• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Spelunky 2 out:

Flight Simulator Japan update:

Killing Floor 2 Fall Update:

Phantasy Star Online 2 - Episode 5:

Fbh

Stupid question but how can I buy only Halo 3?.

When I search it on steam it's marked as a DLC with a notice saying "you need the master chief collection to play this".

GametimeUK

Stupid question but how can I buy only Halo 3?.

When I search it on steam it's marked as a DLC with a notice saying "you need the master chief collection to play this".

I believe MCC acts like the launcher for all the games and is essentially just a menu. The individual games can be installed separately.

When you buy Halo 3 it will unlock MCC as a base launcher if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fbh
What are you all playing? I’ve been getting into FFXV and while the battles are messy, I like the casual vibe. Too bad the PC port seems poor as I’ve had to spend some time tweaking to get the game (mostly) stutter free.

Sorry, just my futile quarterly attempt at keeping this thread alive.

T-Cake

What are you all playing? I’ve been getting into FFXV and while the battles are messy, I like the casual vibe. Too bad the PC port seems poor as I’ve had to spend some time tweaking to get the game (mostly) stutter free.

This seems to be the problem with PC gaming as a whole for me. The quality of ports seems to be on shaky ground again. Even though Steam is my first love, I'm playing on the Xbox morning, noon and night these days. I only fire my PC up to play the Truck Simulator games. I wish it was the other way round, I really do.

Mista

Banned

Hades and just bought Yaga. I am a sucker when it comes to this kind of games

Is Immortals Fenyx Rising ever coming to Steam? I want to check it out based on positive word of mouth but I ain't about to buy it anywhere else.
There are no signs that it is coming to Steam. Ubisoft is the only publisher that has made their games permanently exclusive to EGS (and Ubisoft Connect).

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I see that GTAV is on sale on Steam. I used to have it on ps3 back in the day but sold it many years ago and I’m considering replaying it.

However, I see that it requires the rockstar social club and rockstar launcher. Will I have to merely have the launcher installed and then can launch the game from Steam like normal, or do I have to launch the game on Steam and then launch it in the rockstar launcher?

Basically, is the process convoluted or no big deal?

JimboJones

I see that GTAV is on sale on Steam. I used to have it on ps3 back in the day but sold it many years ago and I’m considering replaying it.

However, I see that it requires the rockstar social club and rockstar launcher. Will I have to merely have the launcher installed and then can launch the game from Steam like normal, or do I have to launch the game on Steam and then launch it in the rockstar launcher?

Basically, is the process convoluted or no big deal?
It's kind of a pain if you ever revisit rockstar games and need to find your password and go through a bunch of captcha shite 🙄, but when it's logged in it's fine.

Orta

Banned
I have a non-gaming question related to Steam. I gave a family member my user & pass to play my stuff on his PC (he lives a few miles from me). He done so today for the first time and whilst I was using my PC (with steam open in the background) a game, Little Nightmares started up. He was playing it, unbeknownst to me at the time, I thought my PC had gone cuckoo so I closed it. He messaged me and told me he was playing the game but it was closing and reverting to the desktop (I was closing it from my end). Anyway, long story short he told me he could see my desktop from his end. I had my google homepage open and I saw him typing Little Nightmares into the search box.

WTF is all that about? If he and I are both logged into my Steam account can he snoop on me? He was remote playing btw, he didn't have Little Nightmares installed on his PC so I guess he had access to my game data (and seemingly some form of control over my browser), I told him not to remote play anymore and install the game files on his computer.

As I said, wtf happened?

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I have a non-gaming question related to Steam. I gave a family member my user & pass to play my stuff on his PC (he lives a few miles from me). He done so today for the first time and whilst I was using my PC (with steam open in the background) a game, Little Nightmares started up. He was playing it, unbeknownst to me at the time, I thought my PC had gone cuckoo so I closed it. He messaged me and told me he was playing the game but it was closing and reverting to the desktop (I was closing it from my end). Anyway, long story short he told me he could see my desktop from his end. I had my google homepage open and I saw him typing Little Nightmares into the search box.

WTF is all that about? If he and I are both logged into my Steam account can he snoop on me? He was remote playing btw, he didn't have Little Nightmares installed on his PC so I guess he had access to my game data (and seemingly some form of control over my browser), I told him not to remote play anymore and install the game files on his computer.

As I said, wtf happened?
afaik this is supposed to be used by the owner of the account to stream his games over to mobile devices or other devices that might not be able to run titles from your library, not as a game sharing feature (i suppose there might be an option in the settings that allow you to disable it) (EDIT: there is a box you can uncheck to disable remote play).

Either way, if you just want to let him play your games, why not just use family sharing?

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
afaik this is supposed to be used by the owner of the account to stream his games over to mobile devices or other devices that might not be able to run titles from your library, not as a game sharing feature (i suppose there might be an option in the settings that allow you to disable it) (EDIT: there is a box you can uncheck to disable remote play).

Either way, if you just want to let him play your games, why not just use family sharing?

Cheers, I didn't know any of that, will check it out.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

As I said, wtf happened?

I'd check your computer for remote access programs. He can access your library without having full remote access to your system.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Checking for third party programs now but windows remote access & assistance were both turned on :messenger_hushed:
Could be that then.

If you enable family sharing, as Guilty_AI mentioned, he can play the games in your library on his own system. There is a way for him to still use your PC if his is unable to play the games. This second method would still give him access to your PC, as I believe he can minimize / switch programs on the fly.

Orta

Banned
Could be that then.

If you enable family sharing, as Guilty_AI mentioned, he can play the games in your library on his own system. There is a way for him to still use your PC if his is unable to play the games. This second method would still give him access to your PC, as I believe he can minimize / switch programs on the fly.

I think I'll just tell him to fuck off and buy his own games.

Celcius

°Temp. member
As far as buying keys from 3rd party sites I've used humble bundle plenty of times, but is this site legit?

Mhmmm 2077

As far as buying keys from 3rd party sites I've used humble bundle plenty of times, but is this site legit?

Yeah it is legit, if you use websites like gg.deals, you can see official stores and keyshops separated - https://gg.deals/game/persona-5-strikers/

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Was there some update or something?
Now my downloads "verify" after downloading and it can take as long as downloading...

Celcius

°Temp. member
If you sign up for 2FA but say your phone gets stolen and you no longer have it and buy a new phone... would Valve be able to help you get access to your account back?

T-Cake

If you sign up for 2FA but say your phone gets stolen and you no longer have it and buy a new phone... would Valve be able to help you get access to your account back?

Make sure you write down your R number! This will help you get back in and then you can sort SteamGuard out.

Mhmmm 2077

Not sure if that's still the case, but back then it would help if you had any pc game box with a steam key on it, that you activated on your account (maybe non-boxed keys can be helpful too), as they wanted a photo of such.

GreatnessRD

Anyone here use a controller and Big Picture mode? I reinstalled a clean version of Windows11 and now my controller won't auto turn off when exiting BPM. Neither does the shortcut work by pressing the PS button and triangle. Was working perfectly before I cleaned installed Win11 again. Tried to reset the playstation adapter and re-sync the controller. Everything works find aside from it not powering off the controller when I exit BPM. Any ideas? It's really blowing me, lol.

Anyone here use a controller and Big Picture mode? I reinstalled a clean version of Windows11 and now my controller won't auto turn off when exiting BPM. Neither does the shortcut work by pressing the PS button and triangle. Was working perfectly before I cleaned installed Win11 again. Tried to reset the playstation adapter and re-sync the controller. Everything works find aside from it not powering off the controller when I exit BPM. Any ideas? It's really blowing me, lol.
Using https://ds4-windows.com/ myself. So don't know about the auto-off, but the ds4w-shortcut (PS-Button plus "Options") works. Weird thing I found and still don't understand, is, when I connect a PS5-Controller it automatically disconnects all other controller models, be it PS4, Xbox or "third party". This is with or without ds4w and I just don't get it.

GreatnessRD

Using https://ds4-windows.com/ myself. So don't know about the auto-off, but the ds4w-shortcut (PS-Button plus "Options") works. Weird thing I found and still don't understand, is, when I connect a PS5-Controller it automatically disconnects all other controller models, be it PS4, Xbox or "third party". This is with or without ds4w and I just don't get it.
Yeah, that's very weird! And yeah, I don't know what happened in my situation. I didn't need to use DS4 windows or Xinput, etc. Everything was working fine through Steam and now, just can't turn it off unless I hold the PS button for like 15 secs. It's better than nothing I guess. And Steam support is really a joke. "Yeah, post this in our forums. The Devs watch all the time." Like, bro what? *Sigh*

Pandemic

Have COD games always taken this long to reduce in price? Interested in trying out Modern Warfare II but I feel the price tag hasn’t moved by much and it’s been out for nearly a year?

Last edited:
Top Bottom