• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

Holy shit, probably my favorite set-up out of every single one of these posts, ever.

Dude ! thanks for the compliment ... I am so glad people enjoy the SEGA love.

And thanks Gaffers for the messages !

Daytime overview

EKbxVxal.jpg

Soundtrack details :

dBdy6P0l.jpg

SZDYmNm.jpg

Momentary

Banned
Got my desk setup in my den area. I'm still needing to get some decor on the walls. The room is really small, but it's awesome to finally have my own space to work and play.

30721399411_f9344460d3_o.jpg

I was banished to my college's dorms this semester, but after lots of elbow grease I got my setup the way I dig it! Sadly, I can't have more than 1 console plugged in at a time, but that's okay for now!

CtiUa2GXEAAeG7w.jpg

Really happy with it, it's very me ^^

Geedorah

I was banished to my college's dorms this semester, but after lots of elbow grease I got my setup the way I dig it! Sadly, I can't have more than 1 console plugged in at a time, but that's okay for now!

Really happy with it, it's very me ^^

Careful, I had a similar setup in my college days and a lot of my favorite titles were stolen - or were lent out by my roommate and never returned...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Careful, I had a similar setup in my college days and a lot of my favorite titles were stolen - or were lent out by my roommate and never returned...

When I was in a dorm, I left like 98% of my stuff at home and just had my computer and a small TV with one console at a time (kept games in a CD case). I had my own room (shared a common living room area with others) but even then RAs and the like had keys and I wasn't taking any chances, especially when one of them even told me he had been checking out my games during an inspection. After that I'd hide everything in an underwear drawer when I left, lol. Was glad to get out of there after my first year- I went to a commuter school anyway, so it's not like there was a campus.

GkGFiJ2.jpg

PvNf8sw.jpg

Eoh2MlC.jpg

qk98Cy8.jpg

hdE7hRH.jpg

Panasonic TC-P60ST50
Xbox One S
PS4 (behind cabinet)
Wii U (behind cabinet)
TiVo Roamio
Mac Mini with 2x8tb external media and backup drives for serving media via Roon/Plex/ATV4
Schiit Magni/Modi 2U
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones (behind cabinet)
ATV4
Marantz SR6010 Receiver
Bowers & Wilkins CM6 S2 Fronts
Bowers & Wilkins CM Centre S2

When I was in a dorm, I left like 98% of my stuff at home and just had my computer and a small TV with one console at a time (kept games in a CD case). I had my own room (shared a common living room area with others) but even then RAs and the like had keys and I wasn't taking any chances, especially when one of them even told me he had been checking out my games during an inspection. After that I'd hide everything in an underwear drawer when I left, lol. Was glad to get out of there after my first year- I went to a commuter school anyway, so it's not like there was a campus.
This is my... 4th(?) time living in the dorms and fortunately nothing bad has happened yet.

Space is ultra limited and besides, I enjoy having them displayed as such so I'll take the risk. Obviously I'd prefer living in my own apartment again, but I gotta deal with the dice I've rolled for now!

Linius

Panasonic TC-P60ST50
Xbox One S
PS4 (behind cabinet)
Wii U (behind cabinet)
TiVo Roamio
Mac Mini with 2x8tb external media and backup drives for serving media via Roon/Plex/ATV4
Schiit Magni/Modi 2U
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones (behind cabinet)
ATV4
Marantz SR6010 Receiver
Bowers & Wilkins CM6 S2 Fronts
Bowers & Wilkins CM Centre S2

Can't really see it in the picture, but are those CM6's in that cabinet?

Can't really see it in the picture, but are those CM6's in that cabinet?

Yes. The CM6 and Center S2 speakers are located in the cabinet behind the black mesh. The cabinet came with interchangeable panels and I have the speaker mesh on them currently. It does a good job keeping them out of reach of two small children. I will open the cabinets up for serious gaming or movie watching when they aren't around.

Adobe

My bedroom/gaming/movie room (took with Iphone)

img_1138kbsbv.jpg

img_11511msui.jpg

img_1140zjs0l.jpg

img_115326shk.jpg

img_11618ys32.jpg

img_1142imsf1.jpg

Sony 50" led tv
PS4
Marantz receiver
4.1 Dali Zensor surround setup
BK electronics P12-300SB subwoofer
Imac
KEF x300a active speakers

TBiddy

Sony 50" led tv
PS4
Marantz receiver
Imac

Looks nice and clean! Really great setup you have there!

Linius

Yes. The CM6 and Center S2 speakers are located in the cabinet behind the black mesh. The cabinet came with interchangeable panels and I have the speaker mesh on them currently. It does a good job keeping them out of reach of two small children. I will open the cabinets up for serious gaming or movie watching when they aren't around.

Have to say it kind of pains me to see such beautiful speakers placed like that man. Placement is key with those B&W's. Get these things out of their cage and lift them up to ear height and get some toe-in on them. With your current placement they might as well be 686's for that matter.

Sony 50" led tv
PS4
Marantz receiver
Imac

That's a great looking set-up! Fist bump for the Dali's.

Have to say it kind of pains me to see such beautiful speakers placed like that man. Placement is key with those B&W's. Get these things out of their cage and lift them up to ear height and get some toe-in on them. With your current placement they might as well be 686's for that matter.

They are actually toed in within the cabinet. They are also off the pads and are on some nice quality monitor stands that lift them up higher in the cabinet. Actually when I am doing critical listening I am in a recliner and I lean back and am quite close to ear level. It isn't ideal but when you have a 4 year old and a 1 year old you compromises have to be made. Some day they will come out and be placed on proper stands. However, with the Audyssey XT32 calibration on the Marantz SR6010 they sound freaking fantastic.

Celcius

°Temp. member

Sony 50" led tv
PS4
Marantz receiver
Imac

Looks amazing! Great color combination, very clean and organized, etc...
Have you considered getting a white PS4?

shanafan

So how well does the wireless range work on the XBox One and DualShock4 controllers?

In my house, I have my man cave directly above our living room - which has a 65" Sony Bravia 4K HDR set. In my man cave, I have a HDMI switch so I can swap the signal between two monitors or televisions.

I want to run an HDMI cable from the man cave to the living room through the walls. (Be clean of course, installing HDMI outlet plates, etc.) End goal being I can switch between the TV in the man cave with the TV in the living room.

Thinking about controllers.. how well does the range work? Could the wireless signal go between one floor to a room directly below?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have just moved so my set up is a bit of a work in progress, take it easy on me GAF:

Living room:
eDBJ5gP.jpg

TkWTeHM.jpg

Computer room:
tnHLfS2.jpg

Edit: Don't seem to be displaying properly
LLShC.gif
. Any Ideas?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have just moved so my set up is a bit of a work in progress, take it easy on me GAF:

Living room:
eDBJ5gP

TkWTeHM

Computer room:
tnHLfS2

Edit: Don't seem to be displaying properly?

Just add ".jpg" to the end of those imgur urls and make sure to put them in quotes because of the large photo sizes.

thanks!

I couldn't be happier with the Dali's, for the price they are amazing. *fist bump*

Just fist-bumping my Dali bros!

Exciting times for me, i'm half way through buying my first house. Hoping I'm in by Xmas, but will be January at the latest. Looking forward to putting my stamp on the lounge and sharing here.

Just a quick pic. Moved my gaming HTPC and consoles out of my mancave as I picked up a 40 inch 4K set for reviews and recordings. I like having all my stuff in arms reach when doing reviews.

CxK6thxWIAAtPMU.jpg

HonestCone

Neo Member
What desks or entertainment center are you using? I love the idea of having them side by side like that, almost looks like its one piece

Setup%201_zpsdfllqcnw.jpg

A few new additions to the setup since last time, mainly:

PSVR
ASUS Strix 1080
Microsoft Surface Book
New PC swivel chair

Oh, the Speakers are a cheap little gem. Those are Epos Epic 2. Got them for 600€. I love them so much though that i designed my own stands and they got a new Piano finish and terminal. The Stands and PaintShop add about 2500€ to the total cost (more than 100hours of work).

Here is an before/after.

hktsmq2h.jpg

Out of curiosity, why did you not just dump the full 3100Euro's into a nice pair of white towers? Hidden gem or not, surely that's enough to have bought much better sound quality and high end aesthetics to boot.

Nice towers are a dime a dozen. There's only one setup like his on earth.

Top Bottom