• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Yeah but what's a $50 price drop? Might as well kept it at $400 and packed in more games $50 is nothing

Xbox has dropped $150 since it first came out

When you put it like that damn lol. WiiU has dropped $50 since Launch.

Still $50 is decent after Black Friday drop again they get the benefit of $100 off for a week than rrtain calue for the rest of the holiday. Helps them keep pressure on MS too.

pager99

Consoles are DEAD, it's nothing but trash.
Chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

Javin98

Banned
Yeah but what's a $50 price drop? Might as well kept it at $400 and packed in more games $50 is nothing

To be fair, those $349 bundles have more value than a straight up price drop to $299. For instance, the standard Battlefront bundle is $349 and comes with Battlefront and 4 other Star Wars games. Effectively, less than $299.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Someone please catch me up

-Xb1 won
-both consoles numbers are far from what most hoped
-Halo seems to had sold worst than most estimated
-One Halo fan had incredibly low expectations about the game sales, got angry and banned in the end
-people are mad because a ex-gaffer made fun of members math skills on Twitter and later committed some math blunders
-we are awaiting for cream to validate number 2 an 3

To be fair, those $349 bundles have more value than a straight up price drop to $299. For instance, the standard Battlefront bundle is $349 and comes with Battlefront and 4 other Star Wars games. Effectively, less than $299.

Yes but all of those for Nov .
Most of Sony big bundles for Nov .

pager99

-Xb1 won
-One Halo fan had incredibly low expectations about the game sales, got angry and banned in the end
-people are mad because a ex-gaffer made fun of members math skills on Twitter and later committed some math blunders
Thanks

Plus that halo 5 bundle was not cheap at all, $500, I bought it, was caught in the hype, granted o exchanged it for a $350 holiday bundle but still , Microsoft had the more attractive bundles
yup. I honestly believed that when sony were gonna get to price cut, that they'd do a full $100. they never seemed the type to cut by just $50. it makes me wonder if the momentum won't be as strong once they cut another $50 to get to $300 as opposed to if they just did $300 in the first place.

-Xb1 won

Ha, well done

BokehKing

Banned
Here's the thing, Sony can't pull off the deals Microsoft could, they can't and won't and we should not expect that. Microsoft is built up off of strong business, Sony is being held up by its video game division, so for what they could do it's still impressive.

With that said, ps4 has sold like gang busters and you have to take into to consideration people that own ps4's now have money to buy the other system as well, 3 years in is a good time to make sure you have both major systems. Same could be said for non console warrior Xbox fans that want a ps4

Apathy

As expected, Halo month means that the Xbox was going to be at the top. It would have been surprising if it was not. Starting off the holiday season as expected, lets see what kind of momentum they can keep up through Nov and Dec,

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Well, bed time. Will wake up tomorrow to see the corpses and the destruction of all cream's truth pies

Javin98

Banned
Yes but all of those for Nov .
Most of Sony big bundles for Nov .
I don't know if you saw the post I was replying to, man, but it had nothing to do with October at all. I was replying to someone who thinks Sony should have cut the price straight to $299 or bundle more games at $399. I was just saying the current bundles for the holidays provide better value than $299.

SwolBro

Banned
Here's the thing, Sony can't pull off the deals Microsoft could, they can't and won't and we should not expect that. Microsoft is built up off of strong business, Sony is being held up by its video game division, so for what they could do it's still impressive.

With that said, ps4 has sold like gang busters and you have to take into to consideration people that own ps4's now have money to buy the other system as well, 3 years in is a good time to make sure you have both major systems. Same could be said for non console warrior Xbox fans that want a ps4

the fact that Sony is still a company is an amazement in and on itself. i don't hear the words "Sony" outside of video games, ever.

Sad about the HW overall. The PS4 price drop will have a much bigger effect in November and December, but it was still surprisingly low in October.

The big shocker is Halo. It's unfortunate if the decline really is that huge.

With this month, Amazon has only been inaccurate twice now I believe. And I suppose the difference between the two consoles will shed some more light on to that.

Pre-orders man, that's what makes Amazon flop. We should make a rule where if a console is up for pre-order for a month or more, Amazon Charts get void.

Trago

I'm suspecting that this gen's console sales were front loaded. I was expecting much more than this out of both camps considering all the factors stated in the thread.

I don't know if you saw the post I was replying to, man, but it had nothing to do with October at all. I was replying to someone who thinks Sony should have cut the price straight to $299 or bundle more games at $399. I was just saying the current bundles for the holidays provide better value than $299.

I guess i should say we have to wait for Nov to see how things play out .
Since it look like there plans are for Nov and Dec .

Javin98

Banned
I'm suspecting that this gen's console sales were front loaded. I was expecting much more than this out of both camps considering all the factors stated in the thread.
There is not really any evidence that sales for both consoles are front loaded yet, to be honest, PS4 at least. Granted, PS4 sales in the past few months were mediocre, but it seems to still be doing really well worldwide. The shipment numbers for Q3 2015 were higher than most of us expected and I doubt it's a result of overshipping. What we can say for sure is that the ratio contributed by the US to the PS4's global sales is slowly decreasing.

I guess i should say we have to wait for Nov to see how things play out .
Since it look like there plans are for Nov and Dec .
I'm currently expecting the PS4 sales this November to at least come close, if not, match the sales achieved by the XB1 last November, but only time will tell.

the fact that Sony is still a company is an amazement in and on itself. i don't hear the words "Sony" outside of video games, ever.
Eh, they're very well known in the photo/video industry. They make image sensors for pretty much every camera including iPhone.

AniHawk

yup. I honestly believed that when sony were gonna get to price cut, that they'd do a full $100. they never seemed the type to cut by just $50. it makes me wonder if the momentum won't be as strong once they cut another $50 to get to $300 as opposed to if they just did $300 in the first place.

this is how i felt when they announced the price drop. having the 3 in front of the price was going to be way more important than any amount they could cut the system down to. even if it was $329.99 it wouldn't be in the same weight class as $299.99.

that said, i think the holiday stuff will be the sweet spot for a lot of folks.

There is not really any evidence that sales for both consoles are front loaded yet, to be honest, PS4 at least. Granted, PS4 sales in the past few months were mediocre, but it seems to still be doing really well worldwide. The shipment numbers for Q3 2015 were higher than most of us expected and I doubt it's a result of overshipping. What we can say for sure is that the ratio contributed by the US to the PS4's global sales is slowly decreasing.

It going to end up around the same as there other consoles .
Which is around 30 to 35%.

Top Bottom