• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Anyone with a PS4 that wants to do some coop can add me, psn name is same as on GAF.

regarding the question above me,
I think it's random when quests pop up, I couldn't even join the Freiza army for a while, but after I did some missions I got the prompt.

I would think so but
I'm at level 24 right now and still nothing. maybe I need to do more main missions.

Kard8p3

I would think so but
I'm at level 24 right now and still nothing. maybe I need to do more main missions.

Now that you mention it,
I'm 25 and haven't seen any either, I think. How far are you in the main story? I'm at the last fight on Namek, I'm pretty sure lol

tuna_love

Banned
is anyone on pc getting a consistent slow down every 30 seconds or so? drops from 144 to like 0 then shoots straight back up

Aru

Does this game pool resolutions from Windows or have preset resolutions?
I'm hoping to bruteforce IQ with 4K resolution or even higher if I can.

what the fuck

I have adaptive V-Sync on

I have V-Sync on in the game

and I still get screen tears.

I have this issue with other games. It's terrible but I haven't found a solution yet.
Every V-Sync option doesn't prevent tearing.

Deadstar

Can someone tell me how to get unlimited time in offline versus battle? It really sucks to have to race against the clock and if time runs out it's a real downer.

I can't find the option anywhere. I'm really hoping it's in the game and I'm just not seeing it or else it really makes the game less fun.

idonteven

bought final kamehameha in the TP shop and doing so much dmg it glitches out and the bar only goes down once the attack is over

tuna_love

Banned
if anyone is playing on pc, do you notice that once exactly every 60 seconds the game will drop a lot of frames? playing in offline mode solves it so im wondering if this is happening to anyone else, if you could check what your gpu usage is doing every 60 seconds please

ffvorax

Just wondering..

Sayans get the Super Sayan
Namek the "big namekian"

What about earth, frieza and majin? What is their "bonus tranformation"?

Also, is the Super Sayan God transformation possible or the top is SSJ3?

Raxious

Just wondering..

Sayans get the Super Sayan
Namek the "big namekian"

What about earth, frieza and majin? What is their "bonus tranformation"?

Also, is the Super Sayan God transformation possible or the top is SSJ3?

Humans get Nimbus + Pole.
Frieza get Golden Form.
Majin get Kid Form.

Highest you can get as a saiyan character is SSJ3.

Is it me or are combos into super moves more annoying this time around? the AI seems to always recover and move before even a quick move hits them.

Lagamorph

Looking through the twitter replies to that issue with the Steam DLC (I'm also missing Goku Black and Future Trunks from my character roster, but I have the Tao Pai Pai vehicle), they're also saying that the Steam Page which previously said "Post game support for over a year" (which I noticed yesterday) has been changed to "Post game support for over 6 months" just today, and I'd attest to the accuracy of that.
I'd swear the storage page said a year yesterday, and today it does indeed say 6 months.

Cv0pxGTVMAEhEuu.jpg:large

Vic_Viper

Has anyone hit up the TP Shop yet? Wondering what Ultimate Attack to grab off it.

I didnt even look at the attacks after seeing what outfits it was selling lol. I bought the Goku Yardrat costume for a nice change to the Great Saiyaman outfit I had been wearing.

When does the store refresh, is it weekly?

Is it me or are combos into super moves more annoying this time around? the AI seems to always recover and move before even a quick move hits them.

I never played the first one so im not sure how it was handled there but form what I can tell they try to send your opponent flying at the end of a combo to avoid infinite combos. What ive found is to do the combo that bashes your opponent to the floor and immediately follow it up with a super before they get up.

Looking through the twitter replies to that issue with the Steam DLC (I'm also missing Goku Black and Future Trunks from my character roster, but I have the Tao Pai Pai vehicle), they're also saying that the Steam Page which previously said "Post game support for over a year" (which I noticed yesterday) has been changed to "Post game support for over 6 months" just today, and I'd attest to the accuracy of that.
I'd swear the storage page said a year yesterday, and today it does indeed say 6 months.

Nah, it was definitely saying "over a year" before yesterday night; it was the pillar that made me want to buy the game. People are understandably upset. They abandoned the first game fast, and I was hoping that little part of the Steam page is true. No official statement from them yet, though. The game has enough content to warrant being supported for a year, and it would also give the team more time to work on a sequel than they got with this game. The stealth Steam page edit seems to imply they're done with the game after the season pass content is complete and they do a few patches for critical issues.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have Blue Trunks and I didn't even pre-order. wat

I never played the first one so im not sure how it was handled there but form what I can tell they try to send your opponent flying at the end of a combo to avoid infinite combos. What ive found is to do the combo that bashes your opponent to the floor and immediately follow it up with a super before they get up.

Floor combos work a lot better in this version, in the first xenoverse once you smacked someone into the ground or wall they had huge invincibility frames which made most attacks whiff and not do a thing, so they improved that part thankfully.

I have Blue Trunks and I didn't even pre-order. wat

he is part of the edition which came with the season pass, is that the one you own?

Nephilim

Banned
Yeah, that bait and switch on steam pc is messed up. I immediately stopped playing so I can keep my time down just in case I need to refund. Which I will if nothing changes with that soon.

The Steam listing wasn't accurate to begin with, they never promised over a year of free updates, they said "Up to a year" so they had no idea how long they were going to. The change to "Over 6 months" likely just means they have a better idea of how long they will support it with free updates.

Jmille99

Has anyone hit up the TP Shop yet? Wondering what Ultimate Attack to grab off it.

Now that you mention it,
I'm 25 and haven't seen any either, I think. How far are you in the main story? I'm at the last fight on Namek, I'm pretty sure lol

I was halfway into the Namek saga (around level 25?) when I saw quests coming up from Namek. Just randomly popped up.

Outside of visiting all of the time-rift locations, the only other thing I could think of that might influence it is level at the Patroller Academy? Ive completed two (currently at whatever is past "Intermediate"), and I know it allows for more trainers in the world. Possibly effects the quests also?

NZerker12

Good news clothing mods from the first game work in the second game as well so if you had any modded clothes you can add them.

ffvorax

Damn I had not began the game yet... spending a lot of time creating different char to choose from... :D

It's annoying that every time I create a new one I need to confirm and begin a new game... :(

I'm loving the char creator, with a bit of fantasy you can do a lot of diversification!

idonteven

anyone decent level and wants to do expert mission the big gete star strikes back ? i am hosting one but nobody is joining

and the npc is not good enough to do it offline on my own

Got the game on PC, have some issues with it:

1) I only have Japanese VA. The option to change to English VA does not exist at all.

2) Cutscenes have this weird thing where if someone fires a ki attack of some kind the particles will linger there long after they're supposed to be gone. Looks kind of amusing, but also makes it hard to focus on anything.

3) Hit detection appears to be all kinds of fucked up. During the 1st tutorial the game refused to register all 9 hits of the basic combo no matter how much I repeated it. Ended up skipping the tutorial to try the first real mission.

Overall, pretty disappointed. Will wait a bit to see if there are any fixes, otherwise I guess it's refund time.

Rodin

I didn't get the Goku Black DLC on Steam either, and i only preordered the game for that. Will they fix this? I liked what i've played, but i'll refund and wait for a discounted price if they don't give us the character, i don't have much time to play right now.

Got the game on PC, have some issues with it:

1) I only have Japanese VA. The option to change to English VA does not exist at all.

2) Cutscenes have this weird thing where if someone fires a ki attack of some kind the particles will linger there long after they're supposed to be gone. Looks kind of amusing, but also makes it hard to focus on anything.

3) Hit detection appears to be all kinds of fucked up. During the 1st tutorial the game refused to register all 9 hits of the basic combo no matter how much I repeated it. Ended up skipping the tutorial to try the first real mission.

Overall, pretty disappointed. Will wait a bit to see if there are any fixes, otherwise I guess it's refund time.
Weird, i haven't experienced any of this. Probably unrelated, but check the cache integrity. Maybe something got fucked up.

if anyone is playing on pc, do you notice that once exactly every 60 seconds the game will drop a lot of frames? playing in offline mode solves it so im wondering if this is happening to anyone else, if you could check what your gpu usage is doing every 60 seconds please

i5 4670K
GTX 970 (372.54)
8GB RAM
Game installed on a regular HDD

Everything normal here, game is rock solid 60fps.

Nephilim

Banned
The Steam listing wasn't accurate to begin with, they never promised over a year of free updates, they said "Up to a year" so they had no idea how long they were going to. The change to "Over 6 months" likely just means they have a better idea of how long they will support it with free updates.

31477656190879e.png

other sites have it also

Revven

Can someone tell me how to get unlimited time in offline versus battle? It really sucks to have to race against the clock and if time runs out it's a real downer.

I can't find the option anywhere. I'm really hoping it's in the game and I'm just not seeing it or else it really makes the game less fun.

Unfortunately, they didn't give local multiplayer any options despite such options existing online. Your current "fix" for this is to play Training Mode, turn off health recovery, Ki recovery, Stamina recovery, and put the CPU on Very Strong or if you mean for 2 player you can put the CPU as a Player 2. Funnily enough, Training Mode has all the stages so you could also play with a friend on any stage in Training Mode as an added bonus.

It'll act like a VS match to a certain degree with those options set; just... no win or loss screen.

I'm not seeing this at all. It alternates between 59.9 and 60 fps all the time.. my gpu usage is low, though.. less than 50% if afterburner is working right. (I have "prefer meximum performance" enabled, too. )

This is just running around town and doing fights w/ instructors.. nothing heavy, though.

tuna_love

Banned
I'm not seeing this at all. It alternates between 59.9 and 60 fps all the time.. my gpu usage is low, though.. less than 50% if afterburner is working right. (I have "prefer meximum performance" enabled, too. )

This is just running around town and doing fights w/ instructors.. nothing heavy, though.
i wonder whats up with mine, i stay at 144 fps but once a minute like clock work gpu usage drops to zero and game stutters, only when online

Top Bottom