• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So...no Giacomo Bonaventura? :(
You guys have a chance with Verratti because he's Italian.

Oh we know.
3AQmK.gif

It's just a matter of time.

I heard he's coming back to Milan. Won't happen, but if it happens ... :sogood

Fratelli, I remember the days when we were linked with Alberto Gilardino and Giampaolo Pazzini as our "top strikers." I don't wish those days on any of our enemies, not even Milan. ... Maybe Napoli, though.

Edit: Re: Zaza vs Boakye, yeah, Boakye seems ready-er. Zaza impressed two seasons: one in 3rd division, one in 2nd. At least Boakye, if not in Serie B, was dicking around at Genoa. Plus two years younger. Plus Zaza reminds me of Miccoli.

166299197-simone-zaza-of-ascoli-calcio-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Beardlo who?

la-barba-di-davide-moscardelli.jpg

He's fucking Zeus.
Fratelli, I remember the days when we were linked with Alberto Gilardino and Giampaolo Pazzini as our "top strikers." I don't wish those days on any of our enemies, not even Milan. ... Maybe Napoli, though.
Galliani will get Eto'o, you just know it.

LTWheels

I think that Suarez just enjoys writing his name and taking a photo. He seems to make sure it happens every year.

Clearly we told him we are signing Papa and he decided he would rather be on the same team instead of the receiving end

Feorax

I think that Suarez just enjoys writing his name and taking a photo. He seems to make sure it happens every year.

Clearly we told him we are signing Papa and he decided he would rather be on the same team instead of the receiving end

The fucker is going to lean on everything in sight at Melwood isn't he...?

Feorax

Haha. Can't wait to see his reaction if/when Bale stays at Spur's now.

This whole thing does raise an interesting question.

There's no way Suarez would have said this if he thought there was a chance Madrid would come in for him, and it's been long reported that Suarez is their backup for Bale. Suarez and/or his reps must therefore have been told by Madrid that the deal won't happen this summer.

That can only mean one of two things;

1. Madrid are 100% confident on Bale.

2. Madrid are skint.

Wouldn't it be mad if none of Suarez, Rooney or Bale move this summer?

There's no way Suarez would have said this if he thought there was a chance Madrid would come in for him, and it's been long reported that Suarez is their backup for Bale. Suarez and/or his reps must therefore have been told by Madrid that the deal won't happen this summer.

2. Madrid are skint.

It's what I expect now

Showaddy

2. Madrid are skint.

As the sagas gone on I'm more and more convinced Bale is staying. I just don't think Madrid have the cash to pay up front and Levy isn't letting them get away with some bullshit 6 year plan or 3 players 'worth' £80 million.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if all this Tabloid crap was for nothing and Suarez, Rooney & Bale do stay.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Spanish press saying there's an offer for Modric 45-50 millions, from Utd. They say it could happen.

There's hope Utd-gaf.

edit: It's Ozil apparently, wtf? I doubt this. Modric I could see it, but Ozil???

LTWheels

2. Madrid are skint.

There has been some talk about Madrid's money problems. They supposedly wanted to pay for Bale most in instalments, with only 20m up front. Spurs supposedly have not yet received all the instalments for Modric. Madrid are suppose to be behind on payments.

Madrid's debt starting to bite?

What the fuck is going on? This tranfer window has been ridiculous.

New contract, slight wage increase with heavy performance-based slant to stop him sulking, £30m foreign buyout clause

Good deal for both parties imo

One thing that's always bugged me is that Petrucci has never been given a chance to play for United's first team. Everyone else has, but not him.

jtb

Banned
We should've moved for Jovetic or Soldado I guess. Tons of decent to great strikers have moved this window, that we haven't signed anyone is inexcusable. Hopefully it's not too late for a move for Dzeko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom