• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

V-Jump's turn: FFXIII & FF Versus scan

Kinan said:
duckroll, you rock!

6l3pslc.jpg

I think I have a new favorite female char in FF13 now.

She looks like a back stabber.

but anyways.

Is that a girl in the Versus Scan? o_O

Yoboman

Gold Member
nelsonroyale said:
yeah, dont know what the heck that is...a bow maybe? Heard it mentioned somewhere

also, after looking at the scans all of the summons are obviously in cg...the flames in the infrit pic especially point to this
Considering how Berial in DMC4 looks, that Ifrit is doable

duckroll

Kinan said:
duckroll, can we get top of this one rescanned? this one is too bright to see any details.

Okay, I'll tell the Japanese robots that posted it to get on it right away. :p

Seriously though, if better scans pop up, I'll post them. Not scanning these myself or the quality would be much better. Credit goes to people on 2ch.

Defuser

Wow,if so much pics of new characters plus some reports, not to mention maybe more XIII news in famitsu means maybe the game will be released in 08?

Yoboman

Gold Member
That Versus XIII flood scene is a bit reminiscent of a certain piece of footage from the Boxing Day Tsunami. I hope that doesn't cause controversy :\

Kinan

duckroll said:
Okay, I'll tell the Japanese robots that posted it to get on it right away. :p

Seriously though, if better scans pop up, I'll post them. Not scanning these myself or the quality would be much better. Credit goes to people on 2ch.

:) nvm, I see that at least one of them is the same as in scan that appeared earlier today:

72bhnc2.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looks sooo Aeris.

Yoboman

Gold Member
DMPrince said:
Do not want to believe.
Last time I saw an image from a FF game thinking it was a girl it turns out to be a him :D
Err what character was that?

They might be a bit feminine looking, but it's still always obvious who's a boy and who's a girl in FF games :]

Kyoufu

I love you duckroll, I really do.

The girl in Versus looks like the Prince's arch nemesis right? The one that appears at the end of the extended trailer (that we haven't seen) and casts some barrier around him?

soul

Kyoufu said:
I love you duckroll, I really do.

The girl in Versus looks like the Prince's arch nemesis right? The one that appears at the end of the extended trailer (that we haven't seen) and casts some barrier around him?

It has been said that it's unclear if she's ally or foe.

Lobster

Banned
duckroll said:
Yeah, lie total. Should've listened to the warning signs. :p

Didn't have my hopes up which is good. Just interested to find out.

In relation to thread:

That overworld scan is good..why can't Square hand out more of those shots...

duckroll

Lobster said:
That overworld scan is good..why can't Square hand out more of those shots...

It's expensive to specifically render CG images everytime someone complains there isn't enough FFXIII media!

I kid, I kid, FFXIII mob don't kill me!

joesmokey

Thanks for the scans, it's great to finally start seeing media for this game.

One thing for sure is that it looks like these two games will have fantastic lighting effects with all of these special effects going on. If there's a day/night cycle for something like that vista shot, that would be amazing.

Skilletor

Yoboman said:
Err what character was that?

They might be a bit feminine looking, but it's still always obvious who's a boy and who's a girl in FF games :]

Kuja :p

Man, both these games look awesome.

Jijidasu

Kyoufu said:

Some people speculate that she is infact in a relationship with The Prince, again this is all theorycrafting but it's quite interesting considering what has been said so far in interviews and the text in trailers.

Fans believe that Versus 13's story will be similar to Shakespeares 'Hamlet' in which the ending had a great tragedy (after the heroine went behind the heroes back she killed herself).

Nomura mentioned that Versus would have a great tragedy and with the Shakespeare quotes appearing randomly, who knows.

Again so no one bites my head off, Fan speculations, not mine.
:lol

Ceb

duckroll said:
More Versus:

6wooe54.jpg

Huh? That's "Mr. 33 cm" from FFXIII. I like how he has a thicker nose, a defined chin and overall looks less "smooth" and anime-ish than Square's character models usually do.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Ceb said:
Huh? That's "Mr. 33 cm" from FFXIII. I like how he has a thicker nose, a defined chin and overall looks less "smooth" and anime-ish than Square's character models usually do.
I hope he's the main character

duckroll

kay said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/55593.html

I posted this earlier but this is actual video of an in game location, not CG. It seems to fit the whole theme of what we can see in the scans and beforehand. Best you are going to get for a while but hopefully not too long. Judging from the date, they should be able to show something else but the trailer(s)!

I'm not sure how that video shows that it's not CG. I mean, you do know how CG is made right? :p

Looks awesome, especially the girl with pig-tails and the summons.

At first I had hoped this would make it out in 2008 but with everything that's coming for the PS3 this year, it's better if they pushed this to 2009.

Elios83

duckroll said:
I'm not sure how that video shows that it's not CG. I mean, you do know how CG is made right? :p

Working with CG you don't move in real time the scene with the final quality of the rendering (which negates the purpose of making an offline rendering). There's a much semplificated model used to define in real time what's going to happen in the scene, then the actual rendering is peformed offline with the final assets.That's of course as far as I know.

kay

They probably don't want to overshadow The Last Remnant, that game has a high chance of not working out, better be careful as it needs all the hype it can get.

acevans2

Whoa, awesome. This is like the most new XIII content in a single showing EVER (to me at least).

2008 for Japan sounds good to me. Means it hopefully won't be pushed beyond 2009 in USA.

duckroll

kay said:
They probably don't want to overshadow The Last Remnant, that game has a high chance of not working out, better be careful as it needs all the hype it can get.

I don't really think Square Enix gives a fuck what their C-team is doing. :p

robor

With tha japanese release date being in 08, does this mean we might see a demo this year on our shores?

Top Bottom