• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wired play through all of Too Human

FFChris

Hellraizer said:
Ah well QA these days...and its not just MS.

Haze passed. Lair passed. Alone in the Dark passed.

Even good rated games have smaller issues due to which they never should have passed, or at least the issues should have been noted and fixed (or tried to be fixed).

They need to get a demo out before the release. They just have to. No NG2 bullshit this time around please.

The last time this discussion came up someone posted that QA is usually for finding game breaking bugs, not so much looking at the quality of the game.

If they get a bad quality, million dollar game in the QA test bed, they can't exactly go, 'no, this game is terrible, scrap the entire thing and start over.'

robor

duckroll said:
Are you sure? Here are the animation credits for Twin Snakes:

Motion Unit

Animators: So Toyota, Masahiro Yoshinaga, Kumi Sato, Hiroyuki Inoue, Makoto Akashi, Yoriko Shimizu, Yukiko Kaneda, Ryoko Yoshimura, Goro Kaneko, Tadashi Nushitani, Nobuyoshi Nishimura

Motion Directors: So Toyota, Masahiro Yoshinaga

Real Time Demo Unit

Storyboard: Tomokazu Ohara (Studio Gacum), Masato Kosaka (Studio Gacum), Akira Takeda (Studio Gacum), Iori Watanabe (Studio Gacum), Kaori Izumi

Artists: Masaya Kobayashi, Syuhei Tanaka, Hiroyuki Tsuchida, Daizo Shikama, Hideaki Mori, Yoshinori Onodera, Shintaro Naka

Vibration: Kumi Sato, Goro Kaneko, Nobuyoshi Nishimura, Hiroyuki Inoue, Tadashi Nushitani

Script: Satoshi Hirano, Shinta Nojiri

Coordinator: Keishiro Shin

Codirector: Isao Kiriyama

Director: Ryuhei Kitamura

Motion Actors: Attractive Action Club - AAC, Mizuho Yoshida, Mark Musashi, Yasuhiro Masuda, Mai Higuchi, Hirofumi Fukuzawa, Kaori Ichijo, Akira Oohashi, Toshinori Sasaki, Kisaki Tokumori, Eiji Morisaki

Ocelot Gun‑Action Actor: Kenichi Yoshida (Pale Riders)

Action Support: Ryuhei Sakata, Minoru Tomita, Yuji Takatsuki, Toru Miyokawa, Kiyoshi Hayashi, So Shikata Watanabe

Real Time Demo Action Coordinator: Mitsuo Abe

Motion Capture Staff: Links DigiWorks Inc., Kazuhisa Nishimura, Takayasu Yanagihara, Ryuichi Yamada, Shigeaki Nunokawa, Masaaki Murakami, Hiroyuki Wada, Akira Sakawa

Motion Capture Assistant Director: So Toyota

Motion Capture Codirector: Isao Kiriyama

Motion Capture Director Ryuhei Kitamura

You think any of these people work at Silicon Knights? :lol

.........OH FU-
man-on-fire.jpg

Nolan.

norinrad21 said:
Will GAF ever take Dennis seriously ever again? Watch as this epic episode slowly unfolds

Has he ever been taken seriously, apart from the few that like his ''balsyness''.?

Apocryphon

Hi Denis, i know you’re reading through this thread and that you're probably contemplating suicide right now. All is not lost. Your game can be saved. Granted, it's a long shot, but i'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement. Check it...

We'll swap out all of the clunky, boring and downright unstylish armour and deck Baldur & Co. out with branded sportswear. We'll talk to Reebok and get the bald headed cutie in the next Reebok Classics ad. (Nike Air Max 360 in the US).

We'll convince Microsoft to let us give him a Zune so that gamers can rock though the game listening to all of their favourite EA Trax (with more available for download via XBL day and date with the game).

We'll have to change the storyline, character names and designs and game world so that it doesn't deter our casual audience. The dark, dank dungeons will have to go. We'll replace them with a modern (open world), living, breathing city complete with day/night cycles and a fully functioning weather system. We’ll introduce drivable vehicles and transform Baldur the God into Mike the gangsta and the death dealing robots into gun totting mofo's who have invaded your turf, killed one of your homies and dissed your bitch. Y'know, something that the mainstream can relate to...

Trust me D, we can make this thing work :)

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
(10-06-2007, 12:09 AM)
B_Rik_Schitthaus

"The animation is still shit, do they know your suppose to animate between the keyframs"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196214&page=2
TBH, I dont mind the "bad" animations during fighting. The game is primarly a RPG, and not an Action game like NG, DMC or GoW. However, I do expect better animations durign cutscenes. Way better than some gifs that have been posted here.

And yes, the Limbo comparison didnt came unexpected to me. Some animations really look horrible.

Demo. ASAP.

norinrad21 said:
MS is probably going to heavily advertise it to save face, which in turn might move a few copies. I say 300k LTD

How much did Bioshock do last year in August? That has to be a pretty slow month for games considering people are going back to school.

Call of Duty 4 had a campaign lasting around 5 hours, 10 hours is not bad at all.

We'll wait and see with this game, was this the same one that didn't get to use the U3 engine?

Dot50Cal

Banned
rhino4evr said:
so i left the board for a while and things have gotten worse. Im sure you guys saw the kot ak u preview?
Too Human: "This Has To Be The Worst Game I've Played In The Last 5 Years"

Holey sheit.

Hellraizer said:
Now fracking way! Where did they said that? :/

Yeah, I remember reading a quote when asked about the trilogy, they responded with something like "Mass Effect will be a good IP for us for a long time".....fucking idiots. I hate EA.

10 years, 10 fucking years of money wasting and this is the final result, a failure. Time and time again Nintendo has been right in some of the decisions they make.

If this is Dyack's vision of the future, then wow :lol

norinrad21 said:
10 years, 10 fucking years of money wasting and this is the final result, a failure.

I was just thinking about how much less ambitious and interesting this game sounds than it did a decade ago.

It's very clear that the project was started and abandoned multiple-times with the final result being a scrambled, concession of a game merely baring the name they gave us all those years ago. Honestly, if it didn't have a name first made public in 1998 this wouldn't be getting a hundredth of the coverage it is.

[Nintex]

norinrad21 said:
10 years, 10 fucking years of money wasting and this is the final result, a failure. Time and time again Nintendo has been right in some of the decisions they make.

If this is Dyack's vision of the future, then wow :lol
What the hell does a Too Human preview has to do with Nintendo?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
oh wow I just saw the opening intro to the game. I am left speechless. The cheesiness, the bad animation, what were they thinking seriously.

X26

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
some parts of the intro reminded me of berserk, when guts makes his first appearance...except obviously not as badass

for a brief second, yea me too. Next gen berserk would be nice

TheWolf

Banned
Zerodoppler said:
I like how they took this from Twin Snakes and managed to make it look a hell of a lot worse.

yeah, we need side by side GIFs. there really is a vast difference, which is pretty pathetic when you're going from Gamecube to 360.

ypo

Why hasn't Dyack shown up in this thread yet? I want him to come in here and puhwn all of us. Who's with me?

FOR!!!

I'm... shocked at how bad those videos looked.

i always figured the gameplay and "look" of the game would be solid, with the multiplayer (2 player coop 4tl) and possibly the story being the crippling features.

Now i'm not so sure

They probably made it all crappy like intentionally. Aren't these people supposed to be robots or something? I bet someone somewhere thinks it looks cool.

[Nintex]

Son of Godzilla said:
They probably made it all crappy like intentionally. Aren't these people supposed to be robots or something? I bet someone somewhere thinks it looks cool.
Everything has been approved by Denis Dyack.

Zzoram

stuburns said:
It's a sad day when Too Human becomes the poster child for troubled development.
People are really impressed with DNF.

DNF has been the PC symbol of troubled development forever. GAF is console-centric, and Too Human is more relevant to GAF.

yoopoo

Banned
Anyone have vids of this game running on UE3? Wonder if its the engine or the people making the game...espically the animators.

WrikaWrek

Banned
yoopoo said:
Anyone have vids of this game running on UE3? Wonder if its the engine or the people making the game...espically the animators.

It was just as bad before. That's what's funny, the e3 06 showing had terrible animations.

2 years later, and the animations are still garbage. I don't understand, how can be so incompetent?! They aren't exactly a garage studio...

Top Bottom