• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Korten

Banned
The multiplayer is hacked already lol !

BYHz1r2CQAAatjG.jpg:large

I assume that's Ghosts? How is it?

zychi

Banned
Chances are it could be in offline mode, but showing that they can already do it can only mean bad things in the future.

Also I've uploaded all the videos I had to my channel if anyone wants to watch some Ghosts gameplay.

COD games are usually hacked pre-official release. Since the engine barely changes, modded xboxes can easily manipulate the scoring. Dude will be banned before release and a patch should adjust it. Happens with ever COD on 360.

Freaky

Neo Member
It wasn't offline mode, it was online .. I joined a lobby with 3 guys with the same prestiges, One in my friend list has it too.

I don't know what prestige is that actually .. but I guess the glitch/hack has something to do with the "squad points".

however .. the game is more of the same, The respawning in TDM is so Random.

NO MORE " Search and Destroy ", it is " Search and Rescue " now.

You have to confirm the kill by taking the dog tag .. or the enemy's mates will deny the kill and he'll respawn again. " Snipers/Quick Scopers will get mad, I am mad .."

I don't understand why didn't they keep both modes.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I loved Ground War on PC, it was one of the few modes with a decent amount of people as well, so no idea why they removed it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Performance issues is my guess.

Seems odd to remove it on PC though, the requirements are pretty high, and it's not like CoD is demanding. I guess I'll live without it, but it's a shame.

MrDaravon

I am legitimately fucking amazed at that they removed Ground War; they're flat-out regressing on featrues. GW was what me and my friends played like 90% of the time, this is actually pre-order cancelled territory for me. I think I may wait to pick up a copy for at least a few days to see how online turns out.

Do we have any confirmation either way on if current-gen versions have dedicated servers or not?

zeelman

I am legitimately fucking amazed at that they removed Ground War; they're flat-out regressing on featrues. GW was what me and my friends played like 90% of the time, this is actually pre-order cancelled territory for me. I think I may wait to pick up a copy for at least a few days to see how online turns out.

Do we have any confirmation either way on if current-gen versions have dedicated servers or not?

They decided to remove Ground War in current gen consoles because they wanted the smoothest experience possible for these systems. PC, Xbone, and PS4 will still have it.

IW confirmed a mix of dedicated servers and P2P for all platforms (except Xbone and PC, they run on only Dedicated Servers) a few weeks ago. Basically this system works like it did in Gears of War 3. There's Dedicated Servers when there's a lot of people playing (not right now because people shouldn't have gotten the game early), and then the game will switch to P2P as the player count goes down.

MrDaravon

They decided to remove Ground War in current gen consoles because they wanted the smoothest experience possible for these systems. PC, Xbone, and PS4 will still have it.

What exactly does this even mean? It's been in the last 4+ releases. Given the visual quality of this game (i.e. it doesn't look any better than previous releases) this is pretty abysmal. The majority of the time we're playing we have MORE than 6 people on. This is going to literally force party splitting within my friends group which is completely unacceptable.

Also except for one person getting an Xbox One, none of us are getting either nextgen system at launch. Saying all of us have to spend $560-660 to get the same experience we have had for the last 5 years is insane.

Wow dat pre-load download size. This'll take a nice chunk out of my monthly bandwidth cap.

Oh well, bring it on. I wonder what the next game will be that will break this 25gb+ download size.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just played what will probably be my last session of Black Ops 2. Went 24-7 on Rush in my very last match. Seems like a pretty good way to go out.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Wow dat pre-load download size. This'll take a nice chunk out of my monthly bandwidth cap.

Oh well, bring it on. I wonder what the next game will be that will break this 25gb+ download size.

It's crazy some ISPs still have a bandwidth cap. I remember being throttled at peak time and weekends to 0.5mb sync because I was a "heavy user", I downloaded 40gb that month. That was my queue to move ISP and I haven't had a cap since.

Nebula

What exactly does this even mean? It's been in the last 4+ releases. Given the visual quality of this game (i.e. it doesn't look any better than previous releases) this is pretty abysmal. The majority of the time we're playing we have MORE than 6 people on. This is going to literally force party splitting within my friends group which is completely unacceptable.

Also except for one person getting an Xbox One, none of us are getting either nextgen system at launch. Saying all of us have to spend $560-660 to get the same experience we have had for the last 5 years is insane.

Probably something to do with particle effects and draw distances. I've noticed that you get a drop in frame rate on Stonehaven when looking towards the castle from the burning roof area and I think it's down to the mist around the castle, and how much of the map you can see from that point.

Other maps like Tremor have the dust and smoke that occur when the map goes through a tremor.

Pls some advise I almost bought BF4 PC but got over it because of all the bugs so should I get Ghosts instead??

I have Blackops2 and I still play sometimes.

kakashi08

Who's getting this for the PC? I got BF4 and got this pre ordered also, can't wait.
I want some good online PC players to play with, most of my friends have the 360 and I'm not touching the 360, I hate playing with a controller. It's all about the PC.
So are there a neogaf PC gamers out there that are getting this and want to play together sometime. Let me know.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone who still has BLOPS 2 check how many people are in the Barebones playlist? I'm thinking of picking this up during BF but I want to make sure the Barebones isn't empty like it is in BLOPS1 and MW3.

FYC

Banned
Can someone who still has BLOPS 2 check how many people are in the Barebones playlist? I'm thinking of picking this up during BF but I want to make sure the Barebones isn't empty like it is in BLOPS1 and MW3.

Which platform?

There's about 1000 people total on Wii U :| Half the playlists are empty

Bump just to wish I wasn't so terrible at this game late at night. Especially with something like the KSG.

edit: Or I can just get a fluke really good game out of nowhere, alright.

Anybody have trouble getting this to play in a Xbox slim? I've tried 3 brand new copies and none of them will start - keeps saying disk is unreadable, yet all my other games I've tried work fine.

I can't even install it, as it craps out at 30%

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Sorry for the bump. I bought the season pass for half off the other day and started playing this again. Is there a GAF clan or emblem I can use? I've made a few of my own, but they aren't that hot.

Top Bottom