• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Gran Turismo HD Concept Thread

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
skrew said:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/319/reviews/927245_20051116_screen027.jpg[MG]
[IMG]http://ruliwebimg.empas.com/data/news7/12m/24/ps3/ruliweb_gthd_42.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

ruffles

skrew said:
927245_20051116_screen027.jpg

ruliweb_gthd_42.jpg

This speaks the volume, please stop comparing PGR to this game. Its not worthy.

Bodom78

From what I have seen, this easily has some of the best graphics I have seen in a racer, and the lighting is amazing.

Only downside is that it's GT, one of the most boring racers ever created.

:lol at people so defensive about any comparison to PGR3. I don't want to really get into it, but suffice it to say I think it's debatable what looks better in game outside of framerate, screenshots (like above especially) don't tell the story. I would hope GT5 would be a major upgrade from this in track and environment detail and I expect it will be. Don't get me wrong it's looks great though.

More importantly, game is great fun, doesn't seem like that many people are actually playing though looking at the rankings.

patsu

skrew said:

The GTHD one looks better to me, plus crowd animation and better looking background in this shot too. As someone puts it, I can't tell the difference between real cars and GTHD ones sometimes. I don't understand why people want to compare PGR* with GTHD and then get kicked in the head (The latter is also 60fps and 1080p ?).

GitarooMan said:
:lol: at people so defensive about any comparison to PGR3. I don't want to really get into it, but suffice it to say I think it's debatable what looks better in game outside of framerate, screenshots (like above especially) don't tell the story. I would hope GT5 would be a major upgrade from this in track and environment detail and I expect it will be. Don't get me wrong it's looks great though.

More importantly, game is great fun, doesn't seem like that many people are actually playing though looking at the rankings.

Huh ? I'm not a GT fan, but this round time, I'm playing too because it's free and the beautiful cars. I'm ranked 8500+ to 9000+ :lol:

p3tran

Banned
acousticvan said:

I dont know if its worthy or not, what I know is that I will put some proper INGAME pgr3 shots here and hope that people will stop talking sh!t about pgr3.

1111111118dw1.jpg

11111111oi9.jpg

90ia3az3.jpg

new31wq3.jpg

dammit, have a couple of youtube videos too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFtIygLEeLk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SReYPMD2s38

pgr3 was a launch game, its age right now is MORE than one year old, but back then it brought so much to the table (and on day 1, too), that bashing it even now seems way too unreasonable:

online career with 'trueskill' ranking system,
online continental tournaments, gotham tv,
online global/friendlist timescore tables and kudos tables, online replays, downloadable ghosts,
user-created tracks, plus all the nice city graphics and great car models and cockpit views with hdr and stuff.

also one can remember the interviews that bizarre gave right after the console launch, where they where stating that given some more time and not running for day one launch,
they could have done so much more both technically and graphically with the game on the hardware.

so,
everybody please try to keep yourself from bashing pgr3.
give that game the respect it has earned for over a year now and let it go.
by doing that you also help this thread not to derail.
thx

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Why the f*ck did you people have to turn this in to a damn GTHD vs. PGR3 thread?

Grow the hell up....

Yoboman

p3tran said:
I dont know if its worthy or not, what I know is that I will put some proper INGAME pgr3 shots here and hope that people will stop talking sh!t about pgr3.

1111111118dw1.jpg

11111111oi9.jpg

90ia3az3.jpg

new31wq3.jpg

pgr3 was a launch game, its age right now is MORE than one year old, but back then it brought so much to the table (and on day 1, too), that bashing it even now seems way too unreasonable:

online global/friendlist timescore tables and kudos tables, online replays, downloadable ghosts,
user-created tracks, plus all the nice city graphics and great car models and cockpit views with hdr and stuff.

also one can remember the interviews that bizarre gave right after the console launch, where they where stating that given some more time and not running for day one launch,
they could have done so much more both technically and graphically with the game on the hardware.

so,
You do realise this is a GTHD thread, and YOU'RE the one derailing it by bringing PGR3 into the discussion. Right?

p3tran said:

so,
thx

Really I don't get it. Why do people like you keep reacting to flamebait? Did you actually see that he only posted one sentence without any argument? Why even bother to go against it.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
gaf is approaching the point it was at 6 years ago, when you couldn't go into any thread without seeing 50 unsolicited pictures of gt3 or f355 or whatever. oh well. this thread did ok for a while.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Just took the Toyota Celica out..holy crap, this car looks good. I know, I know..the replays..but it just looks real at times. So many times I wished I had a camera (or a screenshot function with in-game web browsing..you hear me Sony?!).

I really like the jazzy music btw :p Suitably sophisticated.

drohne said:
gaf is approaching the point it was at 6 years ago, when you couldn't go into any thread without seeing 50 pictures of gt3 or f355 or whatever. oh well. this thread was doing ok for a while.
Problem is maybe half (at most) of the people in the thread actually have played it so everyone else can basically just respond to pictures and stuff which causes a chain reaction due to the predictable hyperbolic comments. Really unavoidable. There should be two separate threads for Forza 2 when it comes out, one for people playing the game and one for the inevitable Forza 2 vs. GT HD debate.

gofreak said:
Just took the Toyota Celica out..holy crap, this car looks good. I know, I know..the replays..but it just looks real at times.

I really like the jazzy music btw :p Suitably sophisticated.
Car is fun to drive too, I enjoy it more than the Ferrari, which for me takes a bit more restraint to keep it on the road.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
GitarooMan said:
Car is fun to drive to, I enjoy it more than the Ferrari, which for me takes a bit more restraint to keep it on the road.

About to try the Ferrari now..vroom vroom.

edit - heh, I see what you mean. This one will take some practise..almost took off over that first 'jump' near the start line.

Bebpo

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
You're in for a treat then. Look at my picture that I took of the Integra headlight in GTHD.

8b9800eb5d.jpg

How many more years until we can get rid of the staircase jagged shadows? GT6?

Fix the shadows, add 4x AA and PD will have created cars that can be mistaken for real life.

Zaptruder

Banned
Mefisutoferesu said:
OK, sorry for going of topic, but something is really bugging me...

Chipsordaddy only has 18 posts yet has member status on this forum

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=9163

Better yet thelurkinghorror has only 10 posts and has member status...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=13343

Is GAF glitched or did the policy change for 100 posts and such?

X months of registration will net you member status.

I hope they improve the track by as much as they've improved the cars though... those trees are really last gen... and the only reason that PGR3 can still be mentioned in the same breath as GTHD.

Bebpo

Banned

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Bud said:
bububut gt:hd iz gt4 in hirez rite

You can basically tell that every car has been completely re-skinned and good chunks remodelled. If this was just GT4 in HD, it wouldn't have the level of detail seen on the headlights and tailights. So yeah, people claiming otherwise are just stupid and blind.

Zaptruder said:
X months of registration will net you member status.
Ah thanks zap. Sorry for the trouble.

Now for something more on topic, HOLY FLIP!!! Seriously, I'm really amazed. Even the shadows look particularly clean, which is impressive seeing as they're going to be a bit of mess this gen (dancing shadows as it were). Also, there's definately a difference in polycount between GT4 and GTHD. I'm curious as to what the average polycount per car was in GT4... HD is something like 40K, right?

Brashnir

finally got around to DLing it (couldn't sign in to the network yesterday) and it looks good. I'm not sure why everyone's going so nuts over it like it's the greatest thing ever, but it does look good. I'm glad they fixed the (very distracting) issue in the TGS build where the lighting didn't change in the tunnel. It makes a big difference.

But still it's one car on one track in a fairly barren landscape. No AI and no other cars to render. It had damn well better look good.

acousticvan said:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. your pretty crazy thinking that a HD version of gt4 with a static spectators
compares to pgr3. this game is fun, but im glad it was free

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Brashnir said:
But still it's one car on one track in a fairly barren landscape. No AI and no other cars to render. It had damn well better look good.

No AI? How are we racing against that would need AI?

Flo_Evans

Bebpo said:
How many more years until we can get rid of the staircase jagged shadows? GT6?

Fix the shadows, add 4x AA and PD will have created cars that can be mistaken for real life.

I don't know what the deal is with the boxy self shadowing, but like I said every game so far this gen that has self shadowing looks like this. Maybe someone who knows better can explain it?

anyway some shots (daddy got a new digi-cam!)

menu car models are insane...

picture010fl0.jpg

evo 9 = drool

picture012dk1.jpg

celica rally = boner

picture017aa6.jpg

(can't wait for the SUBARU!!!)

picture023hf6.jpg

the elise may be my next RL car :D

Ploid 3.0

drohne said:
gaf is approaching the point it was at 6 years ago, when you couldn't go into any thread without seeing 50 unsolicited pictures of gt3 or f355 or whatever. oh well. this thread did ok for a while.

Good times lol

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
truffleshuffle83 said:
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. your pretty crazy thinking that a HD version of gt4 with a static spectators
compares to pgr3. this game is fun, but im glad it was free

Warning: Mods have had a no tolerance policy lately. And stupid shit like this will get you banned. So you either edit it out and stop you're trolling, or face a ban if a mod sees it. Your choice.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
You nailed the mentality Bud.

bullshit...play pgr3 and play this and if you can honestly say that this demo is better than pgr3 than you are crazy. holy shit a car is coming right at me i think ill wave my arms up in the air
and cheer it on....that said i have no doubt gt5 will be leaps and bounds above pgr3 or 4, but jesus get of the fanboy bullshit

yes i have both systems and yes i play them both, hate to dissapoint you

AlphaSnake said:
Warning: Mods have had a no tolerance policy lately. And stupid shit like this will get you banned. So you either edit it out and stop you're trolling, or face a ban if a mod sees it. Your choice.

its not a troll, people can come in here and bash the living shit out of a 360 game with no reprocussions but you cant defend it ? im not saying this game is bad in any way. looks very good and the car models are godly, but this is just a DEMO with one track and ONE car running on said track at a time

Brashnir

mckmas8808 said:
No AI? How are we racing against that would need AI?

Assuming "how" is supposed to be "who," nobody. That's the point I was making. Next time, try actually comprehending what the other person is saying before typing out your response.

kneejerk reactions ftl.

Zaptruder

Banned
AlphaSnake said:

I hope this thread is one big fat ban trap.

Otherwise, insecure xtards will continue to shit this thread up.

Zaptruder said:
I hope this thread is one big fat ban trap.

Otherwise, insecure xtards will continue to shit this thread up.

yes heaven forbid someone disagrees with you and would like to carry out a rational debate because they own both games.....oh and xtards, very mature.

Christopher

AlphaSnake said:

Hopefully. Blessing in disguise last time the mass banning thing happened, I look to read about GT:HD not to hear how such and such about PGR3.

teiresias

ELS-01X said:
:lol @ the backpedalling after p3tran post

Uh, what?

In any case, I've done nothing but say "WTF!!!" and "Oh my god!" the whole time I've been browsing this thread. The cars look absolutely unreal.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I for one definitely see why people should be comparing the gameplay and graphics of this limited one track demo to a final polished game... really, makes perfect sense to me...

Top Bottom