• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Anyone know what HUD Effects does, under Options>Game Options?

You unlock HUD styles from old Wipeout games as you progress in HD. They are only usable in HD and Fury.

edit: nevermind thats a different option. the actual correct answer is a few posts below :p

Wiped89

This actually made me a bit sad reading this. The guy straight up says he didn't know which team he was going to be working on before he started making it.

It's a very cool ship, but it's not really a 'Tigron'. Tigron's unique shape was its round, fat, snub nose. The only time's it's ever appeared (Fusion, Pure DLC) that is how it's looked.

Not that I can criticise too much. Clever Beans have given us an amazing port.

BHK3

Banned
Alright, I'd appreciate it. :)

my total was £22.40, my bank says it was $28.40. It's 4 dollars higher than the google converter but it's a few bucks cheaper than Best Buy with GCU and I get a sweet case so I don't mind.

Only issue is the DLC code I have now is only for EU, it says 'team themes' but aren't there 2 extra ships they added? Van-Buren and something else? How do I get those?

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Only issue is the DLC code I have now is only for EU, it says 'team themes' but aren't there 2 extra ships they added? Van-Buren and something else? How do I get those?
That code is for 4 separate static themes for the console menu. As for the ships, One of them (Tigron) comes with all editions, while the Van Uber (not Martin Van Buren) is only available as of this time with the digital version.

Relceroi

Neo Member
4050 surprisingly didn’t present too much trouble. Now I only have to grind my way to rank 50 and play a bunch of Eliminator online. I’m going to leave the rest of the A+ races till after I’ve got the platinum. Rookie Reward will be must final trophy. :]

Sub_Level

Man I hate how the game doesn't update your records online if you don't happen to be connected to psn when you finish an event. It just stays as an offline personal record. I have world record in a detonator event dammit lol

I don't understand the ship stats. Why are some ships in HD straight up better than their counterparts? Why even choose some of them

Choosing red ships means cpu will use red too. Choosing normal ships means cpu will choose regular blue ships.

You unlock HUD styles from old Wipeout games as you progress in HD. They are only usable in HD and Fury.

edit: nevermind thats a different option. the actual correct answer is a few posts below :p

Thanks though for responding. :)

ON, the HUD animates in reaction to boost pads, weapon hits etc. OFF it's static.

Ahh, I should have noticed that. Thanks though!

There are apparently "hidden stats" for the original ships that make them not useless but I don't know why they don't list them.

I saw someone dominating online in a Harimau HD (non-fury) version of the vehicle. Anyone have a record of the hidden stats?

Sub_Level

2048, HD, and Fury have all been Elite Gold'd. Not sure why I did not do it back on ps3 as Fury actually wasn't that bad.

Elimination is so horrible. 2048 might have some ridiculous timers, but its Combat mode is far superior. 2048's campaign in general has more variety and challenge. That being said, it still feels damn good to play the HD and Fury tracks on high speeds. They have a more clean look than 2048 and can induce a xen-like trance of relaxed focus.

Do most of you guys still use the d-pad? That's what I do since I thought that was the way to go in the past, but I'm not so sure anymore?
Had an online session with a few friends thursday night and was shocked to see so few EU servers. US and JP rooms were completely dead.

SephLuis

2048, HD, and Fury have all been Elite Gold'd. Not sure why I did not do it back on ps3 as Fury actually wasn't that bad.

Elimination is so horrible. 2048 might have some ridiculous timers, but its Combat mode is far superior. 2048's campaign in general has more variety and challenge. That being said, it still feels damn good to play the HD and Fury tracks on high speeds. They have a more clean look than 2048 and can induce a xen-like trance of relaxed focus.

I still have the 3 last stages of Fury to go through.

The issue with Fury is using the reverse tracks while in the campaign. When you start to get used to a track, it comes in reverse and you can never quite get a good muscle memory with it. Elimination I didn't thought it was so bad, but Zone Combat can die in a fire.

I also prefer the visuals of 2048 tracks, but they become a mess in Zone mode. HD has my favorite tracks though.

Deimo5

I'm suddenly bothered by the cover art with two HD ships and one from 2048 instead of having it shared equally among the three versions

Dash_

So I've elite passed all of HD and Fury's but the elite campaign legend trophy isn't unlocking. Anyone else had this happen? : (

AllEchse

I'm suddenly bothered by the cover art with two HD ships and one from 2048 instead of having it shared equally among the three versions

I think the Feisar and Qirex ships are just pretty iconic on the cover.

The 2048 ship is always AG Systems or Auricom.

So I think it's just about staying true to the old games.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I tell you what, if there's ever an event that requires you to drive perfectly between two speed pads - touching neither - I'd win Elite every time.

Bulby

Picked this up yesterday. Definitely took me a couple of hours to understand how the ships 'drive', but absolutely loving it now.

Only complain is the ship sound effects are crap. Feels like im driving a paper aeroplane. Want them to sound like Pod Racers.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I tell you what, if there's ever an event that requires you to drive perfectly between two speed pads - touching neither - I'd win Elite every time.
Or ramming some other glider half a second after you nailed it with a missile. I'm good at that.

Carn82

Wow.. Got a new TV but forgot to put it on 'gamemode', that makes quite the difference, lol. Suddenly nailing most elites after a few tries, instead of rage quitting, haha.

LoveCake

Some will remember the issues I was having with this earlier this week, I simply couldn't get on with it, the nostalgia wore off in the end, still having a ball with Forza Horizon 3 to get my racing fix, so I have traded it in for £10 less than I paid for it, I still have the steelbook case though so may pick it up in a drought, using the funds for Horizon Zero Dawn DLC.

I think if 2097 was in this then I would have kept playing as it's the only one I really loved and connected with.

Thank you for the advice and help anyway.

Everybody keeps saying HD is much easier, but after Elite Passing whole 2048 (except A+), I find the races in HD much harder. If you dont' drive pretty much perfect and get a Turbo along the way I have no chance of beating the AI... Am I doing something fundamentally wrong that is different between HD and 2048?

Sub_Level

Both Zicos beaten. Now just some odd singleplayer trophies then lastly online.

So I've elite passed all of HD and Fury's but the elite campaign legend trophy isn't unlocking. Anyone else had this happen? : (

Wtf thats awful. Maybe doubly check that you did all of them on elite

Dash_

It unlocked in the end. I'd missed a combat event on medesto. : )

I'm still finding the difficulty on 2048 overcooked. With the few time trials and zone modes still on green, I always find I'm a second or five zones out (on the 60 ones). Not sure I'll be ever able to platinum this. HD/Fury hit the sweet spot, but this demands such rigid concentration.

DominoKid

Well it took an hour of Sebenco Climb in one of the campaign events (had to get that 1st place), but I now know how to play the game again. And now I do that weird shit I used to do in middle school where I lean into all the turns like I was actually flying the ship myself lol. Fucking hell the AI is aggressive now though. Making your way up to first feels like such an accomplishment

Now, is there a guide that explains the strengths/weaknesses of each ship? I've been messing around with Triakis, Qirex and Auricom

Sub_Level

Did all the gimmick trophies. Deadly Momentum, Rookie Award, Just Passing Through. Funny stuff.

For level 50 2048 I'm gonna have to turn on a podcast or something -_-

Sub_Level

Judging buy the leaderboards 99% of people seem to use Feisar the whole time...

Harimau for life. Already have max loyalty but still use it.

latest

SheHateMe

Anyone in the US purchased the game from GAME UK and got it yet?

I know, it's only been a week, but I'm anxious as they have zero tracking on the package and I want to play NOW. LOL

FINALLY arrived.

It came in a bubble mailer, but at least the Steelbook is pristine.

SephLuis

Did all the gimmick trophies. Deadly Momentum, Rookie Award, Just Passing Through. Funny stuff.

For level 50 2048 I'm gonna have to turn on a podcast or something -_-

In which event you did Just Passing Through ? I fear that one will be a pain the ass to get.

Judging buy the leaderboards 99% of people seem to use Feisar the whole time...

On 2048, yes. I use Feisar.

On HD/Fury, Assegai.

We should have a GAF lobby someday

Top Bottom