• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story Releasing January 27th In Japan, New Screens

13637.jpg

13654.jpg

13656.jpg

13648.jpg

old screenshots, but they look soooo good...

Ezalc

Damn it, this had better get an NA release. It looks too awesome not to.

EDIT: nvm actually read the thread sorry.

D-Pad

The unforced camera wasn't all that surprised Iwata, though. He was also surprised to find that you can fast forward through event scenes. Sakaguchi noted that rather than simply skipping the scene, you're actually forwarding through the scene and can read the subtitles to keep up with the story.

This is awesome. All games need this.

Thanks to Anoop for the detailed summary! This new interview renewed my hype for the game.

Ezalc

thefro said:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/14/last_story_clothing/

It was obvious from the pictures, but the characters' clothing also changes based on what you have equipped

Also, I wonder who is the 3rd person (the programmer) who designed the scenario of the game with Sakaguchi and Fujisaka? Wonder if it's Nasir.

Thank god, I don't know if it's just me but it always bothered me that when I equipped different stuff it didn't change the look of a character, save for a weapon. I know why it's usually not done, but when it is I'm it makes the game that much more fun for me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
thefro said:
Isn't that basically saying "This is the best game I've made since FF7"?

I think he's just very, very happy to be back in the director's chair. Wasn't Final Fantasy V the last game he directed? Nearly 18 years ago.

thefro

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/18/last_story_magic_circle/

A little more info on the Magic Circle system

- If one of the characters in your party stands in a magic circle, the character's weapon will temporarily gain the status element of the magic circle (i.e., sword becomes fire sword).
- Elza has a wind-based ability that allows him to spread the magic circle, which will have different effects. Anoop says the example given in the magazine is that it would cause enemies to sleep.

A 2ch summary post on known info on the game says that spreading an ice magic circle would cause enemies to slip, which seems to make more sense to me.

The impression I get from the google translation of that 2ch post (always dangerous, lol), is that there are probably going to be normal weapons that aren't affected by the circles(neutral) and then "magic weapons" which will be affected by the circles.

thefro said:
Hearing trailer #2 just went up on the Japanese Nintendo Channel

1:56 long.

If true, hope it's a story trailer. Also maybe some video explanations of gameplay systems we know but it's only 1:56 I guess. Hmm.

Also rumor that the Famitsu coverage is 4 pages long.

Edit: Beat me to it.

Top Bottom