• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to announce US withdrawal from Paris Accord, will take four years to complete

sangreal

Pruitt admitting on CNN that its really about reversing whatever Obama did

all those companies saying it will hurt jobs are speculating, but Obama sucks

People want to move on. fossil fuel is on its way out. No matter what. It's idiotic even from a business point of view that Trump decides to go fossil and say "fuck you" to mother earth.

Ethelwulf

Yea without the US we're absolutely fucked. We need them
cumulative_emissions.png

Wish I had found a newer version. Still holds though.

Red

Him and his voters will be only marginally above Hitler and I'm not even joking
Climate change may harm many more people than the holocaust did. It will certainly harm people for a longer time. It is merely the difference between a chronic and an acute attack on humanity.

Buckle

I just texted this to my brother saying it was inexcusable and his response was "Bye Bye Globalists". I said that's not what it's about and he said "that's exactly what it's about."

Help me GAF. This kid is 18 but I feel like he's lost. I don't know what to do.
Tell him he needs to step away from propaganda, take a look outside his echo chamber for a second and take a good hard look at scientific facts that have nothing to do with politics.

Global warming is real, coal is dying, the world is changing. Its not a fucking game.

If he would rather take the word of people like Alex Jones (who is legitimiately insane) and politicians who would bring a snowball into a building as some grand rebuttal, I just don't know what to think.

Heel

There's something beautiful about the EPA Administrator in a literal flop sweat on CNN defending the environmental impact of this decision.

Zenner

Neil Cavuto is interviewing Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross. Neil asked him a question about global temperature rising, to which Ross replied that it it wasn't possible for scientists to make an accurate model to project into the future. In the very next follow-up question, Ross starts off his response with "Don't ask me; I'm not a scientist"... before opining his thoughts on the matter.

RIP, science.

LiK

Ryan has absolutely no backbone. Agreeing with this awful decision. Does Trump have some amazing dirt on him?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just tried calling my rep (Paul Ryan). His voicemail box was full. Sounds like people are angry, or his office is being lazy.

Either way, his ass is OUT next year. I'm voting David Yankovich.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
They're all in Trump's pockets, but people expect him to be impeached by Ryan?

in 2000, the presidency was awarded to Bush but the COURTS, any other country there would have been millions protesting everyday at the capital till there was a full recount, not this country
I dont know what the solution is. But we need one asap.

Should have read that book on climate change the pope gave him. This is not right and against what Jesus would want. If he ever believes in him anyway.

Pilgrimzero

Americans.

For the love of all that is holy, please.

Go out there and protest, protest, protest.

It doesn't matter. They run the house and they don't care who they piss off. And facts are meaningless to them. And no one can do anything about it (aside from protest).l because our system is broken.

My dream is that once all this shitstains are out of power all of them are taken to a world court for crimes against humanity (like the Nuremberg trials), have them accountable for the consequence on wanting to ignore climate change.

Good luck with that. The US is under no obligation to send money overseas or cripple its own industries while China and India don't have to do shit until 2030

It's just hard for me because he clearly reads more about this shit (even if they are largely bogus sources) so when he says it's about the Globalists I literally don't know how to respond. I don't know where this anti-globalization is coming from and I don't have any facts or arguments to counter with as to why it isn't bad, certainly not at the top of my head, you know? I don't know the details about the Seth Rich stuff I just know it's bogus.

But thanks to everyone who responded. I think I'm going to bring up how he didn't use to be like this today.

12% of paper industry jobs will be lost by 2040.

Probably because the planet is trying to move away from paper, because we don't need it anymore you fucking moron.

danthefan

Stuff like this make me wish I could go foward a 100 years and see how history views Trumps presidency

I honestly do my best to not be too mean spirited but I don't want this in 100 years, I want it in 10 or 15 so the tangerine idiot is still alive to see that everyone thinks he's been a disaster.

Fritz

I guess Fritz talked about that the americans will have a brain drain in the fields of solar and wind energy and since germany is a big player in at least solar energy, we would get advantage from this

I meant in general, half jokingly.

But hey, every american citizen is welcome!

Would be amazing if we could get some Émigré scholarships or something

Madness

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"... who could have predicted the US would be seen as below authoritarian/communist China in world affairs, that the US would be considered untrustworthy by allies, and a danger to democracy, diplomacy etc.

There is no recovering from just how bad this Presidency is, and his dumb as bricks voters still think they are winning. No jobs are coming back, rich elitist billionaires and bankers given cushy positions of power or favorable situations to exploit Americans and the environment etc. The biggest con in American history pulled off by Donald J. Trump.

Slaythe

WE'RE THE 2ND BIGGEST STATE IN WIND POWER GENERATED.

This green future has been one of the best things for us! The entire world (let alone my job) is at risk because of this fuckhead and his voters.

Trump's death can't come soon enough. Whoever does it will be the hero of the generation.

I guess you can thank KFC and Coke for the inevitable heart attack he's getting in a year.

Top Bottom