• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanashrew

Banned
ここは帽子やメガネ、ヘッドホンからガスマスクまで、アタマに付けるものなら何でも売っている、アタマ屋「おかしら堂」。
ずいぶんとっ散らかった……いや失礼、不規則に商品が陳列されている店内だ。
在庫管理は大丈夫なのだろうか…?
B73Nxd-IEAA91_-.jpg:large

new tweet. https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/557828181051576320

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So, it seems that it's a regular thing now, we get 2 tweets per day. Here's the second one:

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/557833269459578881

彼女は「おかしら堂」の看板娘、イソギンチャクの「アネモ」。極度のひっこみ思案だが、隠れファンは多いらしい。
頭にはクマノミの「クマノ」が共生している。口調は強気な彼だが、決して外には出てこない。
案外似た者同士なのかもしれない。

B73SZoCIUAEGBrw.jpg:orig

Jintor

Um... at a glance...

Selling everything from glasses, headphones to gasmasks... if you're looking for stuff for your head, anything is buyable at the headware shop "Akashira (Hall?)"

It was messy and disorderly... a bit of an impoliteness, but that's the kind of display the shop is(?) Has its owner really got a handle on inventory management?

ここは帽子やメガネ、ヘッドホンからガスマスクまで、アタマに付けるものなら何でも売っている、アタマ屋「おかしら堂」。
ずいぶんとっ散らかった……いや失礼、不規則に商品が陳列されている店内だ。
在庫管理は大丈夫なのだろうか…?

Quick and dirty, sorry... about to go out

So, it seems that it's a regular thing now, we get 2 tweets per day. Here's the second one:

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/557833269459578881

My take again:
This is the poster-girl for Okashira-dou, the sea anemone 'Anemo'. She's extremely reserved and constantly ruminating, but she has many secret fans.
'Kumano' the clown fish lives atop her head. He talks a big game, but he staunchly refuses to leave the safety of Anemo's head. These two might be unexpectedly alike.

One thing I don't like about this game's world is how water plays a strange role

the fish living in her hair is a cute touch but I now wish water was not part of this game at all or all this took place under the sea like Sponge Bob

my mind is asking how the fish survives without water since we know water is deadly to Inklings anyway

this world is so damn strange very Mario like in that case lol

that team is doing a great job hope it turns out as we all hope

Jintor

One thing I don't like about this game's world is how water plays a strange role

the fish living in her hair is a cute touch but I now wish water was not part of this game at all or all this took place under the sea like Sponge Bob

my mind is asking how the fish survives without water since we know water is deadly to Inklings anyway

this world is so damn strange very Mario like in that case lol

that team is doing a great job hope it turns out as we all hope

imagine they're all underwater and the sea is just heavier water

boom! we're done here, wrap it up

NotLiquid

Despite the fantastic character design I can't say I'd rather play with the side characters any more than the Inklings.

The Inklings are deliberately designed from a playable point of reference with more distinctly simple features to allow for customization. It gives them a timeless open-ended appeal to them.

Characters like the Sea Anemone are great and creative but they're not really designed in a way that suits "playability". Their quirky and slightly more busy designs work far more as side characters.

Despite the fantastic character design I can't say I'd rather play with the side characters any more than the Inklings.

The Inklings are deliberately designed from a playable point of reference with more distinctly simple features to allow for customization. It gives them a timeless open-ended appeal to them.

Characters like the Sea Anemone are great and creative but they're not really designed in a way that suits "playability". Their quirky and slightly more busy designs work far more as side characters.

if you think the Inklings as the soldiers of that world it helps the Sea Anemone and others would break the territory battles this game has going for it which is based on the ink alone

have cool support characters at shops and such is a bonus

put her in Smash4

May can not come soon enough. I really do think we can expect a Nintendo Direct for Splatoon in the coming months. Maybe in late March/ early April? Either way I look forward to it.

Javier

I like to think Anemo's hair is permanently damp, similar to a wet sponge, which is enough to keep the fish alive.

Psxphile

This is the poster-girl for Okashira-dou, the sea anemone 'Anemo'. She's extremely reserved and constantly ruminating, but she has many secret fans.
'Kumano' the clown fish lives atop her head. He talks a big game, but he staunchly refuses to leave the safety of Anemo's head. These two might be unexpectedly alike.
I thought it was just an accessory. Wasn't expecting it to talk! Now I'm going to be upset if its dubbed english voice doesn't have a sassy German accent like Klaus from American Dad.

phanphare

Banned
May can not come soon enough. I really do think we can expect a Nintendo Direct for Splatoon in the coming months. Maybe in late March/ early April? Either way I look forward to it.

there was a Mario Kart 8 Direct on April 30th last year so maybe we can expect a Splatoon one around then too

Psxphile

I realize Anemo's name stems from 'Anemone' but:

Someone over there must have had a good chuckle over the coincidence.

EDIT: Splatoonus updated with the newer entries but neglected to name the shop and clerk girl. I assume they won't be keeping the names when they localize.

#anemone afro

here's the real question: why's she got a human skull on her skirt
It's actually a baby inkling skull. See, one of her customers had brought along a baby that just wouldn't shut up, and she... she... *sniffles*

Then she also killed the customer themselves to prevent word from getting out. Their remains are in the storage closet.

My imagination should not be allowed to run wild like this.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
God damn the single player looks amazing.

Did anyone else go from mild interest to day one once they announced SP?

Tuck

God damn the single player looks amazing.

Did anyone else go from mild interest to day one once they announced SP?

I went from really hyped to "dsxmhgfdkjghkdn give this game to me NAO" as I threw my money viciously towards my computer sceen.

Hm.... Maybe Bosman is right about Hype culture.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I went from really hyped to "dsxmhgfdkjghkdn give this game to me NAO" as I threw my money viciously towards my computer sceen.

Hm.... Maybe Bosman is right about Hype culture.

Do we know how big SP is supposed to be? Is it like... Mario campaign size?

PS: Bosman is always right :0p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom