• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Ribi

steam gnna drop the bomba on stadia where my steam library goes where i go more so than it does already with parsec

Has steam done something dodgy to their user reviews system? Nearly every game that I look at has recent reviews far more positive than its total average.

Malakhov

Banned
Does anyone know if FFIX gets on sale sometimes? Id like to try the moguri mod but it's only compatible with the steam version

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does anyone know if FFIX gets on sale sometimes? Id like to try the moguri mod but it's only compatible with the steam version
None of the Final Fantasy games were on sale during the recent fall sale. I'm hoping they go on sale for the upcoming winter sale though, which starts on the 19th.

Sometimes Square Enix themselves also discounts the game (buying a Steam key directly from SE) during the holidays.

Malakhov

Banned
None of the Final Fantasy games were on sale during the recent fall sale. I'm hoping they go on sale for the upcoming winter sale though, which starts on the 19th.

Sometimes Square Enix themselves also discounts the game (buying a Steam key directly from SE) during the holidays.
Thanks I'll check it out on the 19th.

Malakhov

Banned
Welp looks like no sale, oh well. I'll play a few switch RPGs and wait

Edit: doh 19th, my bad I had 16th in mind lol

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Alright gals and guys see you on the gmg store because steam prices too high
Noticed the Resident Evil games are all a couple bucks cheaper there, yeah

Currently free stuff:

Charity bundle:

Totally Reliable Delivery Service, Hob and Gone Home free on the Epic Store. Also Spring Sale where the Christmas Sale coupon works if you still have one:

Rogue Legacy 2 announced:

New decent adventure games Pick and Mix bundle:

Quake Champions spring update with new game modes and optimizations:

Major Exanima update:

Major Secrets of Grindea update:

Killing Floor 2 update:

War for the Overworld, sale and free worker skin when you launch the game this month:

New PvP DLC coming for Darkest Dungeon:

Post-apocalyptic management game that looks pretty sweet:

And new Humble Choice coming in 13 hours.

Last edited:

Fbh

There's a Microsoft Sale going on.

Master Chief collection with 20% off is tempting.
Also Sunset Overdrive is 50% off, I've wanted to try that one out for a while.

A few more free games.

Pinball FX3 Care Package:

Thanks for these! Little disclaimer: don't press the first "Play Game"-button on the Pinball FX3-page, use the second one for the "Care Package" or you will only get the base game, and the care package option is blocked after that. Had to unlink the game from my account to reclaim the package!

Last edited:
A few more free games.

Pinball FX3 Care Package:
Thanks for these! Little disclaimer: don't press the first "Play Game"-button on the Pinball FX3-page, use the second one for the "Care Package" or you will only get the base game, and the care package option is blocked after that. Had to unlink the game from my account to reclaim the package!

Last edited:
Free:

Just Cause 4 next week. Epic really going all out.

Comics: All issues of East of West plus a bunch of other stuff for €14.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Efe
Free:

No bashing here, cause it looks like an honest mistake, but you're in the Steam discussion thread... soooo <.<

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Free:

get the fuck outta here boah !

Jesb

So I just picked up hellblade. Why have I waited so long for this. What an incredible beautiful looking game. The detail in the environment and character is remarkable. I don’t even have a high end pc. My rig is about 6 years old with a 7970 but some games still really impress me on this machine.

Free first person puzzle game

Tower Unite added arcade hall with 22 games like whack-a-mole

Last edited:
Stoneshard new boss, skills, save slots etc

Indivisible Co-op and New Game +

Hunt: Showdown new enemies, weapons and more

DLC for Remnant coming soon

Reactions: GHG

Remenent is one of the best new original MP games in a long time defiantly excited to see this coming so soon.

Picked up Code Vein over this past weekend. It got really good reviews and I'm anxious to try it out.
I'm about 7 hours into it. It's decent so far, though I couldn't care less about the story. I started skipping the cutscenes. The bosses are pretty easy, up to this point. The level design is bland until suddenly I arrived in Anor Londo. It's a pretty shameless knock off.

A minor annoyance is the 'invading' mechanic nonsense. Every now and again in certain areas you trigger an invasion of wave after wave of enemies......if you manage to kill them all you get a shitty reward. Not particularly good game design, IMO.

I think I'll persevere and finish it, but I'm not blown away.

Manus

I'm about 7 hours into it. It's decent so far, though I couldn't care less about the story. I started skipping the cutscenes. The bosses are pretty easy, up to this point. The level design is bland until suddenly I arrived in Anor Londo. It's a pretty shameless knock off.

A minor annoyance is the 'invading' mechanic nonsense. Every now and again in certain areas you trigger an invasion of wave after wave of enemies......if you manage to kill them all you get a shitty reward. Not particularly good game design, IMO.

I think I'll persevere and finish it, but I'm not blown away.

Yeah it's hard to hold a candle to From's level design, but for $30 I figured it was an easy bite. I also saw it has like one of the best character creator which I'm excited to mess around in.

jshackles

I'm going to finish up Final Fantasy 7 before diving into this Fallout 76 Wastelanders thing. Wish me luck I don't get stuck in the jank.

Are we expecting a spring sale or no? I was thinking of buying Hades, Black Mesa, and Amid Evil. Or Doom Eternal.

What say you gaf? The three games which are all pretty awesome or Doom Eternal.

Free

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3 - New levels and stuff

Night Call - New passengers and free roam mode

Fanatical bundle featuring Rain World, Day of Infamy, Guns, Gore & Cannoli and more

Last edited:

GHG

Are we expecting a spring sale or no? I was thinking of buying Hades, Black Mesa, and Amid Evil. Or Doom Eternal.

What say you gaf? The three games which are all pretty awesome or Doom Eternal.

There wasn't a spring sale last year and no idea if there'll be one this year.

I'm also eying up black mesa but I have so much other shit to play that I can't justify getting it just yet. When I'm ready to play it I'll probably just buy it full price anyway.

Just bought Automobilista 2 and the DLC for Assetto Corza Competizione so I'm about to go on my quarterly sim racing binge.

I'll also be getting Xcom Chimera Squad so have that to look forward to.

Use this site to keep track of deals BTW, you will often find deals there that are better than what comes up on Steam sales:

H3licon

Neo Member
Stoneshard tips

Stoneshard is truly fantastic, if the developers make the world 7 or 8 times larger, and do everything in the roadmap I can see it being in my top 5 rogue-like games of all time.

Unrailed - Single Player Update

Dead Cells - Bestiary Update with new enemies

Post Scriptum - Day of Days Update with new maps and stuff

Troubleshooter and Iratus out of Early Access

Jesb

Does anyone know what’s going on with Uplay and games disappearing in your library? I was in a mood for splinter cell and wanted to play blacklist but it’s no longer in my library or anywhere I look in the app.

Manus

So Control is supposed to come to Steam tomorrow, but I'm not seeing a price on Steam yet.

I have it preordered on CDKeys since it's only $35 there.

June 26, 2020

"The Wii U and Steam versions [of Shakedown: Hawaii] will follow in August."

August 26, 2020

Still nothing. Do timed exclusive deals with Epic last longer than a year, because it originally released May 2019.

CitizenX

Banned
Here is something new in case you are interested, i started to see some new games come with Point Shop items. These are simple emotes or profile backgrounds based on the game but in order to buy them you also must own the game. Im still not sure if you can earn them by playing. The list of items are located under achievements.

Top Bottom