• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Hell yea finished all the A+ races. Glad I stopped being a wimp and did them. Subway was surprisingly not as hard as I thought it was gonna be. The one that is in central park or whatever is way more ridiculous. Empire Climb and Queens Mall also took me a lot of tries. Sol and Altima were easy as expected, for those just barrel-roll to get ahead of the AI within a few laps.

Still need a level and a half tho. Tonight I can do that Sol trick guilty-free.

With regards to ship selection: in HD there are 2 ships for each team at the outset but one has slightly bumped up stats (I assume those are the Fury versions). And everything I've unlocked so far just has the same stats as the non-boosted versions. Is there any reason to use the seemingly weaker ships that don't have the stat bumps? Seen something about this a few pages back but it wasn't expanded upon.

Also, it doesn't seem like Qirex gets much love but I seem to be at my best when using their ships. Just seems like it handles better and can still keep up. Will occasionally throw in a Harimau, Assegei, or Feisar to mix things up.

Is there any reason to use the seemingly weaker ships that don't have the stat bumps? Seen something about this a few pages back but it wasn't expanded upon.

Essentially, HD and Fury craft handle differently beyond what the stats show you. Some HD craft might fit your play style better; I, for instance, much prefer the HD AG-SYS over the Fury one.

Curufinwe

Hell yea finished all the A+ races. Glad I stopped being a wimp and did them. Subway was surprisingly not as hard as I thought it was gonna be. The one that is in central park or whatever is way more ridiculous. Empire Climb and Queens Mall also took me a lot of tries. Sol and Altima were easy as expected, for those just barrel-roll to get ahead of the AI within a few laps.

The AI are always in a pack 3 seconds ahead of me.

I'm getting pretty annoyed with it.

Sub_Level

Also, it doesn't seem like Qirex gets much love but I seem to be at my best when using their ships. Just seems like it handles better and can still keep up. Will occasionally throw in a Harimau, Assegei, or Feisar to mix things up.

For 2048 I used Quirex speed for A+ challenges, Quirex agility for zone, and Quirex combat for combat. Its arguably the best team in 2048. Shame that the prototype is a shitty gimmick lol

damn 100 points in 2 mins on 2048 combat...how the hell do you do this?

Have 50 points by the 1 minute mark and 100 points by the 2 minute mark. That one took quite a few tries.

AllEchse

The AI are always in a pack 3 seconds ahead of me.

I'm getting pretty annoyed with it.

The thing woth the A+ Challenge is that the last few laps are very crucial.
Before that you can be anywhere in thw field as you still have a chance to catch up.
Mistakes in the first few laps aren't as bad as in the last where they are very punishing.

Just don't get demotivated by you psoition as long as you can see the others.

It's luck/reload-based. you will be needing to do quick pickup-immediate fire sequences and some lucky plasma kills

trail the AI ships just as you're about to pass through a weapon pad, then mash fire as you go over it. that's basically how to get quick plasma kills

The thing woth the A+ Challenge is that the last few laps are very crucial.
Before that you can be anywhere in thw field as you still have a chance to catch up.
Mistakes in the first few laps aren't as bad as in the last where they are very punishing.

Just don't get demotivated by you psoition as long as you can see the others.

good advice

if you're slow, you'll be trailing the AI ships by 5 seconds by lap 7 or so
if you're right at their pace, your advice is sound, just keep up with the pack and you'll be able to win with a lucky autopilot/tidying up your race in the 8th-10th laps
if you're slightly at above their pace, they will sit 1.5-2 seconds behind you, and will pounce and overtake if you as so much scrape a wall

what is not going to happen is you building up a manageable gap as a comfy cushion

kromeo

Got the gold trophy for zone on my first attempt, think it was for getting to mach 1.5? I really hate zone though, it takes far too long

There was one I remember taking forever on the vita, you just need to keep getting lucky with plasmas

Curufinwe

I have a NA lobby for Eliminator going. Anyone who wants to get some kills for the 50 Kills trophy should come join in.

Curufinwe5503 is my PSN name.

Sub_Level

Got the Win 10 Online races trophy. Well that didn't take long lol. I did encounter one good player but otherwise it was cake.

Time to play Combat/Elimantor for the next few days -_-

SIGH
I
G
H

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Wanna boost it? No one is playing Eliminator online.
hqdefault.jpg

Sub_Level

Got the platinum.

Earlier in the thread I said Quirex prototype was a shittt gimmick. But as it turns out that is one of the easiest ways to get the Double Kill trophy lol.

I don't think so, getting a bit anxious! Hope it did okay, this Collection really shines on the PS4 and has me wondering what a proper iteration could achieve.

If online population is as bad as everyone makes out so soon after release, I think that might be influential in any decision to continue the franchise.

31 hours kek

Damn, congrats. I feel like I've spent that long playing and only have like 5 bronzes. Just finishing up the HD campaign on Skilled and can't imagine doing it again on Elite, not to mention the other two campaigns. Just ain't got the skillz anymore :p

I did dip my toes into 2048 and I'm really digging the track visuals. Granted it's a newer game so it makes sense that it's more detailed, but it was a welcome change of pace from the mostly sterile HD tracks.

TP-DK

Got elite gold on all HD and Fury events and Im now playing through 2048. Having to get to zone 60 in all zone events is gonna be a bitch, especially since the tracks can be difficult to see sometimes becuase of the colors.

I've never played Wipeout. I bought this from Game.co.UK since they had the steelbook version, and I started with 2048.

As someone who likes car combat, this really speaks to me. I'm not the big racing fan, but I'm having a lot of fun. Getting 1st place isn't easy... in fact, if I can so much as 'pass,' I'm quite proud of myself. I don't know what everyone's experience is.

Also, what a difference between this and the Vita version. It looks on par with the Wipeout HD game (played a tiny amount of one level just to see it), which is quite a jump. I'm playing on a 4K set but I have a PS4 Basic, so I'm not getting the 4K HDR features. It's still a fantastic-looking game that runs smooth as silk.

By buying this, I hope I did my part to show interest in Wipeout to Sony/xDev.

SephLuis

Man the Zone Battles in Fury are killing me. They feel so random and I still cant find out what the best tactic is.

It's better to save up until you get around max boost instead of constantly burning it on extra barriers. Then don't make any mistakes and have good luck.

This tactic works for the first few, but after that is no good. I honestly think the AI cheats on this mode since they can get ahead quite fast without using all the boosts.

You need to make the first boost earlier and get ahead of the pack. The ideal "range" would be around +4/+6 for the first boost. If the AI is boosting earlier, then +1/+2 is already a big help.

After you are ahead of the pack, then you can try maximizing.

The maximum zones you can jump is +8, so if you get +6,5 or +7,9, use the boost as the next one won't give you much of an advantage.

The best way to win is to maximize your energy( +8) and use it to finish the race. So, if the target is 30, then by zone 22 I am focusing on getting all the boosts I can to finish the race.

Sub_Level

Got elite gold on all HD and Fury events and Im now playing through 2048. Having to get to zone 60 in all zone events is gonna be a bitch, especially since the tracks can be difficult to see sometimes becuase of the colors.

Thats funny that you think you only have to get to zone 60 to Elite Pass all of them.

Enjoy your time in hell.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is the EU server still fairly active like it was at launch?

I know the US server is straight up dead at this point.

I just got Wipeout in the door. Any beginner tips for a new player?

Also, do we have a discord?

If you're new to the series or haven't played in a while, I say start with the HD campaign, and Novice difficulty. If you find yourself routinely getting gold medals in the events, advance your ass to Skilled.

Maybe stay away from racing online until you get your blood up.

Pachimari

If you're new to the series or haven't played in a while, I say start with the HD campaign, and Novice difficulty. If you find yourself routinely getting gold medals in the events, advance your ass to Skilled.

Maybe stay away from racing online until you get your blood up.
But I remember playing it on PS3 and Vita and I had such a hard time turning my ship at corners and such, always hitting the sides of the stages.

Is the EU server still fairly active like it was at launch?

I know the US server is straight up dead at this point.

I popped my head into the EU server last night (8pm UK time) out of curiousity and the page filled with races, some more active than others. I don't think it's totally dead just yet. I myself haven't given online the due time it deserves, but I'm more invested in the campaign itself and a couple other online games.

TP-DK

This tactic works for the first few, but after that is no good. I honestly think the AI cheats on this mode since they can get ahead quite fast without using all the boosts.

You need to make the first boost earlier and get ahead of the pack. The ideal "range" would be around +4/+6 for the first boost. If the AI is boosting earlier, then +1/+2 is already a big help.

After you are ahead of the pack, then you can try maximizing.

The maximum zones you can jump is +8, so if you get +6,5 or +7,9, use the boost as the next one won't give you much of an advantage.

The best way to win is to maximize your energy( +8) and use it to finish the race. So, if the target is 30, then by zone 22 I am focusing on getting all the boosts I can to finish the race.

I actually found the get max boost from beginning, worked best for me. If I boosted early I would always get far behind in points.

Thats funny that you think you only have to get to zone 60 to Elite Pass all of them.

Enjoy your time in hell.

Oh god no.

But I remember playing it on PS3 and Vita and I had such a hard time turning my ship at corners and such, always hitting the sides of the stages.

This game is meant to be played with the air brakes. In addition to that, as you progress through each campaign, getting your racing lines on-point will also become increasingly important.

If you feel like you need to step up your command of the controls, you may consider sticking it out in the racebox a while for some time laps. Learn to feather the air brakes. You don't always have to slam down on them, but in some cases you do. In other instances, like for instance when you have a corkscrew section to negotiate or a hairpin turn, you will have to be ready to hit the opposing airbrake to compensate for the just-completed turn in order to get your line in check. You'll find you still need to maintain control of the ship with your stick while doing this.

You just need to practice. The perfect course to practice racing lines and airbrake turning is Sol 2. It has the right mix of varied blind turns, straightaways and windy turning segments.

Sub_Level

Wait ...
I need to destroy 50 opponents in elimination in online ?
When nobody play elimination at all ?

WAT

Its a dumb trophy. It took me only a few hours but I still disliked the experience. I could understand "kill 10 opponents online" but at 50 its like they are asking you to play combat and elimination more than the actual proper racing mode lol

I Elite Passed everything in HD and Fury, in 2048 I'm just missing three Zone events. Any tips? What's the best ship to do this?

AG Systems Prototype is the best. If you can't unlock that yet use Quirex Agility in the meantime.

Top Bottom