• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is This Game Ripping Off Mario Galaxy? [yes it is]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey Cakes

There's ripping off, and then there's blatantly copying and pasting.

This manages to do both at the same time. I mean, wow.

If it's a decent game, though, good for them.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
123rl said:
lol another "All Wii games are infallible and everyone who criticises them is clearly wrong" thread? I can't take some of you people seriously any more. It reminds me of the Smug in South Park. Some people may not like Nintendo and Nintendo aren't perfect. Deal with it. Personally I thought SMG was a massive let-down that was completely over-hyped yet I don't go around telling people they're wrong for disagreeing with me

It's Super Mario Galaxy, not Imagine Babiez.

I personally prefer 2D Mario, and I've seen many people express they'd wish Galaxy was 2D. So I can see how some people might not like Galaxy's style, but you can't say it's horrible flat out like that. The game is really well made and quite special, I can't deny that.

Satanyoka

Banned
Azelover said:
It's Super Mario Galaxy, not Imagine Babiez.

I personally prefer 2D Mario, and I've seen many people express they'd wish Galaxy was 2D. So I can see how some people might not like Galaxy's style, but you can't say it's horrible flat out like that. The game is really well made and quite special, I can't deny that.
Oh noez, someone has a differing opinion!
Get over it dude. If he doesn't like it he doesn't like it. Will you enjoy the game less as a result? You can't know how he couldn't enjoy it because guess what?......You're not him! You don't know what he enjoys or what he finds pleasing! Shocking, I know!

Satanyoka said:
Get over it dude. If he doesn't like it he doesn't like it. Will you enjoy the game less as a result? You can't know how he couldn't enjoy it because guess what?......You're not him! You don't know what he enjoys or what he finds pleasing! Shocking, I know!
There's a difference in someone not liking a good game but recognizing that it's well made, and just calling it shit over all.

Lyude77

Satanyoka said:
So if I said that all of Shakespeare's works should burn in a fire because they're utter drivel, that would be fine with you? I'm not saying Galaxy is the equivalent of Shakespeare, I'm just wondering how far people want to take the "quality is completely subjective" idea.

Yeah, this copy is blatant. I hope it's still good, though, might as well have great games.

This thread should be filled with photoshops by now but instead everyone is quoting the guy with terrible taste. He basically posted "Look at me! Add me to your ignore list and think no more of my appalling taste!" and people didn't listen.

smh GAF

MisterHero

Duke Togo said:
5ajdig.jpg
ZORDON?

Satanyoka said:
yuh huh

Bizzyb

Banned
Somehow China still thinks they are above trademarks, copyright and patent infringements. Good lord, this is such a blatant ripoff it's almost ludicrous. They have almost the exact same HUD, same gameplay, same visual style, hell he even has the little waggle spin move.

Cease and desist followed by lawsuit.

Davey Cakes

Don't just look at the screens. Watch the trailer as well. When I saw the screens I instantly thought "ripoff" but the trailer made me want to think this was a joke.

Holy hell.

Amory

Wow, shameless. But it does make me want to play SMG 2, which before I really didn't have any interest in. So, thanks for that.

lyre

Comparing one overrated game with another overrated game made from the same cookie cutter 5 or 6 times from last gen makes this derailment, plus the lot of you, retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom