• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

anddo0

The console comes with a mic. Why are people still not using them?

Also. Warframe looks good and all. But the nav system is horrible.. Vague objectives, and lot's of people running around not knowing what to do.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can you delete the recorded videos and screenshots? The share section doesn't have the delete option that I can see. Is it in one of the data management sections under settings?

Looks like thePS+ trail that came with the PS4 now stacks. I just redeemd mine.
Yeah, I was going to ask about this, but yesterday I figured it just can't be stacked. It told me the that the code is invalid. I'll try again now.

Bumhead

Banned
Quick question from a (not at all) patient UK gaffer:

The real name stuff. Does that pull from Facebook or the information you provide on your SEN account? Can you choose, or does it automatically do one over the other?

I posted this in another thread but I'll try here as well:

I'm having a problem I haven't run into yet. Trying to play Assassin's Creed. I started it yesterday and played fine.

Now today I turn on my PS4, click on Assassin's Creed, It looks like the game is about to start, and then it just kicks me back out to the PS4 UI

Anyone run into an issue like this?

Edit: Fuckin great, Killzone is doing the same thing, except it is just hanging on the black screen with the little icon. Can't get a friggin game to load up and start...

Edit2: And now I'm trying to close the Killzone application and it won't even fucking close...

Edit3: And now my system won't shut down because the application for Killzone won't stop, and its just sitting there with the little spinning circle icon not shutting down. I really shouldn't unplug it at this point should I?

Smokey

Anybody know where the option is to remove a Credit Card? On PS3 it was under Account Management I believe, but I can't seem to find my way to an area that lets me take it off on PS4.

cruisx

Neo Member
I don't think you can mute the mic though, correct?

Hows the in-game audio sound?

Hmm this may make my decision to buy one sooner rather than later a bit easier.

In game audio is pretty good even if you dont turn the head set on. If you turn it on then you get the bass and everything so it can be a pretty good experience.

I believe if the head set is powered on you can mute it, ill have to check again tonight.

In terms of adjusting the voice audio Isnt there a slider on the headset where you can change the audio to be more biased towards audio or voice? This should let you adjust voice volume to be lower or higher than ingame audio.

I have a question about the resolution options and sound options available on PS4. Is simply a choice between 720p and 1080p, or will it display natively at 768xwhateverthehellmytvis?

And how are the surround sound choices, the same as PS3 or are there more?

Sky Chief

I posted this in another thread but I'll try here as well:

I'm having a problem I haven't run into yet. Trying to play Assassin's Creed. I started it yesterday and played fine.

Now today I turn on my PS4, click on Assassin's Creed, It looks like the game is about to start, and then it just kicks me back out to the PS4 UI

Anyone run into an issue like this?

Edit: Fuckin great, Killzone is doing the same thing, except it is just hanging on the black screen with the little icon. Can't get a friggin game to load up and start...

Edit2: And now I'm trying to close the Killzone application and it won't even fucking close...

This was happening to me but it seems to be fixed somehow

Can you delete the recorded videos and screenshots? The share section doesn't have the delete option that I can see. Is it in one of the data management sections under settings?

Yeah, I was going to ask about this, but yesterday I figured it just can't be stacked. It told me the that the code is invalid. I'll try again now.

Really? Well, damn.

Hmm. I'll probably try this later if it does stack.

Yeah, it didnt work for my on launch day then tried today after I saw this tweet from Sony.

PS4 users: If you were having trouble redeeming your PS Plus trial earlier, please try again now.

Source: https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/401796757719240704

This was happening to me but it seems to be fixed somehow

Thanks, but now on top of that my problem is I tried to shut the system down, and it won't shut down. Its just been there with a swirling circle icon on a black screen for 10 minutes.

Should I try doing anything? Hold down the power button? Just unplug it?

Megasoum

Banned
Nice, I finally plugged my Pulse Elites in the controller. Works great and it gives me a microphone at the same time so I can use the voice commands... that's really nice.

Will be even better once we have the wireless tho.

Anyone know of a decent, cheap router? The room I have my systems in has a terrible wifi connection due to the walls I imagine so I really need to have everything connected via ethernet but as of now I only have the one port.

Maligna

Banned
Okay, so when I set up my PS4 I allowed it to post pretty much everything to facebook, thinking it wouldn't get to be too much. I was wrong... the constant updates are even annoying me and I'm the one putting them out. I can only imagine what my friends are thinking.

Anyways, does anyone know how to make it so that the only updates the show up on facebook are when I upload a gameplay clip/screeshot or start streaming?

I want it to stop telling everyone when I play a game, get a trophy, buy a game etc.

sangreal

Anyone know of a decent, cheap router? The room I have my systems in has a terrible wifi connection due to the walls I imagine so I really need to have everything connected via ethernet but as of now I only have the one port.

buy a switch instead

cheaper and does what you want, unlike a router

In game audio is pretty good even if you dont turn the head set on. If you turn it on then you get the bass and everything so it can be a pretty good experience.

I believe if the head set is powered on you can mute it, ill have to check again tonight.

In terms of adjusting the voice audio Isnt there a slider on the headset where you can change the audio to be more biased towards audio or voice? This should let you adjust voice volume to be lower or higher than ingame audio.

I just checked. If you turn on the headset and press the mute button it does mute the mic. cool. :D

ohNOitsRO

Goddamn it I love this console...

But I really hate how I can't organize shit on the home screen..

Everything is GG - I love the friends screen when you press up, but goddamn seriously... Let me reorganize the tiles at least how I see fit

LtOrange

So does the What's New section actually show up for anyone else? Nothing shows up under the icon for me.

Has anyone ran into error cE-35230-3 when trying to broadcast? After about 5 minutes of streaming it stops the broadcast with this error and I can't find anything on it.

Vidpixel

The console comes with a mic. Why are people still not using them?

Also. Warframe looks good and all. But the nav system is horrible.. Vague objectives, and lot's of people running around not knowing what to do.

My guess is that some people probably don't realize that the ear-bud thing is actually the headset, but who knows.

Megasoum

Banned
FUUUUUCCCKKKK

So it looks like the 30 days PS+ trial code now stacks with the existing sub but you need to have CC info in the account to be able to use it.

This is so fucking annoying! I really wish Sony would let me use my CC on PSN. It never worked since 2007.

Vizzeh

Banned
Gotta Digital download question, expecting my PS4 on Monday (UK)

Has any of the Playstation store download pricing changed/got cheaper with the PS4... or will we have to wait until the amazon digital comes for competition?

Digital was always a premium price, is it now atleast competing with retail?

Anyone got an update on prices?... :p

buy a switch instead

cheaper and does what you want, unlike a router

Yeah, meant to say either a router so I could set up a network in the work or a switch to stick with the one port. Recommendations?

Edit: Damn, best price overpriced the hell out of these compared to amazon.

Thanks, but now on top of that my problem is I tried to shut the system down, and it won't shut down. Its just been there with a swirling circle icon on a black screen for 10 minutes.

Should I try doing anything? Hold down the power button? Just unplug it?

Can anyone help me at all with this. My system just isn't shutting down and holding the power button doesn't do anything.

Do I really have to just unplug it?

Vizzeh

Banned
From what I saw, the games are the same price as their disc versions.

Well thats atleast a "positive" ..

I would have thought the prices may have better beat retail, but matched them is a significant step in that direction, I guess sony does not want to step on retail outlet stores just yet, since they are supplying the hardware.

I can live with equal pricing, hopefully when the Amazon Digital app, we will get good competitive pricing from both Sony and Amazon... atleast 2 for 1 deals, sales etc. (Will feel bad for retail at this point)

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody ever used pre-paid credit cards with PSN? Are they supported?

I was thinking about maybe buying the cheapest Pre-paid card I could find, put it on my account to have access to the PS+ trial and Music Unlimited Trial but never actually use the card and continue to pay PSN stuff with Paypal.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I tried claiming the week of PS+ that came with killzone yesterday but it kept saying my card number was wrong even though it was entered exactly.

It was a Visa debit card. Anyone else have this issue?

Will be trying again later today.

Anybody ever used pre-paid credit cards with PSN? Are they supported?

I was thinking about maybe buying the cheapest Pre-paid card I could find, put it on my account to have access to the PS+ trial and Music Unlimited Trial but never actually use the card and continue to pay PSN stuff with Paypal.

That should work fine as long as you don't try and spend any money on it.

dubq

- Battery of the controller dies too quickly, and the multicolour light at the front is the likely culprit. So far I had to charge the controller at the end of each day as the battery died after 8-10h hours of use. Kind of ridiculous as the controller functionality is not that much different from DS3 except for the light, and maybe the speaker.

I dunno man. The battery life is short, but something tells me it's not an LED light that is the culprit.

hellfire

Can anyone help me at all with this. My system just isn't shutting down and holding the power button doesn't do anything.

Do I really have to just unplug it?

I've unplugged mine. It rebuilds the database when it comes back up, but otherwise seems to have no ill effects *crosses fingers*

Lexxism

Yeah, it didnt work for my on launch day then tried today after I saw this tweet from Sony.
Source: https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/401796757719240704

Thanks. Hopefully PSN will accept my credit card.

I tried claiming the week of PS+ that came with killzone yesterday but it kept saying my card number was wrong even though it was entered exactly.

Same here. I tried using the 30 days trial the came from the PS4 and it said that my credit card # is wrong. I'll probably try this again later.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Last I checked, Visa debit isn't accepted on PSN. In Canada at least.

Megasoum

Banned
- Battery of the controller dies too quickly, and the multicolour light at the front is the likely culprit. So far I had to charge the controller at the end of each day as the battery died after 8-10h hours of use. Kind of ridiculous as the controller functionality is not that much different from DS3 except for the light, and maybe the speaker.

You do realize that the DS3 ad LED lights too right? The light on the DS4 doesn't take more power than the leds on the DS3 or the 360 controller.

Top Bottom