• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Did you play world at war veteran?

There's something I would never, ever, do again, lol. Especially on the one but last level, game saved a checkpoint with a grenade landing next to me on the bridge and was there every reload, on Veteran it would really show how broken the game was.

I'll go check for you right now.

Thanks for your effort! Internet connection is working fine... Before telling me to check the website, it let me pick a game and tried to vet rooms, skipped to 98% and found no games.

Fairly disappointed I paid £39.99 for a 5 hour single player campaign!

EDIT: Wait were you being sarcastic? :p

Thanks for your effort! Internet connection is working fine... Before telling me to check the website, it let me pick a game and tried to vet rooms, skipped to 98% and found no games.

Fairly disappointed I paid £39.99 for a 5 hour single player campaign!

EDIT: Wait were you being sarcastic? :p

Nope, I was serious. Seems fine here, just played a Domination match.

Sometimes I can't connect to the server either and I have to completely exit the game and reload it to get into MP. Tried that?

mxgt

Banned
Dumbest shit ever. It's like saying arcade stick players are better than controller players. It's preference.

Except it's not. Console players need aim assist for a reason.

Put a controller user against a KB/M user and they'd get their ass handed to them. It'd be even more of a massacre without aim assist.

Sethos

Banned
Wait, people think keyboard and mouse players are better than controller players? lol

The funny thing is, I rarely ever have a good game with KB/M on the Console in this game. People may think it's god mode but there's a fair few limitation, some problems and the sheer fact that luck, positioning and movement is 90% of a kill, the rest is down to the aim which is pointless on these tiny maps as random hip spray is just as effective as an aimed shot ...

So oddly enough, I have the exact same K/D ratio in this game as I did in all the previous Call of Duty games where I used a controller.

MAYBE if we're talking native PC input, without a turn limitation, mouse acceleration, 1:1 input movement and a proper variable sensitivity, I could see an advantage but the Xim Edge setup as it stands is purely a choice of controller rather than an advantage, because it's not perfect - Far from it.

People just have their up the ass thinking this is god mode and like the PC counterpart, except this is one of the few FPS games where aim is the last factor that counts and the setup is NOT 1:1 with the PC.

mxgt

Banned
I would but I had so many bad experiences with hacked lobbies, games going completely dead within a few months when all the Russian cheaters arrive etc. MW2 and MW3 are wastelands, Black Ops I also had some poor experiences despite the dedicated servers ( And the 9000 servers with ridiculous rules ). So I'm a bit weary. Would however love to enjoy the crisp graphics of the PC version over this muddy junk. Plus all my friends are playing on the 360.

If it interests you I've played the MP for around 30 hours and haven't encountered 1 cheater.

Unless you consider hipfiring SMG users cheaters.

Nope, I was serious. Seems fine here, just played a Domination match.

Sometimes I can't connect to the server either and I have to completely exit the game and reload it to get into MP. Tried that?

Oh thanks :p Yeah I actually shut down the PS3 to retry when it happened, no luck. Thought the PS3 had a handshake issue with the router or something. Will try again tonight!

Dennis

Banned
Question about the story

I captured Menedez alive after which he kills Woods. Is there a different story ending if I kill Menedez?

Sethos

Banned
If it interests you I've played the MP for around 30 hours and haven't encountered 1 cheater.

Unless you consider hipfiring SMG users cheaters.

Problem is, they tend to rear their faces after a few months and as people jump ship they tend to take over. However I might pick it up when the next paycheck arrives and enjoy the crisp IQ and some proper mouse support.

LowParry

C'mon guys. This is Call of Duty. Not Quake 3. I'm just not seeing the advantage with the keyboard and mouse vs controller with this series. If we were talking say Quake 3 or Counter Strike, absolutely keyboard and mouse rule supreme.

C'mon guys. This is Call of Duty. Not Quake 3. I'm just not seeing the advantage with the keyboard and mouse vs controller with this series. If we were talking say Quake 3 or Counter Strike, absolutely keyboard and mouse rule supreme.

In this game too the kb and mouse is quicker to aim. trust me i tired both and its way faster aiming with mouse and kb.

mxgt

Banned

Extremely accurate aiming device vs inaccurate aiming device

The advantage is clear and always will be.

Jack_AG

Banned
iYxyGz2aDZNZ9.gif

why
Oh dude this happened to me a bunch of times. Its even funnier when it kills someone when it drops on them.

Detox

Extremely accurate aiming device vs inaccurate aiming device

The advantage is clear and always will be.

Not to mention the aim-assist / magnetism present on the console versions to compensate for the inaccurate aiming device. There is a reason why the PC version doesn't have aim-assist. It's funny how he doesn't like the PC version because of people using hacks like aimbot meanwhile he is taking advantage of the aimbot inherent in console shooters.

Sethos

Banned
Not to mention the aim-assist / magnetism present on the console versions to compensate for the inaccurate aiming device. There is a reason why the PC version doesn't have aim-assist. It's funny how he doesn't like the PC version because of people using hacks like aimbot meanwhile he is taking advantage of the aimbot inherent in console shooters.

Except Sherlock, you turn that shit off because it doesn't work with the setup :)

O D I N

Question about the story

I captured Menedez alive after which he kills Woods. Is there a different story ending if I kill Menedez?

There's actually several different endings based on a lot of different things.

Whether (And we're going to go into more spoilers here):

Hudson alive or not

Karma alive or not

Egghead alive or not

Defalco alive or not

Alex Mason alive or not

Menendez alive or not

and a couple other things

Along with a couple other things.
So... Yeah. There's a few different endings.

iNvid02

i got a shitty ending too, and made some terrible decisions along the way. i might actually replay it someday - replay a COD campaign lol.
KuGsj.gif

Where does the campaign rank compared to previous games? Still not sure whether to complete it or not. Never been a fan of Treyarch's campaigns.

its my fav campaign out of any COD game so yeah its good

Jack_AG

Banned
Ditched the AR and now using SMG. Holy crap, it's like night and day - leading every game now. This is so unbalanced.
Only 2 of the top 5 weapons I am killed by are SMGs - the rest are ARs:
MTAR
MP7
TYPE 25
FAL
SCORPION

Funny since everyone bitches about SMGs. I don't think anyone checks their stats - I think they just bitch 'cuz its the cool thing. Played a game yesterday where I swear half the team was using the FAL.

I unlocked it to try it, while it fires slow that fucker is a laser pointer even with irons. But this is COD so every weapon fires in 3" grouping even across the map so...

The funny thing is, I rarely ever have a good game with KB/M on the Console in this game. People may think it's god mode but there's a fair few limitation, some problems and the sheer fact that luck, positioning and movement is 90% of a kill, the rest is down to the aim which is pointless on these tiny maps as random hip spray is just as effective as an aimed shot ...

So oddly enough, I have the exact same K/D ratio in this game as I did in all the previous Call of Duty games where I used a controller.

MAYBE if we're talking native PC input, without a turn limitation, mouse acceleration, 1:1 input movement and a proper variable sensitivity, I could see an advantage but the Xim Edge setup as it stands is purely a choice of controller rather than an advantage, because it's not perfect - Far from it.

People just have their up the ass thinking this is god mode and like the PC counterpart, except this is one of the few FPS games where aim is the last factor that counts and the setup is NOT 1:1 with the PC.

If you rarely ever have a good game with kb/m on console I highly doubt its cheaters that keep you away from the PC version.

Dennis

Banned
Where does the campaign rank compared to previous games? Still not sure whether to complete it or not. Never been a fan of Treyarch's campaigns.

I thought it was very solid experience. As good as any other CoD campaign.

It starts out pretty terrible though. And the quality is somewhat uneven. But a couple of the levels are probably the best levels of any CoD game. One in particular stands out as a small masterpiece.

Sethos

Banned
I thought it was very solid experience. As good as any other CoD campaign.

It starts out pretty terrible though. And the quality is somewhat uneven. But a couple of the levels are probably the best levels of any CoD game. One in particular stands out as a small masterpiece.

Okay, appreciate it.

Sounds like I need to get crackin' soon.

6 and it's the best Call of Duty campaign ever made.

It's incredible.

6?! That's pretty impressive, expected 3 tops.

Jack_AG

Banned
Also does anybody really have a clue how to play zombies? Transit is like completely foreign to me.

Sure I could look up strategy or whatever but basically I've just been getting random guns and I get to the part where you turn the power on in the lab then we usually die.
There is a boss you have to fight.

You have to turn the power off right after everything powers up. Leave the HAARP facility before the door closes. Get back on the bus and go to the diner again. Start killing and make sure to open the door to the GARAGE only. Try to get an EMP from the box inside and make sure to NOT kill the last zombie when the thunderstorm is overhead. If you do - HIM will spawn. You can kill him but an EMP one shots him. When you have an EMP or heavy guns - end the wave when the thunderstorm is overhead and kill the boss.

If you want easier - DO NOT COMPLETE WAVE 1 UNTIL YOU TURN ON THE POWER AND ARE BACK AT THE DINER. To do this simply make sure you only kill enough zombies to get 750pts to open the outhouse to get into the HAARP facility. Keep stringing the zombies along - if they latch on the bus just keep repairing the windows as they try to break in.

Starting at wave 3 - keep 2 SLOW walkers alive at the end of a round if you need to kite through a thunderstorm if you need to kill more rounds for pts/EMP - if you leave 1 he will turn into a fast runner. You can still kite but walkers are easier to keep an eye on.

Again - once when you have great weapons or an EMP - save the last zombie in the wave until the thunderstorm is directly overhead then kill him to spawn the boss.

Jack_AG

Banned
You paid money to have an advantage over people playing with gamepads, are you seriously proud of that gameplay?
Not to defend anyone here - but we ALL paid money to this game and great connections just to be shit on by people with "joe blow" internet connections and purposefully jacking their ping so they get lag comp.

I guarantee you I would stomp any kb/m user if lag comp worked FOR ME and not against me.

I say its fair game to get any advantage you can against lag comp. Sethos has stated many times how much he has been affected by lag comp and it SUCKS when you are on the shit end.

Blame Treyarch for their netcode - they aren't fixing shit so what did you expect people to do? Sit there and not enjoy something they spent money on?

Lag comp >>>>>>>>>> kb/m any fucking day.

O D I N

Wait wait wait wait wait

you can save Hudson? How?

I thought that was unavoidable

No, you can save MASON. Not Hudson.

Well, actually, now I don't know. Treyarch has mind fucked me so hard.

To save Mason (Alex, your dad), shoot him in the legs, not the head.

Top Bottom