• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

I saw the same thing yesterday on the NA list but EU had a good 10 or so games going. Still abysmal for this early after launch.

My opinion is Sony really dropped the ball on promoting this game in the weeks leading up to launch. I did not even see any promoting of it on their own PSN store. I had to do a manual search for it to find it for preorder AN HOUR BEFORE IT RELEASED.... It was not even listed in the new or upcoming games, not that I saw.

yeah hopefully it becomes a PS+ game in a few months or something

Wiped89

To be fair I bought the game but haven't played online yet (need to renew Plus) since I have focused on the campaign so far. Sounds like I need to jump in and boost the numbers...

Holy shit online is dead already

like one playlist with one player in it dead

also why on earth is there a main event in the 2050 campaign that's combat where you can only use your speed ship against everyone else's combat ship

I was worried it would be flavour of the week then die off. I'm guilty of this myself. I'm probably 60/40 between campaign and online, and I'm not playing very often. Blame SFV and Dark Souls 3 GOTY for keeping me away.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I DID IT! I DID IT! NINE LONG SUFFERING YEARS, I FINALLY BEAT ZICO! 30:80 SECONDS!
Holy shit online is dead already

like one playlist with one player in it dead

also why on earth is there a main event in the 2050 campaign that's combat where you can only use your speed ship against everyone else's combat ship
You're from America, right (New Jersey to be specific)? Try the EU region, there's always a full list of games going on there. Probably no surprise about the lack of US games, given that I doubt the series was ever all that popular over there.

I DID IT! I DID IT! NINE LONG SUFFERING YEARS, I FINALLY BEAT ZICO! 30:80 SECONDS!You're from America, right (New Jersey to be specific)? Try the EU region, there's always a full list of games going on there. Probably no surprise about the lack of US games, given that I doubt the series was ever all that popular over there.

Yeah switching over to EU yields more results, hopefully no network issues that way.

And I'm guilty of mostly playing the campaign as well so eh

Dash_

Currently playing 2097 and 3 in PSVR on the cinema screen. : D

Looks like I need to jump online with Omega soon if I want to get those achievements.

Wtf at it being dead though. I thought the hardcore Wipeout community was thousands strong?

Bumhead

Banned
As a huge fan of the series.. Wipeout has always been a single player experience for me. The campaign modes, the time trials, Zone event scores etc.. and there is a ton of that stuff here.

I dunno. Not sure I'd use online to extrapolate retail performance with this.

Dash_

Dozens strong.

Try searching europe for races, it's better in there at least.

Well the series signed off on a high. : (

I'd forgotten how forgiving the AI is in 2097. It's a cakewalk so far.

With Omega though, I hope they produce a VR add-on. I would pay anything.

Dash_

As a huge fan of the series.. Wipeout has always been a single player experience for me. The campaign modes, the time trials, Zone event scores etc.. and there is a ton of that stuff here.

I dunno. Not sure I'd use online to extrapolate retail performance with this.

Same. I mostly play Wipeout for single player. 2097 is reminding me how far the series has progressed in that department.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Well the series signed off on a high. : (

I'd forgotten how forgiving the AI is in 2097. It's a cakewalk so far.

With Omega though, I hope they produce a VR add-on. I would pay anything.

The overly easy difficulty of 2097 is one reason why I prefer 3. Its a tad harder.

JdiOAxW.gif

KORNdoggy

Yeah, but sometimes that can be achieved with surprisingly low numbers. Wonder how its done digitally on the PS store?
God, if wipeout topped charts i dread to think how badly DiRT 4 sold lol.

Tbh my opinion on why severs are dead is people don't cared about wipeout and that is ultimately why sony ended the studio, i know its a sad thing to accept given the franchises history. But thats just the way it seems to be. For those lf us who bought it, enjoy, because its the last we'll be seeing of this IP i can tell you that much.

God, if wipeout topped charts i dread to think how badly DiRT 4 sold lol.

Tbh my opinion on why severs are dead is people don't cared about wipeout and that is ultimately why sony ended the studio, i know its a sad thing to accept given the franchises history. But thats just the way it seems to be. For those lf us who bought it, enjoy, because its the last we'll be seeing of this IP i can tell you that much.
It's hands down the greatest antigrav racer and maybe best arcade racing experience even it's just too perfect

KORNdoggy

It's hands down the greatest antigrav racer and maybe best arcade racing experience even it's just too perfect

I concur. 99.99% of the gaming population couldn't care less about it though :/ you're just never going to see a futuristic racer raking in millions of sales these days except for maybe f-zero (god knows why) which makes the recent influx of them with redout, fast racing neo, formula fushion and grip all the more confusing.

Love the game, played a ton of HD online on the ps3, but the online for this game is dead. I bought it mainly for online and the lobby is like a ghost town. And the one room I join is 4/8 players with 2 of those players being so good that a mediocre player like me has no chance to catch them.

My opinion is Sony really dropped the ball on promoting this game in the weeks leading up to launch. I did not even see any promoting of it on their own PSN store. I had to do a manual search for it to find it for preorder AN HOUR BEFORE IT RELEASED.... It was not even listed in the new or upcoming games, not that I saw.

I really think if they had released a 2097/XL remaster with the original soundtrack it would've had a lot more buzz. That's the title that has by far the most nostalgia factor. The Omega Collection titles target the people who stuck with the series, which was already not many. 2097/XL probably would've required a whole remake though, and without Liverpool and Designer's Republic I'm not sure that could happen successfully.

Dash_

The problem with a 2097/3 remake is the handling system. Some of the harder courses would have to be altered quite a bit to accommodate the difference.

Shaneus

I really think if they had released a 2097/XL remaster with the original soundtrack it would've had a lot more buzz. That's the title that has by far the most nostalgia factor. The Omega Collection titles target the people who stuck with the series, which was already not many. 2097/XL probably would've required a whole remake though, and without Liverpool and Designer's Republic I'm not sure that could happen successfully.
Maybe they don't "own" the content for that as much as they do for everything post-Wip3out. Remember that prior to then, all games were under the Psygnosis banner and all were done pre-SCEE merger.

The problem with a 2097/3 remake is the handling system. Some of the harder courses would have to be altered quite a bit to accommodate the difference.
Not a problem for the 2048 and HD/Fury tracks (which were separated in Omega).

Dash_

I thought Sony bought Psychosis out in the early nineties.

Anyway. Sony, if you're listening. You pretty much have a Wipeout game out there in name but only good to go called Slipstream GX. If it's too expensive to start from ground zero on DLC, there's already a fan game out there that can be iterated upon.

Shaneus

I thought Sony bought Psychosis out in the early nineties.

Anyway. Sony, if you're listening. You pretty much have a Wipeout game out there in name but only good to go called Slipstream GX. If it's too expensive to start from ground zero on DLC, there's already a fan game out there that can be iterated upon.
Yup, but they only really went exclusive to Sony after they stopped being called Psygnosis. It's the only kind of conclusion I can draw as to why they had classic tracks in Wipeout 3 (a PS exclusive) and not in any game after that.

Gitaroo

Thank you. Would of regret the purchase without the 3d. Once you experience Wipeout on 3d on a 120 inch screen, everything else is a downgrade.

they really need to add 3D support and also VR headset support for 3D mode. Like support your own VR platform Sony! Anyone know how to contact the dev or the right people?

Top Bottom