• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Ross is hosting the Amsterdam 3DS event on Wednesday (UK/EU GAF)

richisawesome said:
However, especially with Jonathan Ross now confirmed, it's going to obviously be very accessible for people to watch at home over the internet. They wouldn't have asked him otherwise.

Celebrities present corporate events all the time.

I guess this confirms that nobody at NoE has any stage presence to speak of whatsoever and the don't plan on changing it anytime soon. I also suppose this will prevent the stage being stormed by people angry re:region locking as its "don't shoot the messenger".

About a page late but still...
DieH@rd said:
Region locked YT video, damn.
Guess who the uploader of the video is:
NintendoWiiUK
For crying out loud Nintendo, what region locking isn't enough for you?

Luigiv

Vinterbird said:
Cool the jets.

There will be unannounced games yes. But asking for Metroid might be going to the extreme.
Indeed. Other M only finished production about 7 or 8 months ago and chances are Sakamoto has been using that time to work on Warioware 3DS. I wouldn't expect another Metroid for a while.

GCX

Luigiv said:
Indeed. Other M only finished production about 7 or 8 months ago and chances are Sakamoto has been using that time to work on Warioware 3DS. I wouldn't expect another Metroid for a while.
I wouldn't expect new Metroid for a while based on Other M's sales.

Ashes

Banned
richisawesome said:
Old photo. She's slimmer now:

BAFTA+Television+Awards+2009+Inside+arrivals+UcUOQYWTh6ul.jpg

jane-goldman.jpg
sharp knees....

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Remember when he accidentally revealed Fable 3 months in advance by Tweeting that was doing voice work "for a new Fable game"?

He's either stumbling into another accidental reveal here, or he's learned his lesson and is cautiously referring to Kid Icarus (which fits his "revival of an old series" description perfectly).

Dascu

Vinterbird said:
Cool the jets.

There will be unannounced games yes. But asking for Metroid might be going to the extreme.
Do you know of anything in particular? Anything we should be excited about?

Dascu said:
Do you know of anything in particular? Anything we should be excited about?

I know very little. Some small specific stuff (honestly, nothing major like a new Kirby or a new Luigis Mansion), and have been told that there will be some cool stuff shown.

[Nintex]

Good job Darren you made the news headlines again.

Just a reminder guys, Metroid Prime Hunters 2 from NST would be a Metroid game as well.

Luigiv

[Nintex] said:

Just a reminder guys, Metroid Prime Hunters 2 from NST would be a Metroid game as well.
No it'd be a Quake game
I was just thinking that too, but couldn't be bothered adding it to my argument.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
[Nintex] said:

Hunters was a shitty Metroid but I would be lying if I said I didnt enjoy the shit out of the multiplayer.

I'd be down for another round.

Kuran

Banned
I really don't expect anything new, they are just saying that because the japanese launch hasn't been officially revealed yet by NOE/NOA.

I hope I'm wrong...

I think they will showcase internet-play between the two events, is that likely? Or do the different timezones make that impossible?

OMG Aero

If Metroid wasn't announced at the Japanese event I would highly doubt it will be announced at the Europe event.
The unexpected revival is probably just Kid Icarus/Ocarina of Time.

Rich!

Kuran said:
I think they will showcase internet-play between the two events, is that likely? Or do the different timezones make that impossible?

That's not a bad idea, actually. Both events are on at exactly the same time. 10AM in USA, 3PM over here. It'd work, and it'd be a great way to show off what we're hoping is a much better online service from Nintendo.

Kuran said:
I really don't expect anything new, they are just saying that because the japanese launch hasn't been officially revealed yet by NOE/NOA.

I hope I'm wrong...

There will be new games announced.

Doing an online match is possible, the event is structured so it is taking place simultaneously

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Title should say "Nintendo Three Dee Eff".

Like the chap. Only thing I hold against him is that he is a friend with Russell Brand.

Rich!

BGBW said:
Title should say "Nintendo Three Dee Eff".

Like the chap. Only thing I hold against him is that he is a friend with Russell Brand.

Yeah, but on the other hand he's a friend of Jeremy Clarkson and Stephen Fry. So hmm.

KAL2006

Banned
Been watching Friday Night With Jonathan Ross for years, had no idea dude was into videogames. Anyway, I have a feeling they will reveal everthing in this event, online network, user interface, DS Store and most important the 3DS price.

KAL2006 said:
Been watching Friday Night With Jonathan Ross for years, had no idea dude was into videogames. Anyway, I have a feeling they will reveal everthing in this event, online network, user interface, DS Store and most important the 3DS price.

Let's confirm this for the last time. The upcoming NYC/Amsterdam event will touch upon anything you would want to know. Price, date, launch line-up, games, new games, DsiWare, Virtual Console, hands-on with launch games and so on.

There will not be a stone left unturned in terms of the 3DS.

richisawesome said:
Jonathan Ross is the very definition of a geek. As obsessed with film, manga and anime as you could get - has hosted a show, Japanorama, detailing the weird culture of Japan (which he loves), and has two rooms in his house dedicated to his comic book and model collection.

Dude's perfect.

Seriously. He always said he wanted to do a show or a one-off when he was at the BBC, on anime. I'd love to see him to one, or a series, on games and/or anime.
Get Channel 4 to do another Japan season and get him hosting it. Like Japanorama but better.

Wizpig

Vinterbird said:
Let's confirm this for the last time. The upcoming NYC/Amsterdam event will touch upon anything you would want to know. Price, date, launch line-up, games, new games, DsiWare, Virtual Console, hands-on with launch games and so on.

There will not be a stone left unturned in terms of the 3DS.
But i want to know about online and region-lock.

Online stuff, mostly.
Like friend codes or not.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tempy said:
He's obviously talking about Metroid gameboy on the Virtual Console!

Pfft. He's clearly talking about the long awaited Metroid II remake, with deep 3D rendered backgrounds showing the depths of SR388.

Wizpig said:
But i want to know about online and region-lock.

Online stuff, mostly.
Like friend codes or not.

Let's imagine Nintendo is holding an event this wednesday that focuses on all the unanswered 3DS questions (region locking not being one of them, it will be locked). It will be exactly similar to the Wii event they held years ago, where they went through the OS and did all of the US/EU specific announcements.

Rich!

If there is live online play between NYC and Amsterdam, does that mean Reggie VS Wossy on Street Fighter?

If so then lolawesome.

The_Technomancer said:
Blocked! Is this what it feels like to be European? T_T

Ugh, so hyped. Come on, gimme pricing!

LdfbB.jpg

Incase you didnt see it before. heh

EVH

Vinterbird said:
Let's imagine Nintendo is holding an event this wednesday that focuses on all the unanswered 3DS questions (region locking not being one of them, it will be locked). It will be exactly similar to the Wii event they held years ago, where they went through the OS and did all of the US/EU specific announcements.

God that's all I wanted to know. Thanks a lot.

The hype train starts again for me, as I'm really interested in the OS.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
EatChildren said:
Pfft. He's clearly talking about the long awaited Metroid II remake, with deep 3D rendered backgrounds showing the depths of SR388.

I'm not one to like remakes, but this would be interesting... Provided the game is still challenging, with scary ambient sounds and terrifying sound effects (like when you get hit). I don't want some kind of piss-easy game with hand-holding everywhere, a cringe-worthy storyline and enemies that pose no threat at all.

Azure J

Startropics revival or bust, that shit would be perfect for a 3D revival. Also, Metroid up in this bitch? Niiice. :)

I would gladly take a MPH2 from NTS.
GLADLY.

AzureJericho said:
Startropics revival or bust, that shit would be perfect for a 3D revival. Also, Metroid up in this bitch? Niiice. :)

Or this.
So this. Startropics needs a revival. With a real time battle system, ala Tales/Star Ocean.

Rich!

Metroid Prime Hunters 2 would actually be really good on the 3DS. A Metroid Prime Gamecube control setup would work perfectly (remember, MP only used one analogue for movement on the Gamecube). The graphics would likely be great too.

Just need to get that gameplay sorted out.

XPE

AceBandage said:
I would gladly take a MPH2 from NTS.
GLADLY.

Now that you bring it up I don’t think there is an fps announced for the 3DS.

Strange considering the DS came with a demo of one

Top Bottom