• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NmUrcOc.jpg

Found a bag of vintage bricks with 2 complete legoland minifigs from the 70s. There was a vintage Kenner Yoda in there too.

Legogaf, any thoughts on the Galaxy Squad sets the past few years?
A store near me has a whole bunch of them for 50% off on clearance. Off the top of my head I remember seeing:

70708: Hive Crawler
70707: CLS-89 Eradicator Mech
70705: Bug Obliterator

And a bunch of others that I don't remember specifically beyond "they definitely had more than 3 sets on the shelves"

How are they? Worth picking some up?

I'm a fan of that theme. I have all 3 but have only built the Eradicator Mech. I've only heard good things about Hive Crawler. Not sure about Bug Obliterator in terms of building, but it looks darn cool to me.

Ryuuroden

Legogaf, any thoughts on the Galaxy Squad sets the past few years?
A store near me has a whole bunch of them for 50% off on clearance. Off the top of my head I remember seeing:

70708: Hive Crawler
70707: CLS-89 Eradicator Mech
70705: Bug Obliterator

And a bunch of others that I don't remember specifically beyond "they definitely had more than 3 sets on the shelves"

How are they? Worth picking some up?

Yes, I still have the mech and the hive crawler on display.

Rootbeer

Banned
Here we go. S14 rumors.

1- Crazy scientist
2- The Fly
3- Crazy Witch
4- Gargoyle
5- Ghost/Horror Baby – Scary Doll???
6- Lady Spider
7- Grim Reaper
8- Specter
9- Skeleton guy
10- Bigfoot
11- Tiger Woman
12- Werewolf
13- Zombie Pirate
14- Zombie Cheerleader
15- Zombie Businessman
16- Monster Plant

86zGoJj.png

NhsEZwN.png

UA4isC7.png

Fvkje48.png

jSzmFDQ.png

Source: eurobricks (S14 rumor thread)

If true then S14 is very very heavily leaning in the Halloween/monster direction, which was previously reported.

Easy to imagine the pigtails being used for a Suicide Squad Harley Quinn figure. The cat-ears could also be used to make a classic batman Catwoman

Here we go. S14 rumors.

86zGoJj.png

NhsEZwN.png

UA4isC7.png

Fvkje48.png

jSzmFDQ.png

Source: eurobricks (S14 rumor thread)

If true then S14 is very very heavily leaning in the Halloween/monster direction, which was previously reported.

Easy to imagine the pigtails being used for a Suicide Squad Harley Quinn figure. The cat-ears could also be used to make a classic batman Catwoman

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148770314&postcount=5625

Reading bits of the S14 rumor thread. Someone made the observation that the werewolf has the same clothing as the Lumberjack in CMF5.
I wish they had more generic zombie heads like the one in CMF1. Eyeglass zombie is fine, but the glasses make it very distinctive for building a generic zombie army.

I don't really want them to call it S14 then... i mean just make it an offshoot like Simpsons and call it a day? The CMF line so far has always been about diversity, not a theme and for someone like me who collects them all, it would look strange when placed next to each other in one huge display to suddenly have a themed series instead of all randomly chosen figs all meshed up.

Toxi

Banned
Bought the TIE Advanced Prototype. It's cool. I think the enormous hype around it made me a bit too excited; the set is fun, but it feels a bit small for the price. I liked the build and the TIE is solid, but it's not particularly exciting. The Inquisitor minifigure also has pretty much the worst facial expression you could choose for the Inquisitor; he rarely ever gets a big angry snarl like that in the Rebels cartoon. A calmer expression would have gone a long way.

Ponn

Banned
Hopefully the tiger woman hair piece means we finally get a Cheetah fig after seeing her in all the games and movies. Wonder Woman needs one of her villains.

Awesome! That's a very minor spoiler though.
I wonder if there is any difference between the previous version and next years version of War Machine.

Ah geez....I didn't even think about it being a spoiler; I figured any characters mentioned had been announced. I can't edit the title. Sorry folks!

Ah geez....I didn't even think about it being a spoiler; I figured any characters mentioned had been announced. I can't edit the title. Sorry folks!

Like I said, very minor. I'm sure via trailers, promotions, and advertisements, it will be well known before actual release. No worries.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Looks perfect. I can't wait to get it.

I picked up the Detective Office on sale yesterday. I wasn't planning on getting it so soon but I saw it for $50 off and grabbed it. Now to explain it to the wife. :)

$50 off, what's there to explain? Who could resist $50 off of such a great set? She'll understand.

;-)

Kitsuné;167237879 said:
$50 off, what's there to explain? Who could resist $50 off of such a great set? She'll understand.

;-)

My thoughts exactly. lol Now I just need to get the PR and I'll have all the modulars still in production.

Osahi

So, my local toy shop had 75054 at at down to 100 euros. That is 20 off, and in the ball park i would spend. So, this set any good? It is one of my favourite star wars vehicles...

Got the Lego jW game btw, gonna pop it in the ps4 now

Welp.

Tried resisting the urge to get back into Lego both for the sake of my wallet and sanity, keeping myself limited to the Camper Van, two Speed Champions, 3-in-1 Power Digger and Hot Dog Guy for the past 6-8 months. Even tried creating architecture MOC's with the Lego DD (With one design becoming something of a white whale for me).

I've cracked. Couldn't take it anymore and splurged on the Parisian Restaurant and Eiffel Tower. It's been nearly a decade since I last played with Lego seriously and the range of new sets and piece designs is so astounding.

Maybe this'll also motivate me to finally go into the shed and sort out/clean the 2-3 tubs of Lego I've been hoarding all these years.

So, my local toy shop had 75054 at at down to 100 euros. That is 20 off, and in the ball park i would spend. So, this set any good? It is one of my favourite star wars vehicles...

Got the Lego jW game btw, gonna pop it in the ps4 now

I think you answered the question yourself. I'm basing it on looks and want multiples of it if I can afford it. I have one in my backlog. Once it's sold out, the price for it will only be higher. You could hope they come out with a rehash of it in the future, but who knows how long that will be with the new Star Wars movies coming out.

Hint. If you don't want it later, you can probably sell it and maybe make a profit (assuming it's no longer being sold in retail stores)..

Welp.

Tried resisting the urge to get back into Lego both for the sake of my wallet and sanity, keeping myself limited to the Camper Van, two Speed Champions, 3-in-1 Power Digger and Hot Dog Guy for the past 6-8 months. Even tried creating architecture MOC's with the Lego DD (With one design becoming something of a white whale for me).

I've cracked. Couldn't take it anymore and splurged on the Parisian Restaurant and Eiffel Tower. It's been nearly a decade since I last played with Lego seriously and the range of new sets and piece designs is so astounding.

Maybe this'll also motivate me to finally go into the shed and sort out/clean the 2-3 tubs of Lego I've been hoarding all these years.

I think Wetwired here tried the washing machine method and didn't recommend it.
I recommend the overnight soaking method. It did wonders. A colander or strainer helps a lot with the rinsing process.
Make sure to remove any parts that shouldn't be wet, stickered or electric elements.

http://thebrickblogger.com/2010/12/cleaning-dirty-lego/

mrkgoo

Finally, the baddest Batman of them all has a worthy vehicle:

lSvg0GB.jpg

hwcM8oT.jpg

I...never even thought of this. This is great! I have both this vehicle and the cycle one. I only applied a few stickes, just the ones to add detail, but left off agents logos and such, and threw the mini figures (except infearno) into my minifigs box... I just thought the vehicles were cool as hell. Had Chase McCain in it for a while, but Batman is so perfect.

...I just need a Batman Minifig, lol.

In other news, in my never-ending journey to scour for clearance sets when I go out, found a Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator (50% off), and nabbed it. Box is a bit crushed no doubt to just being old stock, never bought a Galaxy Squad set, but I understand from some of the seniors here that it's a great theme and some cool sets. Love vehicles so thought what they hey...

Toxi

Banned
First Order Stormtrooper constraction figure, available January 1st as part of the 1H 2016 Star Wars wave.

dxF0oSE.jpg
I wish the head were made of multiple pieces, but this is still really cool.

I feel like all the budget for the Summer 2015 Bionicle sets went into all the Star Wars constraction stuff. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom