see them getting that much of an improvement in performance, especially if they add in any extra touches such as better filtering, better anti-aliasing etc.

I hope for 1080 and 60 but if they pull a TR and get an average of 40 or so, I wouldn't be surprised.

1080 60fps is the least they can do. I actually think 1080 30 or 1080 60fps is a difference of a couple hundred-thousand sales, assuming this sells close to 1 million totally.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I would much prefer something new. I loved TLOU (SP and MP) but I don't really want to buy a new console for old games AND have to pay for them again at even if it is at a marginally reduced price.

If there is no additional content (beyond a making the graphics prettier/smoother) this feels more like an easy way of pulling in some additional revenue without spending much rather than something done #4ThePlayers.

If I have to play old games on a new console I'd MUCH rather have local backwards compatibility thanks Sony but then that doesn't make you any more money re-selling me the same content I already bought once now does it...

Something new takes time and money. Sony isn't going to say no to easy money and community goodwill. Releasing an 1080p30+fps The Last of Us for PS4 with DLC included is going to going to create both at a very low price.

As far as I see this is releasing a blu-ray edition of a movie that was only previously released on DVD. It's got better visual fidelity and the people who enjoyed the game will be able to enjoy it once more but with even higher quality visuals. I'd rebuy it in a heartbeat. I love pretty graphics.

dave_d

Anybody want to buy my TLOU? I bought it when it was on sale and I never got around to even opening it, let a lone play it:)

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I completely skipped the PS3 but I love the concept of a fungal apocalypse and this game is only of my saddest misses! I'll be there immediately as soon as it's for sale,

Vashetti

Banned
The Last of Us: Director's Cut please.

I want to see Clicker/Human encounters incorporated into the game like with Left Behind.

I'm not sure why there is so much excitement for this. If you haven't played it yet, then it's great. But the game looked great on the PS3, the graphics didn't hinder the experience at all. It was a great game, but personally a next-gen port won't really make it a better game.

Andrew.

Banned
So this is basically going to be the first game to ever get scored an 11 and the first "remake" to score perfect 10's across the board, right?

d00d3n

I will double dip, but it would be nice with some kind of discount for people who already own the digital ps3 version. I guess crossplay is out of the question considering the (presumably) significant overlap between PS4 early adopters and TLOU ps3 fans (who is left to buy it on PS4?), but paying full price again would feel weird (although, I guess I will do it).

I may end up buying this game as much as metal gear solid titles if it turns into a franchise...

Could end up being another system seller for Xbox only players or ppl who missed the hype train on ps3...

Might be day one depending on what I'm playing

Top Bottom