• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Dang that really sucks, I haven't watched much of his stuff lately or his comedy routines but he was great when I was a kid with Flubber, Jumanji, etc... He was also really awesome on his guest appearances on Who's Line.

Socreges

Banned
Dang that really sucks, I haven't watched much of his stuff lately or his comedy routines but he was great when I was a kid with Flubber, Jumanji, etc... He was also really awesome on his guest appearances on Who's Line.
Insomnia
World's Greatest Dad
Awakenings
Good Morning Vietnam
Death to Smoochy
The Final Cut
Good Will Hunting
The Birdcage
Ms Doubtfire

He was an incredible actor, never mind his comedy.

Insomnia
World's Greatest Dad
Awakenings
Good Morning Vietnam
Death to Smoochy
The Final Cut
Good Will Hunting
The Birdcage
Ms Doubtfire

He was an incredible actor, never mind his comedy.

Definitely the ones I remember him in the most would be Ms Doubtfire, Flubber, and Jumanji. I always forgot he was the genie in Aladdin and I know I remember way more movies with him in them, but I can't remember which ones off the top of my head. But anyways, RIP, was a heck of a comedian and actor and I'm not one that usually cares too much about celebrity deaths.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
No no no no no.

Robin Williams. :'(

He was a fantastic actor, along with his comedy. I've always loved him in Dead Poet's Society and Good Will Hunting.

Depression is horrible and so difficult to deal with.

He's been severely depressed for years.......I dunno why, but comedians are often some of the loneliest, saddest people.

This is so true.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Robin Williams is dead, holy shit. Legit sad. I just told my friend YESTERDAY to watch Jumanji cause she hadnt seen it yet. :(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
God damn this sucks.......This is probably the worst celebrity death for me so far. I knew he was suffering from mental illness, but this is just unbelievable RIP :(

I'm watching Masterchef =\
That's not going to help.

Bad timing for this but I wanted to respond to this before I forget about it:

Isn't there some new camera tech that will make it much easier for the NHL to track 'new' stats?
From the article I posted this morning:

The figurative data asteroid is expected to strike the NHL in 2015-16. By then, the league could introduce player motion tracking via SportVU, the company that performs the same service in the NBA......Assuming the NHL welcomes player tracking, everything will be automated. The result will be clean, dependable data: a statistician’s dream. Smart people currently on the sidelines will sprint into the market.

We’ll know where every player is on the ice at every moment,” Ventura said. “It gives us location information for all things happening over the course of the game — shots, hits, passes, people carrying the puck, where defensemen are positioned. Are they in the lane, ready to block a shot? Or are they giving up an easy lane for a goal. We can look at things like positioning for all plays, not just on shots. It’s really going to lead to a much richer data set.

Rest of it here.

Red_Man

Well, reality shows are like escapism. It got my mind off the news for a while, anyway. :(
I was just referring to how shitty this season of MC has been. Now I have to watch the clips of RW on Whose Line Is It Anyways? from back in the day :(

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I was just referring to how shitty this season of MC has been. Now I have to watch the clips of RW on Whose Line Is It Anyways? from back in the day :(

I watched about 5 episodes of the US MasterChef and it hasn't been very good. Why are some of these women wearing heels to cook in? It's not exactly safe. Even accounting for the safety issue Courtney was wearing Louboutin's one episode and those shoes are something like $3000-$5000.

MasterChef Australia is so much better. My favourite contestant made it to the final but didn't win. I did like the winner though.

RC

Banned
Well, reality shows are like escapism. It got my mind off the news for a while, anyway. :(

The only reality shows I like involve hotties getting tattooed, or tattooed hotiies giving tattooes and Bar Rescue. Love Bar Resuce

Red_Man

I watched about 5 episodes of the US MasterChef and it hasn't been very good. Why are some of these women wearing heels to cook in? It's not exactly safe. Even accounting for the safety issue Courtney was wearing Louboutin's one episode and those shoes are something like $3000-$5000.

MasterChef Australia is so much better. My favourite contestant made it to the final but didn't win. I did like the winner though.
The obsession that the camera men have with Courtney's heels on MC is really weird. MC:A is so much better, I can barely even watch this season of the American version. You were a
Laura fan? I didn't care for her or Brent, I really wanted Sarah to make it through, but she messed up twice so than I was hoping for Amelia to make it through =/

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
This season would be roughly 10x better if Courtney were eliminated

She's awful. Her shoes are fabulous though.

mc56ch.gif

The obsession that the camera men have with Courtney's heels on MC is really weird. MC:A is so much better, I can barely even watch this season of the American version. You were a
Laura fan? I didn't care for her or Brent, I really wanted Sarah to make it through, but she messed up twice so than I was hoping for Amelia to make it through =/

Yeah, Iiked her all way through. Considering how young she is she handled herself well (unlike Ahran). I liked most of the contestants really. I was meh on Sarah but I wouldn't have minded Emelia winning. Seems like she got a pretty good prize with a job offer from George and $10000.

Tabris

I agree with that assessment. The more I've watched the two sports, the more enjoyable the NFL is to watch for me.

Only need to watch on a single day, doesn't take up my nights (ignoring Thursday and Monday night... not a fan of Thursday night football though), each game matters much more, and playing fantasy football is better.

Of course the NFL couldn't live up to best part of the NHL, the playoffs. Watching Canucks play in the playoffs is more exciting (and nerve racking). But overall? Watching an entire season? NFL is a better watch for me.

Top Bottom