• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Custom Firmware Thread

Accoun

There should be a way to get your purchased downloads via a PS3 connection, right?

I don't have a PS3 anymore and MediaGO never worked for me. And oh, since you mention it - in the meantime I changed routers so I'd have to try if it would even work with PSP anyway.

This weekend "Project Infinity" was released, which makes it possible to install "permanent CFW" on devices where you previously had to manually boot into CFW each time you restarted the system. I just installed it on my PSP Go, which had been tucked away for two years or so. Boy, the colors of that display blew me away once again!

More info here.

I was following this casually for a while. Good to see it release.

I'm still just going to use 6.60 LME on both my Go and my 3k, though. I just put it to sleep and use that hold plugin to clock down while in sleep.

I have a co-worker who recently bought a PSP 2000 and asking me to help him load CFW and install some classic emulators. I'm happy to do it for him because he's a good guy and really excited about the possibilities of opening up his PSP but my PC/laptop is not in a good state at all right (2009 Compaq which for some reason can't see my wifi network anymore and is horribly slow), can CFW files be downloaded/managed using a Mac Book?

Fisty

Ah this thread just reminded me that while moving the other day i found my PSP1000 battery for my PSP2000 swollen up like a totinos pizza roll in the microwave for too long

Young Magus

I have a co-worker who recently bought a PSP 2000 and asking me to help him load CFW and install some classic emulators. I'm happy to do it for him because he's a good guy and really excited about the possibilities of opening up his PSP but my PC/laptop is not in a good state at all right (2009 Compaq which for some reason can't see my wifi network anymore and is horribly slow), can CFW files be downloaded/managed using a Mac Book?

Yea.

Now CFW files can be drag and drop to the memstick IIRC. so as long as the psp can be read via USB to your mackbook your good

Sorry for the necrobump. I got my hands on a PSP Go running OFW 6.37. Having a difficult time parsing out the safest way to get on CFW 6.61. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Top Bottom