• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied said:
If you can't help me with a serious answer, and have to make fun of my situation, then kindly not say anything. I really want to play this game. So, if you can't tell me what site I should go to that has faster shipping. This will probably be my last post on these forums. I'm going to get banned for saying this, but to you guys doing this, just

fuck off.

bye.
I would honestly suggest to just focus on your refund for now and then be pleasantly surprised when the game eventually arrives anyway.

daakusedo

Vitality aubergine ( not sure for the english), with what can I trade it?
That's for now the most expensive object and someone want two of them.

MicH

I just got a new bunch of timed quests in
Alcamoth
(approx. lvl 43, 38 hoursi n) and just went ahead to
Prison Island
. Is the expiration for these quests about to end? Should I go back and complete them or can I safely continue?

Dascu

MicH said:
I just got a new bunch of timed quests in
Alcamoth
(approx. lvl 43, 38 hoursi n) and just went ahead to
Prison Island
. Is the expiration for these quests about to end? Should I go back and complete them or can I safely continue?
You have quite some time before they expire, but they do expire rather abruptly without a good warning.

MicH

Dascu said:
You have quite some time before they expire, but they do expire rather abruptly without a good warning.
That doesn't sound good, but great that I have some time. Will probably venture a bit further and then go back and complete them. Thanks!

Schlomo

RPGCrazied said:
At least this rep at Zavvi agrees with me! So if some of you guys went with Zavvi and have not received it yet, I'd e-mail em about your order.

What a disaster this has been. Though I don't understand what she is going to do. Give me a refund and send me another copy? Or give me a refund, ship the other copy, get charged again? I told her to not to bother with that.

You should really just be patient. My copy was sent by ASDA on August 15. I complained yesterday that it didn't arrive yet, and today it was in my mailbox. And this was for shipping it to Germany.

Mistle

RPGCrazied said:
If you can't help me with a serious answer, and have to make fun of my situation, then kindly not say anything. I really want to play this game. So, if you can't tell me what site I should go to that has faster shipping. This will probably be my last post on these forums. I'm going to get banned for saying this, but to you guys doing this, just

fuck off.

bye.
We all feel for you man, but you don't have to take everything so seriously. Cool down. We're just trying to make light of a bad situation and have some fun- not tease you- but sadly you don't seem so keen to join in. Are you really not self-aware or have you just had enough?

Ledsen

Can anyone give a good enemy level estimate for when the first timed sidequests expire? Something like "when enemies are about lvl X, you should probably finish up those timed quests".

KarmaCow

Ledsen said:
Can anyone give a good enemy level estimate for when the first timed sidequests expire? Something like "when enemies are about lvl X, you should probably finish up those timed quests".

For Alcamoth? I think when the enemies are around 67. You can kinda choose when to make the Bionis' Leg quest expire.

Dascu

Ledsen said:
For the first big set:
The Colony 6/Bionis' Leg quests only expire when you choose to initiate a certain quest chain involving the restoration of the Colony. So there's no way to say "level 20", because you can play the entire game without starting this quest chain.

For the second big set:
The quests in Alcamoth (not spoiler, just the name of a town) expire once you reach a certain point in the story. I would say to finish it those up around level 65 at the latest.

Jucksalbe

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
What a disaster this has been. Though I don't understand what she is going to do. Give me a refund and send me another copy? Or give me a refund, ship the other copy, get charged again? I told her to not to bother with that.
They will try to contact the post office and probably won't find out anything new. Last time my order got lost (this was about 2 years ago, though) they sent me a form I had to fill out where you can state whether you want a refund or a replacement copy.

Your game might still be on its way, but it's really taking some time now. Did you try to contact your local customs office?

Ledsen

Dascu said:
For the first big set:
The Colony 6/Bionis' Leg quests only expire when you choose to initiate a certain quest chain involving the restoration of the Colony. So there's no way to say "level 20", because you can play the entire game without starting this quest chain.

For the second big set:
The quests in Alcamoth (not spoiler, just the name of a town) expire once you reach a certain point in the story. I would say to finish it those up around level 65 at the latest.

About the first set: god damn it! I already did that like 10 hours ago (lvl 48 currently). I looked in my quest log and it indeed seems like the few quests I had from those locations have expired. I don't think any of them were named NPC quests, but still :/ Is there a quest list anywhere where I can see which ones I missed?

About the second set: that's quite a bit further then, thanks.

MicH

Wow, wow, wow, wow! Big, big spoilers ahead (40 hours, lvl 43 at
Prison Island
), please be careful before reading these!

I KNEW IT! I FUCKING KNEW IT! Homs are operating those faced Mechon. FUCK. Ever since I saw the first Metal Face in Colony 9, I could swear it was Dunbans friend, Munkhar (was that his name?) from the Battle of Sword Valley. The claws instantly gave it away. This hasn't been fully confirmed yet, but his attitude towards Dunban made it very plausible. And FIORA! When I saw that silver Mechon I knew it. The way it moved and, of course, the voice. WOW! What a chain of events, just wow.

Also, I'm really warming up to Riki. At first he seemed sooo annoying, but he's really a breath of fresh air now :p Love him.

Jucksalbe

Banned
MicH said:
Wow, wow, wow, wow
Wow!
Everything is exactly as you already knew it would be.
I wonder what gets you so excited. The more interesting part about all that is actually that
the game wants you to know all this.

Phenomic

I've got a question that I can't seem to find any information about. It's spoliery but involves the art books. So respond only if you've played most of the game.

So I've been using a lot of Fiora late in the game and noticed she doesn't have a lot of the intermediate skill books and for the life of me I haven't noticed anyone who sells them? Is there a vendor I might have missed? Anyone know where the majority of her skill sets come from?

62 hour in so good
I'am on the hand and I take it this is the the silence before the storm good to have a talk and work out what everyone still fighting for before a big push

6 hours into my second playthrough, now at
Mechonis Field
, will get to the end of the zone before stopping to get all timed sidequests out of the way

Phenomic said:
I've got a question that I can't seem to find any information about. It's spoliery but involves the art books. So respond only if you've played most of the game.

So I've been using a lot of Fiora late in the game and noticed she doesn't have a lot of the intermediate skill books and for the life of me I haven't noticed anyone who sells them? Is there a vendor I might have missed? Anyone know where the majority of her skill sets come from?
Some of them
are found in one of the colony 6 shops that is open for about 2 hours and you need commerce maxed out for that area too (else you won't have the shop), also there are two merchants by Junks/in hidden village after some point, they have a few (and the Speed III frame which is what you should be using)

Ledsen

InternHertz said:
Mechonis Field
, will get to the end of the zone before stopping to get all timed sidequests out of the way

Holy shit I'm 45 hours in and haven't even heard of the place where you're at :laugh:

Chesskid1

Banned
i haven't played this game in a few days because i know the next thing i need to do is talk to all the NPCs for like the thousandsth time. i wish i could just skip stuff, ahh.

if you don't talk to a certain NPC that gives you a quest, and it's a timed quest, are you just screwed and miss the quest?

i'm lvl 22 and haven't left colony 9. i did explore the cave a bit when it asked me to for quests. i might be overleveled. 15 hours.

MicH

Chesskid1 said:
i haven't played this game in a few days because i know the next thing i need to do is talk to all the NPCs for like the thousandsth time. i wish i could just skip stuff, ahh.

if you don't talk to a certain NPC that gives you a quest, and it's a timed quest, are you just screwed and miss the quest?

i'm lvl 22 and haven't left colony 9. i did explore the cave a bit. i might be overleveled. 15 hours.
Why on earth are you still in Colony 9?

Luigiv

Chesskid1 said:

i'm lvl 22 and haven't left colony 9. i did explore the cave a bit. i might be overleveled. 15 hours.
Jesus! And I thought I was taking my time.

thefro

Chesskid1 said:

lol, play the story through the next couple areas at least. All your quests will still be there.

Hazanko

Banned
Need some late game help:

There is an area in Tephra cave that is square box shaped, someone inside has a quest but I have no idea how to get there. I see a ledge and a ether mine that I can't get to. The paths have been opened up but it's one area that I just have no clue about. Any ideas?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
RPGCrazied said:

fuck off.

bye.

"Situation"? Its just a freaking game. You're pathetic man, daaamn.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Chesskid1 said:

COMPLETIONWHORE ALERT!!!
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Why the fuck are you still in Colony 9??? Level 22!!! Holy shit!

BluWacky

InternHertz said:
Mechonis Field

Can you skip cutscenes on a second playthrough?

That's a pretty amazing speedthrough.

BluWacky said:
You can on a first playthrough (at least the option appears). Hit + to pause them and there is a resume and skip option. In that menu they are called "events" (for once reading the manual actually paid off...)

Oxx

Mid-game(?) spoilers (26 hours in):

Do the Bionis Leg/Guar Field quests expire when you undertake the
Colony 6 reconstruction
stuff?

Oxx said:

Colony 6 reconstruction
stuff?

Yes.
The first reconstruction quest ends as the people on the Leg move back to Colony 6. However the game warns you before they go so that you can complete any leftover quests if you want.

Dascu

Hazanko said:
Need some late game help:

There is an area in Tephra cave that is square box shaped, someone inside has a quest but I have no idea how to get there. I see a ledge and a ether mine that I can't get to. The paths have been opened up but it's one area that I just have no clue about. Any ideas?
You've explored the new area that opened up at Vilia Lake? I think near the entrance of that new path is a lower area with some Arachnos and Pods. There should be a little entrance under the ledges there too. Just look around and use your (mini-)map for guidance.

Oxx said:

Colony 6 reconstruction
stuff?
Yes.

BluWacky said:

That's a pretty amazing speedthrough.
You can skip them on any playthrough.

Finalow

fuck. i can't beat (spoiler near endgame)
Lorithia. What's a good strategy?
edit: i didn't know about that you can call back your party members.

wrowa

Oxx said:
Colony 6 reconstruction
stuff?
I've also got a question regarding that stuff:

The Earnest quests weren't marked with a time stamp in the quest log, so I assumed that I would be able to finish it later. Now I have solved the quest I still had open (which I assume is the last quest he gives you) but now I can't find Earnest anywhere. So, did that quest expire after all? Where the heck is that guy?

Hazanko

Banned
Dascu said:
You've explored the new area that opened up at Vilia Lake? I think near the entrance of that new path is a lower area with some Arachnos and Pods. There should be a little entrance under the ledges there too. Just look around and use your (mini-)map for guidance.

Do you mean the door under the waterfall or the area that leads to this bone road area? I do remember seeing pods and spiders that were level 70 or something. There was a passage on the map but I never saw an entrance, if you mean that area, I'll have another look.

wrowa said:
I've also got a question regarding that stuff:

The Earnest quests weren't marked with a time stamp in the quest log, so I assumed that I would be able to finish it later. Now I have solved the quest I still had open (which I assume is the last quest he gives you) but now I can't find Earnest anywhere. So, did that quest expire after all? Where the heck is that guy?

No it didn't expire, he doesn't leave the camp. Try changing the time, he's usually outside near the pond.

finalozzo said:
Don't do what Sadist did (start a new game then overwrite the old save). Oh snap I guess by the edit you figured something out, sounds like that'll get you on the right track, what might also help
I played as someone who drew agro and tried to get myself into the centre of the area as it would save me being pushed around and also keep the same happening to the AI buddies

finalozzo said:
i beat her @ 72~73.
2 points
1.equip anti terrain dmg gems.
2.use melia to kill 2 lights.

tolkir

Chesskid1 said:
i'm lvl 22 and haven't left colony 9. i did explore the cave a bit when it asked me to for quests. i might be overleveled. 15 hours.

I'm level 23 and just to arrive to colony 6. O_O

About 15 hours too with a lot of sidequests.

Top Bottom