• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Arrested Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amory

The only scary thing about a one-armed man trying to scare someone is the fact that he feels that his one arm is only good for trying to scare somebody.

Edit: "Gob's not onboard" is maybe my favorite line of the series. :lol

oatmeal

Banned
oatmeal said:
I think the biggest foreshadowing was in Afternoon Delight at the beginning when the crane is lifting the damaged banana stand out of the water...

It says "I'll get you Bluths! Hello"

And a season and a half later, we find that Hello did indeed get them.

Annyong?

Agreed...awesome stuff oatmeal.

oatmeal said:
I think the biggest foreshadowing was in Afternoon Delight at the beginning when the crane is lifting the damaged banana stand out of the water...

Annyong?

MY MIND=BLOWN! I've seen the series over a ton of times and not gotten that until now

artist

Banned
oatmeal said:

Annyong?
Oh shit, I need to rewatch that episode now.

One question: why didnt they show all the scenes they used for the preview of the upcoming episode?

XCell9200 said:
The only scary thing about a one-armed man trying to scare someone is the fact that he feels that his one arm is only good for trying to scare somebody.
more like...

Michael: The...only...thing....scary about...a...one armed man...trying to scare...someone
Buster: isthefactthathefeelslikethathisonearmisonlygoodfortryingtoscaresomebody
Micheal: It's upside down.

mj1108

Tntnnbltn said:
Watch it again and again and again and again and again and again. Seriously.

Fixed.

Greatest show of all time. I would preach the awesome that is AD, but I think it speaks for itself.

AD = The show that keeps on giving with every viewing.

irfan said:
Oh shit, I need to rewatch that episode now.

One question: why didnt they show all the scenes they used for the preview of the upcoming episode?
Because there are no actual scenes made for it? I think it's just a way of the writers to add a little bit of extra info/story or jokes into the series without devoting long scenes to it. They're always an extension of a joke/scene in the episode itself anyway.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Prison Break-In was probably the weakest episode, but even that one had some hilarious stuff.

oatmeal

Banned
BorkBork said:
Prison Break-In was probably the weakest episode, but even that one had some hilarious stuff.

I can't spare the moisture.

:lol

I found that to be the dirtiest episode by far.

mj1108

BorkBork said:

Even the weakest AD episode was loads better than most anything else on TV.

Downhome

StormyTheRabbit said:
Enjoy. Get ready for the movie.

Feel free to check this thread in minutes to see hundreds of GIFs showing how awesome the show is.

Fellas? Get on that please.

It doesn't matter, but the vast majority of AD GIFs I see posted online, I made. When the show was on and the DVDs were first released, I made no telling how many of them, and they spread like wildfire. I still have most of them saved to my computer. Any requests? :D

gobtoss.gif

40264960cf61e4371ac8f224c87f75f3e95cd42.gif

tobiasbuster.gif

molefly.gif

georgesrsadwalk.gif

adsadwalks.gif

gmsadwalk.gif

gobsadwalkfade.gif

tobiassadwalk.gif

gobmoonwalk.gif

gobperforms.gif

gobscarfsplit.gif

gobblowscarf.gif

notelesson.gif

mrstobiaspoppins.gif

busterchicagowars.gif

maebykissgjr.gif

gmjrjew.gif

maebygjrrice.gif

adthreescaredfaces.gif

adronmovie.gif

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Downhome said:
It doesn't matter, but the vast majority of AD GIFs I see posted online, I made. When the show was on and the DVDs were first released, I made no telling how many of them, and they spread like wildfire. I still have most of them saved to my computer. Any requests? :D

gobtoss.gif
Has anyone ever tried watching that part with actual 3D glasses?

Would be so awesome if it worked :lol

Oozer3993

oatmeal said:

Annyong?

Some one in one of the other AD threads said the writers were planning on revealing that Tobias was part black. There's a line in the pilot foreshadowing it. In the first episode of the 2nd season there's mention of a seal attack. That's 9 episodes before the seal bites Buster's hand off. THEY THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING.

afternoon delight said:

Look at it this way: now he'll be allowed in the country club.

Ford Prefect said:
Has anyone ever tried watching that part with actual 3D glasses?

Would be so awesome if it worked :lol

I just tried with my Up 3D glasses. It did not work that well. It was still blurry.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
keeblerdrow said:
I just tried with my Up 3D glasses. It did not work that well. It was still blurry.

UP used a newer kind of 3d glasses, which shows alternating frames to each eye giving a 3D appearance; AD would have used the old red/blue style glasses, so you'd have to find those.

Tntnnbltn said:
Watch it again. Seriously.
This. On my fourth watch through of some episodes, I STILL find hilarious jokes that are so subtle that I just didn't catch them. That show is by far the greatest sitcom to date. I hope the movie will be the same way.

cashman

Banned
Just got done with the series. Sooooo goood.

Gene Parmesan and sally sitwell need to be there for the movie.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Sort of related, but I was watching Left 4 Dead 2 footage and one of the random voice quotes from the characters is "Yeah, get blood on the guy in the $3000 dollar suit. Come on!".

I lol'd, then went into a brief coma due to the awesomeness.

Spire said:
Sort of related, but I was watching Left 4 Dead 2 footage and one of the random voice quotes from the characters is "Yeah, get blood on the guy in the $3000 dollar suit. Come on!".

I lol'd, then went into a brief coma due to the awesomeness.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Jasoco

Banned
God dammit.

Now I have to watch it all again. Again!

Probably tomorrow. Or Tuesday. Or Wednesday.

And so many GIF's! I can't possibly save them all!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Arrested Development is also amazing because Hollywood loves the damn thing, watch any cast members in any movies or shows theyre in and its usually some sort of homage, like when the dad showed up in The Hangover and he starts giving advice :lol

Raxus

While nothing will ever reach AD's level I am particularly fond of Better Off Ted and 30 Rock now.

The rurrr jurrr

Arcipello

I seem to remember watching some crappy horror film about ware wolfs and for some unknown reason there were 3 AD actors in it.... Lindsay... the receptionist..and Bob lawblaw i was freaking out!

Tntnnbltn said:
Watch it again. Seriously.
This was the first and last post needed to address your question.
Im still finding more subtler jokes in almost every episode on my third play-through.
Wait a week and start again on Season 1!

EDIT: Just saw the sleeping dog on top of the house, never caught that. SEE? Go! Watch again!

OnPoint

Foreshadowing: "I never thought I'd miss a hand that much."

That was the one I first noticed on my second watch and it blew my mind.

Raxus

Man I did miss alot the first go around.

This is George Michael's cousin Maebe.
They can't arrest a husband and wife for the same crime.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
OnPoint said:
Foreshadowing: "I never thought I'd miss a hand that much."

That was the one I first noticed on my second watch and it blew my mind.

There is a literal ton of foreshadowing to that in season two. Hooks, hands, and seals abound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom