• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

Moved in with my girlfriend recently and finished my new setup today:

There is a PS4 pro with PSVR, my AV-receiver, a cable-receiver from SKY, a WiiU und a NES mini hooked up. I'm planning to buy a Xbox One S as an UHD Blu-Ray Player and a Switch next year
RL. My man!

Enjoy the new setup :)

My desk setup for PC and PS3.

85iJgsk.jpg

deadlast

I've seen bunch of great set ups this year. I'm looking forward to the 2017 thread. Hopefully I'll have better setup next year.

reKon

Banned
Well here it is, my new game room. I'm actually not 100% happy with the actual photo's, so I might redo them later (later this year though). The lighting is all over the place, I shot a few pics last night and the rest this morning, so that's why the lighting looks so different per shot. I had to borrow my dad's camera, so I can't really do quick re-shoots anyway.

As far as the actual room, there's still some things left to be done; I have to hang that Mario 2 thing you see in some pics on the wall and I'm currently looking for a small couch to put in front of the gaming area.

Yes, most of those consoles are hooked up and ready to go. The red area you see behind the TV and consoles is actually a simple double wall, that's why you don't see any cables. Behind the two small (removable) doors in the bottom left are a bunch of RGB switch-boxes. It mostly workss, but it's not perfect unfortunately, the signal does get degraded if you use RGB in the 3rd or 4th switch box, so I'll have to find a solution for that. I'm also kinda looking for a better TV. Still CRT obviously but with S-video support (and maybe more than just 1 Scart/RGB input) for my US SNES and such, the rest is hooked up with RGB.

The doors are covered in old videogame ads I cut out of old EGM's. I always wanted to do something like this in my old game room, but never really had the right place for it, so I just covered up the 2 doors with them. The left door leads to the hallway and the lower-level stairs, behind the right door is the central heating unit and a few shelves where I put all my controllers (well the ones I use anyway, the rest are in totes along with hundreds of cables etc.). It's a right mess though, so I decided to not shoot it.

My more current games. I buy just as many (if not more) retro games than current ones, I always buy physical whenever possible as you can probably tell :).

My retro games, everything's alphabetized btw. I still have to catalogue my games though...someday.

My cabinets, one is obviously just Zelda stuff and the other is just a fairly random assortment of rarish and/or expensive games that I also really like (it's pretty random, games like Panzer Dragoon Saga are just in the main area instead of here, but whatevs.)

In the attic I put my boxes for CE's and newer consoles (though I didn't photograph it very well, I missed a few shots that properly show it).

In my bedroom is a ladder that leads up to the attic and right besides the ladder is a little nook where I put my Atari 2600 and Philips G7000 (Odyssey 2 in the US). I don't really sit there tbh, but I thought it was a nice little area to put those, the goatskin or whatever adds to the atmos think.

All in all I just made a few random shots, there's no real rhyme or reason to them (I'm clearly not a photographer). Here's some different angle shots.

Lastly, A quick shot of my living room. I actually spend the most time gaming here, I have my WiiU, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PC hooked up in that little alcove you see to the right. Again, I just plain didn't think of shooting another angle, so you don't see my badass Ganon statue next to the TV and my beautiful framed Phantasy Star poster hanging above it. Maybe next time.

The cables are being worked on, it's a temporary thing.

If people want to see anything else (like where I put my controllers and such) I can make some quick and dirty shots with my own crummy camera.

Here's a Link to all the pics, there's a bunch of duplicates in there though, but Imgur won't let me delete them

Apologies if I put too many pics, but I feel like I had to give a good overview.

holy fucking shit lol

Top Bottom