• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cougar Town S03 |OT| - Bad title. Good comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaron

Holy fuck at the ending. And the Tom Cruise run? TEARS. Gifs needed asap.

Ausiello just tweeted this:

"@MichaelAusiello: COUGAR TOWN was the highest-rated show on ABC last night among adults 18-49. #sixseasonsandamovieandadisneythemeparkride"

Hopefully it lands some favour in a renewal.

rezuth

Holy fuck at the ending. And the Tom Cruise run? TEARS. Gifs needed asap.

Ausiello just tweeted this:

"@MichaelAusiello: COUGAR TOWN was the highest-rated show on ABC last night among adults 18-49. #sixseasonsandamovieandadisneythemeparkride"

Hopefully it lands some favour in a renewal.

Great to hear, this episode was among the best so far, easily the best of the season ;)

big ander

holy shit what a good episode. So much going on. spoofed Tom Cruise action movies, the under-seen caper Gambit, Scrubs, The Little Mermaid, and more. All while having a charming story and hilarious jokes.

Wow, so I just watched seasons 2 & 3 on hulu. I'm really impressed. The writing is solid, witty and heartfelt. The characters are interesting and they all somehow manage to shine in the span of each 21 minute episode. This show couldn't be executed any better for what it is. I can't understand why it's failing... Besides the name.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Today's episode was solid. Grayson having a kid is pretty crazy and you can sort of tell they had to rush that storyline in with the constrained schedule and shorter episode order. But, regardless, the overall episode was funny.

They've been hinting at Travis and Laurie having a romantic future, and I still think it's ballsy of the writers to go at it. In fact, I really want them to do it especially since Trav will be 21 very soon in the show.

And damn Sarah Chalke only gets hotter with age. I hope she stays around.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Why is this only two pages?

Just got back from Dubai a few days ago and caught up with last week's show. Such a heartwarming and hilarious episode. It was consistently funny throughout. And the tag. Oh, the tag.

Going to watch this week's ep as soon as I can.

CoolS

Why is this only two pages?

Just got back from Dubai a few days ago and caught up with last week's show. Such a heartwarming and hilarious episode. It was consistently funny throughout. And the tag. Oh, the tag.

Going to watch this week's ep as soon as I can.

It's just the most overlooked show on TV right now. :(

This weeks episode was great and I'm still surprised how the writer have the guts to do characters that actually are somewhat mature when it comes to important things.

Oh and that song in the end was amazing!

"That shot looks fake!" *sing*

anaron

Not sure how to feel about the baby. One one hand, the show handled it incredibly well all things considered AND it was often hilarious. But on the other hand...baby.

Adding to things I'm uneasy about - I've never really liked Travis and Laurie as a possibility, so anytime the show decides to throw that outcome a bone, I get kinda skeeved out. Let them be buds. :/

Best part of the episode:

CxY2G.gif
qyH2d.gif

QstqG.gif
QJS8F.gif

big ander

Great episode, from JB playing Simon Says to Zubaz to Trav's gross photos and punching sharks. Love you, cougar town. And I'm worried you'll be gone soon :/
This is the awesome song that played at the end. Bibio - Lovers' Carvings

Yep, I think the only thing I didn't like was Bobby's story with Sarah Chalke. It felt forced somehow, probably since she was only a guest star.
I do agree with this, but I was content because they got some really funny lines out of her. And I love that those lines weren't Elliot-ish. She was a way different character.

big ander

Awesome awesome awesome episode tonight. The Ellie stuff wasn't actually as great as critics had me thinking it would be, but it was still very good. The Laurie/Grayson was fantastic. Mostly because of how funny it was.

AlphaSnake

This show doesn't give up.

I love Jule's dad. :)

How are the ratings for the show so far?

How are the ratings for the show so far?

Sadly, not that great currently. But since it's in its third season it may have a bit more of chance for renewal due to syndication rights. (Though it still wouldn't quite make the magic number of "required" episodes.)

I hope ABC does give it another shot with a proper time slot and some real promotion. Putting it after Last Man Standing after delaying the premier for so long was a horrible decision IMO.

CoolS

Great episode once again if you as me.

I loved how Tiom was doing errands for Laurey even though he's a doctor. I was sitting there and thinking "why the hell does he have time for that". Then the writers apparently could read my mind and brought that up.

Oh and Stan killed me this episode. first the Bobby crotch punch and then "mommy looks weird without ehr makeup on". And the scene where Ellie hatched her plan to scare her little son with the mask. Oh god this show ^^

I don't know how anyone can watch Courteney Cox any more, or that woman from Scrubs. Their excessive plastic surgery makes them look like they've just been hit with purple Joker gas or something.

Their actual faces with a few more wrinkles would look about a million times better.

Famassu

I had already prepared myself for the eventual cancellation (plenty of wine, rum and some strong home-made brew..). So happy to be wrong!

G0523

Shocked by this announcement even though it was rumored a couple of days ago but really happy that it's been confirmed!

The show is literally like a Moving Target Penny Can!
tumblr_lfv8rhjopi1qf8hu6.gif

AlphaSnake

FUCK.

YES!!!!

That is awesome news. First TBS saves Conan, now Cougar Town. Community is next? Who knows, but I think we've found a sitcom savior. :)

ElRenoRaven

Just saw the news. All I have to say is thank you TBS for saving shows I love. First it was Conan and now the greatest comedy show on tv currently. ABC really has treated Bill and the entire show like shit. Hopefully TBS treats them right.

ElRenoRaven

Oh this is even better then we thought. Was catching up on tweets and saw this one from Bill.

Yes it's 2 seasons (their option)...

Sounds like TBS really believes in the show and him, the wife, and Courtney Cox are all extremely excited by this deal.

rezuth

Just wanted to say that the two latest episodes were great as usual :) I hope more people will watch this show and that it really finds its own at TBS.

As0iMtZCAAIUZkt.jpg

AlphaSnake

They were great episodes. A lot of the dialogue was alluding to an eventual cancelation of the series, with the whole discussion of a new group replacing the Cul De Sac crew. LOL I loved that

big ander

Two great ones last night. Especially the second one.

Bad news, though: when CT moves to TBS, Lawrence and Biegel won't officially be showrunners. From what they've said, it seems like they're finding a person to do it because the creator pair might have other "shizz" going on. whether they do or not, they'll be on the show as "consultants." So, basically, shit sucks and now I'm worried the show will go to shit.

AlphaSnake

Two great ones last night. Especially the second one.

Bad news, though: when CT moves to TBS, Lawrence and Biegel won't officially be showrunners. From what they've said, it seems like they're finding a person to do it because the creator pair might have other "shizz" going on. whether they do or not, they'll be on the show as "consultants." So, basically, shit sucks and now I'm worried the show will go to shit.

I doubt it. At this point, it's the writers who have been doing a great job with the show. I'm confident in them.

iammeiam

Really enjoyed the two most recent episodes; the Cougarton Abbey title card on the first was amusing. I did have to check online--the Fakesgiving episode felt like it could have been a decent season/series finale, but we still get two more.

G0523

Great season finale. You can definitely tell that they set it up as a series finale though. Fortunately that won't happen! :D

Going to Heaven was so good! Travis naked? Ehh not so much...at least he didn't "hilariously" fall down on the cake.

Anyone else watched this?

aparisi2274

Great season finale. You can definitely tell that they set it up as a series finale though. Fortunately that won't happen! :D

Going to Heaven was so good! Travis naked? Ehh not so much...at least he didn't "hilariously" fall down on the cake.

Anyone else watched this?

I thought it was a great finale! I just wish Travis and Laurie would hook up already.

Also, loved seeing Bill Lawrence cameo as the cop on the beach.

big ander

Loved both parts of the finale, but the Biegel-scripted first half may have been the best episode of the show. Hilarious, touching, unique, and meta.

anaron

Loved both parts of the finale, but the Biegel-scripted first half may have been the best episode of the show. Hilarious, touching, unique, and meta.

I fucking adore Nicole Sullivan's therapist role as well. I hope she sticks around until whenever the show actually ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom