• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DuckTales Remasted Announced (Capcom/Wayforward, $15, XBLA/PS3/WiiU/PC)

Muku

While I certainly remember the moon theme, I don't understand why anyone likes it. The first section especially gets kinda high-pitched and grating. Give me the jungle theme any day.

It's epic. But to be honest, I enjoyed all of the music in it. I'm not sure if I have any specific favorite, but The Moon has always stuck with me.

Someone mentioned wanting 2D backgrounds, I'm inclined to agree. While I'm still looking forward to this, from viewing the trailer, it just seems a bit off. I think 2D background they could have done detailed and well enough that it would have held my interest over a bit of an odd looking 3D background. I think most times on a 2D side scroller I'd prefer it done that way. Just make things look like they're moving in the background, make it detailed, or whatever. There are ways to make it interesting without going 3D.

iMerc

just woke up to this...

HOLY FLABBERING FUCK!!!!!

so bought! on each console!!! and if there's a pc version, bought on that too!!!

Reminds me of the time a kid in my infant class got thrown out of class for singing "Duck Farts Wooo Hooo" and silly me was giggling to myself for hours.

Day one

People, please buy this so we can get Darkwing Duck

PLS
I would rather have this.

B68SmxU.png

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So with this being revived, what are the chances Sega will get to re-release the Disney illusion games and Quackshot?

Be awesome if this got a great reception and they made a 3D open world Duckberg game.

We don't need to completely rework classic games in the sake of making them more modern, and exploring an old cartoon town from the 80's not only wouldn't add anything, it would inevitably be just a distraction and a time sink from any real gameplay.

Keep classic games in classic styles, we've got plenty of newer games if we want an open world sandbox.

Have you played it recently? Because I have. It...doesn't hold up as well as Great Circus Mystery.
I don't know, it's a pretty solid game. They're all really solid games.

And I meant the Disney's Magical Quest series in general.

Though I probably enjoyed the Great Circus Mystery a little more. I didn't get to play it as often as a kid because it was somehow more obscure.

I re-played all of the Disney's Magical Quest games about 3 years ago. And basically I want another one.

Capcom could next take Darkwing Duck and replace Darkwing with Mega Man and change the boss names (ex bushroot - flower man) and call it Mega Man 11 and I doubt hardly anyone would know.

KaYotiX

Banned
OMFG!!! I loved this game as a kid!!!!

I need to buy all the seasons on DVD for my kid so he can enjoy the greatness that is Ducktails. Todays cartoons are crap in comparison.

Eric C

GAF, did I play this on my Gameboy or was it a different game ?
I never played the GameBoy version but apparently it was a different game

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/disneynes/disneynes2.htm
DuckTales was also released for the Gameboy. While the developers could have gone the easy route and used the exact same stage layout as the NES version, they instead made an almost entirely different game. Most of the stages are similar in the very beginning, but the layout becomes drastically different. Access to the underground area in the Amazon is entirely different, and the Transylvania stage is completely remixed. In some cases, the stages are actually longer and more complex than the NES version, despite being made on a weaker format. Some of the stages prove to be more difficult than the source material, which may surprise longtime fans of the NES game.

Luigison

What systems has this been confirmed/denied if any?

I'm hoping for Wii U, PS3, Steam, and 3DS... (though I've seen a lot of Vita and PC (presumably not Steam requests)).

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
What systems has this been confirmed/denied if any?

I'm hoping for Wii U, PS3, Steam, and 3DS... (though I've seen a lot of Vita and PC (presumably not Steam requests)).

How did you click on the thread without reading the title?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I didn't get into gaming until I got my GameBoy Pocket in '97 and N64 in '98, so I don't have any memories of Duck Tales - except for actually watching the show a crap-ton as a kid.

In any case, though, this seems like amazingly awesome fan-service, and I'm thrilled for all of you that are super excited. I wish more surprises like this hit nowadays. What a well-kept and totally random surprise.

Mirk

Fuck this is cool! So many old memories coming back to me lol. I would kill for a game based on Gizzmo Duck thou!

Think they should've gone all 2D like Mighty Switch Force HD? Wonder why they didn't do that? Maybe Capcom didn't think all 2D would sell and it NEEDED 3D elements?

Though I would've thought them doing this in the first place wouldn't have prevented them from going all-out if they wanted it in all 2D and fuck any thought on 3D being needed to sell the game.

I don't know, it doesn't look bad mind you, but Wayforward's their best in perfect 2D aren't they?

The 3D backgrounds look better than Double Dragon Neon at least.

Top Bottom