• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January 2010 Boxart Thread

Wow, that Heavy Rain cover is a bummer. Chick with huge tits in a low cut tanktop in an attempt to sell more copies, and other characters randomly blended in the background. No subtlety in sight. I'm still excited about playing the game itself, but man, that cover is ASS.

Rawkus

141285e.jpg

141240e.jpg

140765e.jpg

ThingontheFloor said:
Wow, that Heavy Rain cover is a bummer. Chick with huge tits in a low cut tanktop in an attempt to sell more copies, and other characters randomly blended in the background. No subtlety in sight. I'm still excited about playing the game itself, but man, that cover is ASS.

I think they need to go all the way with the new box art, and put a sticker on the cover pointing at her boobs that says, "see these babies fully exposed!!!"

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
painey said:
WOW this looks like bad signature from a prison break forum :lol :lol
:lol

I liked the screenshots of the game. If the execution is right I might even rent it

ichigo kurosaki said:
Pal version of the game... seems final. First title in the main numbered releases since VII that has anything other than just the logo on a white background. It seems they're now going for the generic character render, like most (all?) the US releases... woohoo!

PS3
boxshot_uk_large.jpg

X360
boxshot_uk_large.jpg

Generic-ness FTL!

edit: I've just realized this thread may be just for American releases. I apologize if so... either way, it seems the US is getting the same cover.
I think it's fantastic. Simple, sure, but it beats the awful boxart with just the logo.

Kifimbo said:

Just announced today, the Wii version's by some company called Impulse Games, who's name seems to be owned by Left Field, they only did two racing games prior and seem to be, unsurprisingly, terrible. Firebrand's doing the DS version.

Gagaman

AceBandage said:
Nooo!
Spongebob can't be in a racing game! He doesn't have his boating license!
Why can't he run by foot like he's supposed to? He's not known for driving! FFFFFFFF.

Also WTF they changed the Nick logo? That orange splat was iconic! :(

Willy105 said:
They changed everything. It's all sleek and Apple-ish now.

Remember this?

Now it's all like this.

Yeah, I remember reading at the time that they did it to get some sort of brand unity. They rebranded all of their networks under the 'Nick' umbrella (so, say, The N became TeenNick and Noggin became Nick Jr), so they needed a logo that would make it easy to utilize across several networks.

Even Nick at Nite changed logos to match the new rebranding.

kenta

Has no PEINS
It's looking like this is final:

61ypo0pGPtL.jpg

Slightly tweaked from the placeholder that's been everywhere. Not quite as cool as the other box art floating around but I'm okay with it

AniHawk

Dear God,

I know you don't exist, but please tell the dumb people who make box arts to stop making box art with 3D rendered characters, the one guy holding a gun, shitloads of animals from the first results on google images, or the anime cast of Friends.

Thanks.

Top Bottom