• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Custom Firmware Thread

Fantastical

Death Prophet
linkboy said:
The PS3 is used as a middle man (for lack of a better term) to sync the DS3 up to the PSP.

Its similar to how you have to hook a DS3 up to a PS3 to sync it up the first time.
Do you only have to use it one time? Can I use a buddy's PS3 or do you have to do it with every game (that's what I'm guessing). I think KH would be so much better with a DS3.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Fantastical said:
Do you only have to use it one time? Can I use a buddy's PS3 or do you have to do it with every game (that's what I'm guessing). I think KH would be so much better with a DS3.
Just once, but I imagine you might randomly have to do it if you havnt used the controller in a long time just like the ps3.

B.K. said:
It doesn't load them directly. You still have to use the Prometheus Loader.

Again, fine by me. I don't mind having to go through the process each time - and can't I just pause the game anyway on the Go?

I'm just glad I can play my UMD games now on the Go.

Carlisle

Corran Horn said:
Just once, but I imagine you might randomly have to do it if you havnt used the controller in a long time just like the ps3.
The only time I've ever had to redo my DS3-Go pairing is when I undo it so I can play with the controller on PS3. Even when the controller dies, after a quick recharge it's still paired to my Go.

HOLY FUCK IT WORKS.

Playing Persona 3 on my Go now :lol

canova said:
so it's just a temporary firmware, I want a perm one

To be honest, I actually prefer it to be a very capable temp firmware. There is no pandora battery to save you on Go, so any bricks will be terrible.

RdN

So, guys.. I have a Slim with 5.00 M33-6.. I want to update it to play some new games.. What's the best course of action here?

Canova

Banned
I NEED SCISSORS said:
HOLY FUCK IT WORKS.

To be honest, I actually prefer it to be a very capable temp firmware. There is no pandora battery to save you on Go, so any bricks will be terrible.

I see.

I have PSP-3000. I can't wait for CFW 6.35

Canova

Banned
B.K. said:
There's never going to be a custom firmware for 6.35.

why not?

please explain, I'm new to the PSP

if someone can break into PS3, and even stole some sort of PSP key, there must be a way to break PSP 6.35

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I NEED SCISSORS said:
HOLY FUCK IT WORKS.

You could've done that before. It's called "buying it from the PSN store. ;)"

I want to see photos of Lumines running on the Go.

kadotsu

Banned
canova said:
why not?

please explain, I'm new to the PSP

If everything works out, hombrew devs should be able to sign their eboots with Sony official private keys. You should also be able to sign your UMD Rips that way, which would make CFW obsolete and pointless.

TheSeks said:
You could've done that before. It's called "buying it from the PSN store. ;)"

But then I would need to buy all my games twice...

EDIT: The pause game function unfortunately does not work with the Prometheus ISO loader - PSP crashes and shuts down. I had to re-apply the HEN, but it literally takes under a minute. No big deal.

B.K.

TheSeks said:
Y

jiy6W.jpg

tcfhc.jpg

Chris R

If this means updated POPS on my CFW PSP 1000 I will cry tears of joy (hell I might even buy a Go if there is no difference between the PSP 1000 and Go after both get latest CFW due to the new key stuff).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Very nice. Now get that signed officially, with a CWCheat official app, and I may drop GEN and go back to OFW on my 1000 since all my troubles would be over.

Hell, I'd buy a PSPGo as well.

Been keeping tabs on this fail0verflow situation. Kinda feel incredibly stupid that I gave up my Spirited Green PSP 3001 for a PSP 2001 just to have CFW when this happens mere months later. Guess I'll be trying to hunt one down again...

entremet

Scissors, does this exploit still allow to buy games off the PSN store? I have a good number of PSN titles, so I'm not sure if this would affect any future access to the PSN store?

I just want to rip my copy of KH:BBS, because I can't stand playing on PSP1/2/3k hardware anymore.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
entrement said:
Scissors, does this exploit still allow to buy games off the PSN store? I have a good number of PSN titles, so I'm not sure if this would affect any future access to the PSN store?

I just want to rip my copy of KH:BBS, because I can't stand playing on PSP1/2/3k hardware anymore.
I can transfer my psp mini and ps1 games from PSN (from ps3). I imagine psp games would be the same.

entrement said:

You won't be able to access the Store, simply because you need to have the most up-to-date firmware to do that (6.36?). I believe this exploit only works up to 6.35. If you have a PS3 then you should be able to download them there - they will still copy over fine. Not sure about Media Go, I think you need up-to-date firmware there too.

But give it time, there may be a way.

entremet

I NEED SCISSORS said:
You won't be able to access the Store, simply because you need to have the most up-to-date firmware to do that (6.36?). I believe this exploit only works up to 6.35. If you have a PS3 then you should be able to download them there - they will still copy over fine. Not sure about Media Go, I think you need up-to-date firmware there too.

But give it time, there may be a way.
Yeah, I use Media Go. But I guess since the keys are out, Sony is pretty much fucked with the cat and mouse game.

B.K.

BladeoftheImmortal said:
So guys, White or Black PSP Go?

Black. The white would be fine if it was just a pure white, like the white 2000 models, but it's got sparkles in it that are really annoying.

entremet

BladeoftheImmortal said:
Darn, I actually wanted white, haha. I've had a black PSP every time.

Oh well, guess I'll stay with Black then.
Do what you want, dude.

I just prefer black because it hides imperfections better. I have some white electronics--when everyone was aping Apple iPods, and they've aged terribly even with decent upkeep.

entrement said:
Do what you want, dude.

I just prefer black because it hides imperfections better. I have some white electronics--when everyone was aping Apple iPods, and they've aged terribly even with decent upkeep.

That is true, but my white DS Lite has survived rather well(I do use it a lot less than my PSP, though). Although the matte L and R buttons are brownish now.

Hey guys. So PSP-3001 here, running 6.20. Is there any way to enable homebrew on it?

Also, my friend says he has a pandora battery for his PSP-1000, would that work on mine?

Goon Boon

Banned
BladeoftheImmortal said:
That is true, but my white DS Lite has survived rather well(I do use it a lot less than my PSP, though). Although the matte L and R buttons are brownish now.
Well thats a consequence of playing dragon quest 9 on the toilet :/

Top Bottom