• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Thread of Scans, News and SSBB Bionic Commando XBLA/PSN

Jonnyram

Bionic Commando is 3D graphics on a 2D plane. Looks nice and it's dev'd by GRIN like the main game.

Reviews (lols at the ready):
Kawaii Koneko DS 6,6,6,6
The Sims 2 Survival 7,7,7,7
Super Lite 2500 Brickdown 8,8,7,6
Super Lite 2500 Joshi Kousei Nigeru! 6,6,6,6
Exit DS 9,8,8,8
Winning Eleven Ubiquitous PSP 9,8,8,9
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
TOCA Rade Driver 3 7,7,7,7
Smash Bros 10101010
Drift Nights Juiced PS3 7,7,7,6

Fady K

Wow, spectacular score for Smash Bros Brawl.

Jonnyram said:
Bionic Commando is 3D graphics on a 2D plane. Looks nice and it's dev'd by GRIN like the main game.

Reviews (lols at the ready):
Kawaii Koneko DS 6,6,6,6
The Sims 2 Survival 7,7,7,7
Super Lite 2500 Brickdown 8,8,7,6
Super Lite 2500 Joshi Kousei Nigeru! 6,6,6,6
Exit DS 9,8,8,8
Winning Eleven Ubiquitous PSP 9,8,8,9
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
TOCA Rade Driver 3 7,7,7,7
Smash Bros 10101010
Drift Nights Juiced PS3 7,7,7,6

Lol for what? First off, its Famitsu. Second, its not even GT5. Third, no offense but, you do the Sony-hating thing every time its so obvious now.

Jonnyram

Fady K said:
Lol for what? First off, its Famitsu. Second, its not even GT5. Third, no offense but, you do the Sony-hating thing every time its so obvious now.
Oh geez. Cry some more. It's funny they reviewed it a month late, that's all.

chris0701

Fady K said:
Wow, spectacular score for Smash Bros Brawl.

Maybe the terrible internet connection performance and feature-lacked online lower the score.

Fady K

Jonnyram said:
Oh geez. Cry some more. It's funny they reviewed it a month late, that's all.

Cry? For what? For a game review? Cmon man.

chris0701 said:
Maybe the terrible internet connection performance and feature-lacked online lower the score.

Maybe its also because the game doesn't have much to it to begin with. Its more than a demo, but its no retail release - releasing it at almost retail price makes a 31 justifiable from the looks of it.

Alaluef said:
Nice score for Exit DS. I want an English release date. :(

Probably Lightning's shoe size now.

wouldnt that be interesting, then we could compare shoe sizes, and calculate how tall the other guy is based on this comparison... seems like that amount of info would be a bit much to expect

Fady K

nelsonroyale said:
wouldnt that be interesting, then we could compare shoe sizes, and calculate how tall the other guy is based on this comparison... seems like that amount of info would be a bit much to expect

It'll make PepsimanvsJoe happy though :p

yurinka

Enk said:
Holy shit that would be f'n awesome if true! The 3d remake seems descent but it doesn't feel like Bionic Commando to me stylewise. A 2d remake along side that will make me feel alot warmer inside.
Nobody oficially confirmed in USA/EU but I can tell you the 2d (well, 2.5D I think) game for PSN / XBLA it's 100% true.
And as someone said before in this thread, also will be developed by the sweedish guys of Grin.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Please, Capcom.

8a9wbvm.png
73kft60.png

pswii60

Just out a matter of interest, what did Famitsu give Forza 2, GT4 and GT4:prologue?

Still a good score for what it essentially GT5:Lite (although quit the 'demo' crap, it's not a demo).

Also, while I'm here, is it worth me buying a Japanese PSN points card to download GT5:p? Does it have a lot of English or is everything in Japanese?

BeeDog

pswii60 said:
Just out a matter of interest, what did Famitsu give Forza 2, GT4 and GT4:prologue?

Still a good score for what it essentially GT5:Lite (although quit the 'demo' crap, it's not a demo).

Also, while I'm here, is it worth me buying a Japanese PSN points card to download GT5:p? Does it have a lot of English or is everything in Japanese?

At this point, you might as well wait for the European/US release of it. The Japanese version is manageable, but there's a lot of untranslated stuff that might piss you off. Also, they're still patching the JP version, whereas the western release will most likely have everything from the get-go.

Essery

KyanMehwulfe said:
When's the new VJump? Curious if that Suikoden rumor is going to have any truth to it.

Also, what's that Nobunaga game on the Star Ocean 2 page? New one for the PS2/Wii? Or just an upgrade pack, re-release, etc?
Isn't it Friday the 18th?

mclem

randomwab said:
OHH SHIT 2D BIONIC COMMANDO ON XLBA/PSN CONFIRMED :D

At the risk of being a big old killjoy...

Is there confirmation of *which* Bionic Commando is being remade? 'cause there's more than one. There's the NES one, which is the one everyone seems to remember with such fondness... but there's also the arcade game, which is... held in significantly less regard.

Licensing issues *may* mean that they're looking into remaking the arcade version rather than the NES one - look at Contra XBLA, for instance. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high just yet. (Of course, if there's conclusive proof that they're doing the NES version, then I take all this back)

Oneself

New Bionic Commando 2D!! It's probably the game that was started on PSP before they decided to go "high budget next gen". Well that's a good news, it might just be better than the 3D one :lol

PS: Uh nevermind, it's Bionic Commando: Master D Revival Plan, a 2.5D remake of the original. It still means that it's gonna rock.

I guess Famitsu would like something big from FFXIII, since it'd be the most important news in their 1000 release. I hope they got something big and not some, hey, 8 pages of TGS
trailer mini pics. Considering the have to deal with SE I'm starting to worry.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I guess Famitsu would like something big from FFXIII, since it'd be the most important news in their 1000 release. I hope they got something big and not some, hey, 8 pages of TGS
trailer mini pics. Considering the have to deal with SE I'm starting to worry.
Dengeki will also have big FFXIII news in the next issue, and so will EGM too (yes, an American mag). So it seems like SE is about to start hyping the game. The last time western mags got news from SE at the same time JP mags was with... The Last Remnant.

besada

Banned
Valkyrie of the Battlefield is one of my most desired games right now. I just love the idea of an SRPG where you actually get to aim and fire manually. And the original trailers for it were beautiful.

Grivenger said:
Dengeki will also have big FFXIII news in the next issue, and so will EGM too (yes, an American mag). So it seems like SE is about to start hyping the game. The last time western mags got news from SE at the same time JP mags was with... The Last Remnant.

grrr...hype rising...Still think it will just be the details on the TGS trailer though

tetsuoxb

besada said:
Valkyrie of the Battlefield is one of my most desired games right now. I just love the idea of an SRPG where you actually get to aim and fire manually. And the original trailers for it were beautiful.

Ring of Red says hello.

xcomp

I like the look of this giant Hipnoch in MHP2G. Looks like it's coming from the PC Frontier game. Might force players to stick with long range weapons for it :D

ethelred

I love how a certain group of people hears the word "FFXIII" and quick as can be, they run up to Lucy holding the football hoping for a solid kick... every single time, without fail.

Priceless stuff.

Narcosis

harSon said:
I refuse to get hyped for this FFXIII news :lol I've been let down so many times in the past...

It will be a 2 page spread announcing FFXIII will support Dualshock 3.

Believe.

The XBLA/PSN Bionic Commando looks new graphically, though design-wise it shares more in common with the NES version than the Arcade. There is also a shot of Bionic Commando NES in the scan so it's possible Capcom is looking at that version for the base of the gameplay.

Then again I'm not sure if the more adventure-game base is suitable for XBLA/PSN(though I'm hoping Capcom goes with anything but the original arcade version, which sucks).

ethelred said:
I love how a certain group of people hears the word "FFXIII" and quick as can be, they run up to Lucy holding the football hoping for a solid kick... every single time, without fail.

Priceless stuff.

really, its very surprising than some peeps are hyped for an ff game, this being an unproven series and all...

ethelred

nelsonroyale said:
really, its very surprising than some peeps are hyped for an ff game, this being an unproven series and all...

Enjoying all the new trailers Square's been releasing for it? All the prior news blowouts? Cause the next one's going to be the best yet!

Top Bottom