• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 31: Cambodia - Second Chance |OT| Starring Phoebe. And also a fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehawk

Banned
Also, I'm late in saying it, but Joe has been supremely stupid not throwing these challenges. Especially last week when he was the swing vote! He didn't learn anything.
Joe throwing challenges at this point is stupid. Everyone knows he's a challenge threat. He has to own up to that and do his best in challenges, he's not fooling anyone.

nomster

Joe throwing challenges at this point is stupid. Everyone knows he's a challenge threat. He has to own up to that and do his best in challenges, he's not fooling anyone.

Yeah, I think everyone knows he has to go. His best shot is to try and Mike Holloway it through.

jett

D-Member
Why is Joe so good at every challenge? This fucking ball challenge. How do you train for that? What do you train in?

Anyway, none of the ladies seemed to know how to handle dem balls. Should get tips from Keith.

Well duh, now that he's reinforced the fact that he's a big challenge threat he has to keep winning. I was referring to the fact that he should've tried to present himself as less threatening prior to the individual challenges starting. He was always going to be viewed as a threat at this point, but reinforcing that image won't help convince people to keep him for long.

Last week Kass and Ciera were screwed by the early merge and continued to dig their graves. It would've been fine to let someone else win last week. Winning every single challenge only reminds people more and more that he needs to go at the first opportunity.

Unison

And at least she's not "diabolical," like Stephen. I mean, really, Stephen must be the worst, most morally deficient person ever to play -- or even watch -- Survivor. Evil incarnate, clearly. If Ben Carson could go back in time, would he kill baby Stephen?

That seems like Spencer to me... Total sociopath... Totally unaware and capable of any level of self-justification.

Unison

I agree with the general consensus this week...

A) Great to see Savage booted!

B) Incredibly dumb not to split votes when you're up 8/3, no matter how paranoid you are.

C) Abi and Ciera are wonderful TV, as always.

D) Tasha's downward slide continues.

E) A Joe vote seems inevitable as soon as it's possible. It's ridiculous that he never makes a move. The same thing happened last season.

F) Savage, for his part, DID try to make a move, but this boring ass group didn't want to do anything.

G) Kelly Wigglesworth and Kimmi could not possibly be more boring on this show.

H) Next week's not a two-parter, so I want to say the person going won't be as obvious as it seems now.

Unison

kick.gif

Especially with so many challenge threats. Drop out 2/3's in, let the S28/29 challenge crew win em.

Exactly. I'm not saying drop out first, that would be stupid. However, last week Joe was being wooed to join the majority prior to the challenge. He wasn't at the top of the totem pole, but they also weren't gunning for him yet. There wasn't a pressing need to win immediately.

G) Kelly Wigglesworth and Kimmi could not possibly be more boring on this show.

H) Next week's not a two-parter, so I want to say the person going won't be as obvious as it seems now.

Admittedly, Kelly has been disappointing and invisible, but my nostalgia won't allow me to dislike her.

Hoping your prediction is right. It's been true that two-parters were boring and predictable in the past, so it would be great if we had another unexpected vote.

Setzer

Ciera and Abi are both incredibly annoying. Hopefully they are both next to go.

Incredibly stupid not to split the votes there....no matter what the reasoning was.

Joe is probably up there with the best Survivor challenge players in history but he's gone as soon as he loses the next one.

Unison

^ Ciera! <3

Was that the most effective idol play ever (i.e. the one that killed the most votes)? I'd say it has to have been close given the bigger merged tribe!

Setzer

^ Ciera! <3

Was that the most effective idol play ever (i.e. the one that killed the most votes)? I'd say it has to have been close given the bigger merged tribe!

It's debatable. I think when Russell played his back on Samoa he had a bunch of votes cast for him.

But they can both thank Joe for that one.

UberTag

Unfortunately Savage was most likely just a revenge vote by Ciera and Abi, the smart money would have been to go Jeremy because it&#8217;ll be harder to rally people against him while the meat shields are there (the entire point of his strategy).
Savage was the right choice. He was by far the most rigid of the Bayon group. Both Jeremy and Stephen are willing to work with the girls.
As much fun as it was to see salty Savage get idoled out, I question the choice of target by Wentworth. If you're on the outs in this game, you WANT as many fractures in the other side as you can get. You know based on your intel that there are severe fractures between Savage / Joe and Fishbach / "A Larger Core on the Other Side" - presumably Jeremy who had been with Fishbach the entire way through all tribe swaps - and pulling in Tasha and Spencer along with him. Keith and Wiglesworth are clearly happy to flip with the numbers and go deep.

It probably appears like I'm discounting Kimmi here given that she has also been with Jeremy and Stephen the entire way but if I'm logically hashing out who would have more influence between Jeremy and Kimmi to keep Fish protected from Savage I'm going to hazard a reasonable guess that it's Jeremy. Kelley herself identified that "there are 4 people running this game". Ciera rhymed off a core of Jeremy, Tasha, Savage and "Stephen or Joe?". Well... okay, maybe there's five... but there probably isn't. But at least they've already done the work of discounting Kimmi.

So as much of a dick as Savage is... and as much of a hard-on for Ciera as he has (and this was clearly a Ciera win in my books)... I think the smarter play would have been to preserve as many of those fractures as possible and keep the volatile and insecure Savage around and to instead target the stabilizing force. You want to identify that stabilizing force and target them so that the volatile forces will blame each other and crumble allowing you to reconfigure your place in the game.

It's not that Savage would be more willing to work with the girls than Jeremy. Clearly he would not. It's about removing the anchor of the alliance and sending people scattering. Getting rid of Savage doesn't accomplish that, IMO. There are PLENTY of people willing to work with Abi-Ciera-Kelley to get themselves further in the game besides Jeremy.

As for why Wentworth went after Savage instead of Jeremy... well, maybe Ciera was resistant to entertaining it in light of her documented feud with Savage. We don't know because we didn't see footage of that discussion. Had the others split the votes (the "smart" move) clearly Ciera's own neck would have been on the line but you could have agreed with her to vote for each other out of self-preservation while steering Abi to your intended target so you'd have TWO anti-Jeremy votes following the idol play (negated by the split but at least it was an angle that could work with no split). Or you could hash out with Ciera and Abi who the preferred target should be. They didn't need the 3 anti-Savage votes. They just needed two... for whichever target they went with. (And given the above intel courtesy of Ciera on Twitter, we know that they were aware no split was in play).

Wentworth had no ties to Jeremy in THIS game apart from her brief stay on the reformed Bayon after two swaps and never went to tribal with him until the merge (granted, she had none with Savage either). She does have ties to Jeremy from San Juan del Sur which is the only reason I can think of latching on to as to why she went with the decision to target Savage instead. Some pre-game nonsense might have distorted her line of thinking here.

Of course, the added benefit to that move that we have the benefit of knowing as viewers is that Jeremy has an idol himself and she would have effectively wielded her own idol to take out the other by such a play. But there was no real way for her to know who else might have one... just how they would have gone about obtaining it (during a challenge like she did). As big a move as nullifying 9 votes was... imagine nullifying 9 votes AND taking out the other person who had a hidden immunity idol at the same time.

So playing the idol was smart... I just question the target. Getting Savage out now might be cathartic for us but that stabilizing force in Jeremy is still around to keep Joe and Stephen from taking shots at each other and to keep the other 5 (Tasha, Spencer, Kimmi, Keith, Wiglesworth) in line. The other idol is still around too. That's not good.

Had Jeremy and the 2nd idol been booted Savage, Joe and Tasha would have still been tight but I think the cracks would be present to send Fish and Kimmi over to the other 3 girls and Keith, Kelly, Spencer would be in the middle of a fractured group. I don't believe that defined fracture exists in this equation. Kelley's idol sunk the colossal aircraft carrier-sized ego of Savage but the battleship of Jeremy remains unscathed. Incidentally, I want someone that's been idoled to use that as a line sometime... "you sunk my battleship".

Even boiling it down to just the 5 names of people "running this game" that Ciera noted... Savage and Joe wanted Stephen gone. This is documented. Savage and Tasha have a strong bond from Angkor which Abi is all too familiar with. Tasha made a specific point of telling Kass last week that she was NOT working with Stephen. So we have all of these people who are "running the game" clearly saying they want to take out Stephen or they're not working with Stephen but the fish fry is off. So who should you target then? I'd say the answer is obvious... the one person you think is running the game that has been with Stephen since Day 1.

Man, such a shame. Savage was probably my favourite thus far.
Abi and Ciera are the worst, even before the vote. Haven't liked them since their initial season(s). Shame the group targeted Wentworth.
Also, Kass can go suck an egg. :p

Kass drives me fucking insane. I just hate her so much. She just seems so damn childish. She seems like the type of kid that would get in an argument at the drop of a hat and just say "Nuh uhhhh" whenever you try to say anything. I just don't understand why she is so loved.

At least Abi seems like she's getting satisfaction out of the salt she dishes out. Kass just seems emotionless and random in her decisions. She says in her ponderosa she's going to throw her birds and stuff because that's what people want to see, what? People EXPECT to see that, because that is literally all you have shown people. Stop putting your weird spin on how you think people see you.

kirblar

Savage would not work with certain people ever. He was the right choice. Look at how the whole thing went down- Joe/Savage agree to target Stephen. Joe/Savage have the votes once they votesplit. But only Joe is really talking to the girls. Savage then goes to his alliance because he's refusing to actually play with the girls, scuttling all of the work Joe just did getting this on board. He both backs out of the move AND lets Jeremy/Stephen know to not split. It leads to the vote not being split, and Savage getting axed because he just showed his hands to the girls for the last time.

Remember, Savage also threw Ciera name out for no reason at Ta Neo and wouldn't actually discuss swapping to a name that made sense.

Kass drives me fucking insane. I just hate her so much. She just seems so damn childish. She seems like the type of kid that would get in an argument at the drop of a hat and just say "Nuh uhhhh" whenever you try to say anything. I just don't understand why she is so loved.

At least Abi seems like she's getting satisfaction out of the salt she dishes out. Kass just seems emotionless and random in her decisions. She says in her ponderosa she's going to throw her birds and stuff because that's what people want to see, what? People EXPECT to see that, because that is literally all you have shown people. Stop putting your weird spin on how you think people see you.

Haha, I haven't watched Ponderosa yet but that's exactly what it feels like. Chaos Kass from day one from whenever she invented it always seemed fake. Someone like Abi actually has emotions and while they flame hot and fast, she's doing what affects her. Russell wanted to cause chaos and disruption for fun and seemed real. Kass on the other hand seems like a normal person who's trying to do this different act for the cameras and for some reason a lot of Survivor fans are falling for it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If Savage didn't flip flop and fuck up. He'd still be there right now and in an extremely dominate position. Joe and Tasha would have both been loyal enough. On top of Joe and ladies working with him to axe the rest. You basically gave up your top 5 spot out of petty reasons.

And look, keeping Abi around has only doomed him. You basically lost Woo who was as loyal to you as a dog and if you went with PG decision to kick Abi. Most likely she'd have been with you too.

flyover

Savage would not work with certain people ever. He was the right choice. Look at how the whole thing went down- Joe/Savage agree to target Stephen. Joe/Savage have the votes once they votesplit. But only Joe is really talking to the girls. Savage then goes to his alliance because he's refusing to actually play with the girls, scuttling all of the work Joe just did getting this on board. He both backs out of the move AND lets Jeremy/Stephen know to not split. It leads to the vote not being split, and Savage getting axed because he just showed his hands to the girls for the last time.

Remember, Savage also threw Ciera name out for no reason at Ta Neo and wouldn't actually discuss swapping to a name that made sense.

Yeah, this is a perfect summary of why he was the right pick for them to oust.

Yeah that ponderosa video is great. I wish some of the ones from older seasons were as long and interesting.

Also: we all know it happens, just show us videos from the pre-jury trip ffs!

Yeah that ponderosa video is great. I wish some of the ones from older seasons were as long and interesting.

Yes! I've wanted this for a while, it would be very interesting. I get that they only want to focus on the jury, but even blogs with some photos would be cool. From the tweets this season it sounds like they had a lot of fun.

The ponderosa video this week was surprisingly great. Savage is still grating, but I like how things ended up this week.

That would be interesting, but I think it would be more trouble than it's worth to take a camera crew along for the trip.

kirblar

So per Savage's Xfinity interview, Weasel Woo was back: http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2015/11/12/survivor-castaway-andrew-we-honestly-didn%E2%80%99t-think-idols-were-in-play/

Holmes: Woo?
Savage: A close ally. There were things he did with food that made it difficult to trust him.
Holmes: What was he doing with food?
Savage: We won that hero challenge and he ended up sneaking away and taking all the sugar, all the cinnamon sticks, and hoarding everything. It just wasn’t right. On “Survivor” that’s like stealing money from somebody. That rubbed me the wrong way.

I started watching One World this morning when I couldn't sleep (it airs at 5am). The first episode was pretty good, but the cast seems quite shitty and I don't like many of them so far, especially on the male side.

I was disappointed that Kourtney Moon had to leave the game so early, because she was good eye candy.

Looking forward to watching it all, since I forget who won even though I think I have an idea of what sex it was. Thankfully my memory is bad. Please don't spoil.

belushy

Banned
I started watching One World this morning when I couldn't sleep (it airs at 5am). The first episode was pretty good, but the cast seems quite shitty and I don't like many of them so far, especially on the male side.

I was disappointed that Kourtney Moon had to leave the game so early, because she was good eye candy.

Looking forward to watching it all, since I forget who won even though I think I have an idea of what sex it was. Thankfully my memory is bad. Please don't spoil.

Enjoy!

Lev

I won't be surprised if Ciera or Wentworth goes home next week, provided that neither win immunity. Outside of Joe, everyone else doesn't seem to have a reason to work with them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I won't be surprised if Ciera or Wentworth goes home next week, provided that neither win immunity. Outside of Joe, everyone else doesn't seem to have a reason to work with them.

It all depends on Joe I think. If he decides to work with them, I think Spencer would follow. Most of the males are in a good spot though, only Stephen is worried about strong males at this point.

Jayhawk

A move that needs some credit is Jeremy not playing his idol after Kelley busted out hers. I guess he felt confident enough that there were bigger targets for the girls.

BunnyBear

Kelley Wentworth is so fucking hot. Even after being destroyed by bugs and wasting away. Yum.

Also, check out Survivor Redditif you're an international viewer and can't watch the Ponderosa videos on YouTube, they have proxy links to every Survivor video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom