• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GSD European Sales February 2024 PS5#1(-2%) NSW#2(-17%) XBS#3(-47%) / Helldivers 2#1 FC 24#2 FF VII rebirth#3

How much will it cost Sony to make the PS5 Slim when they can put it on sale for $400?
Is Sony accepting losses of $50 or $100 to make these price reductions?
390 quids are equivalent to around 500 USD, but that's including VAT so around 420USD at the end.

They possibly are making money at $499 USD for the slim disc, but they would be losing around $30 with this promotion.

with the cost of living crisis, I see massive declines for Xbox coming in the next 2 years, they don’t have many games to reverse that, they need buy third party exclusives, but they can’t do that due to day one game pass, they just keeping making big mistakes, game pass, day one pc, budget Xbox 😂, Xbox series x is too expensive to compete with PlayStation,

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I doubt that they have 28M Series sold to consumers; maybe shipped. I think the most credible number we have at the moment is from Take2's Q3 report where they said what is the total next gen install base and from that, by subtracting Sony's official number, we got something like 25M (at most) Xbox consoles sold through by the end of 2023.
I think that they'll reach 40M sold (still a horrible number and a big drop from Xbox One) by the end of the gen but of course I base this on MS's own internal documents that have next gen planned for 2027/2028.
2026 is not happening and I'm frankly shocked how this date has got any traction and wanna know where it originated from.

qCwPrhU.jpg

Yeah, looks like it's probably 28 million shipped and 26 million sold to consumers. After seeing Xbox's Feb numbers in America......maybe 40 million isn't doable.

Top Bottom