• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Zombie game at VGA? [Update 3: Just Prototype 2?]

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy crap a zombie game, its going to be so original, it won't end up shitty like all the others in recent years and will surely find its own unique place in the marketplace!!!!!!! Zombie AI is best AI!!!!

ArjanN

B.K. said:
What's with the fascination with zombies in all forms of media? I just don't get it.

Well, for games zombies make nice enemies: it's not that noticeable if you repeat character models, they don't need very advanced AI, and they are like Nazis in that noone cares what you do to them.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Neuromancer said:
A World War Z game would be awesome but there's no game company out there awesome enough to try.

More like there is no game company good enough or talented enough to do it justice.

What we need is an open world zombie game in the style of GTA IV or Red Dead Redemption.

Rockstar, I'm looking at you, make that shit happen.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE!

Pikelet

enzo_gt said:
Holy crap a zombie game, its going to be so original, it won't end up shitty like all the others in recent years and will surely find its own unique place in the marketplace!!!!!!! Zombie AI is best AI!!!!

For such a narrowly defined genre, zombie games have been pretty much great on average. Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor, Dead Rising, Resident evil etc. etc.

DSc

Looks like it might be a new Resi Evil after all...

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/zombie-teaser-resident-evil.html

Secret VGA Zombie game is Resident Evil - and here's the proof

GamerZines has uncovered evidence that the secret zombie game due to be unveiled at next month's VGAs is indeed a new Resident Evil title, and no, it's not because of the Biohazard logo.

The internet has speculated that the 'Zombie Teaser' could be linked to Resident Evil because of the Biohazard symbol spotted on the image. While that's not too farfetched, it's hardly definitive proof - that logo could be placed on any zombie game, after all.

GamerZines, however, has found something a little more definitive. We'd like to draw your attention to the teaser itself and at the zombie silhouette we have circled in red. Interesting pose, eh, and we've we seen it before.

Take a look at the second image, a print from a T-shirt which is part of the official Resident Evil merchandise. Same pose, same zombie. Not only that, but the other zombie that appears in the teaser is also on the shirt design, only facing the other way.

The same zombie silhouettes from an official Resident Evil T-shirt appearing on a VGA teaser for a zombie game? We'd say this is fairly definitive proof that Capcom are about to announce another Resident Evil.

But which one? With Resident Evil 6 still very much in the works, thoughts gravitate towards the unconfirmed Resident Evil project rumoured to be in development at Vancouver-based Slant Six Games under the codename 'Resident Evil: Raccoon City'.
Given the team's work on the PSP SOCOM titles, we'd say this is probably the Resident Evil PSP game announced during Sony's E3 2009 conference that has since gone into hiding.

But when will we know for sure? December 11th. VGAs. Mark it in your diary. And remember, if it is Resident Evil, you heard it here first.

vga-zombie-teaser-04cef007c6c31d.jpg

vga-zombie-teaser-14cef007c8dcad.jpg

stylinonline_2132_719556531

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Brilliant.

And the message will be "Murder Your Friends", as it will be the multiplayer game.

X26

Banned
depite there being so many zombie games, there still isn't an open world one or one that's more survival horror than going guns ablaze (not since the early re games atleast), wouldn't mind seeing a combination of the two

Hylian7

I agree that it doesn't look like something Valve made. I want to believe that it's the remains of Headcrab zombies teasing HL2: Episode 3, but I know it's definitely not that sadly.

I don't know about this, could just be lazy zombie copying. I'll wait and see. A proper Resident Evil game with real zombies in it would not disappoint though.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
EatChildren said:
Brilliant.

And the message will be "Murder Your Friends", as it will be the multiplayer game.

Murder Your Maker is a completely different entity from RE: Raccoon City.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Geek said:
Murder Your Maker is a completely different entity from RE: Raccoon City.

Where did this "Murder Your Maker" game come from?

EatChildren

EDIT: Nevermind.

Amir0x said:

Come say that dumb shit on GAF and be mocked, Undeadlabs guy!

Someone give that man ultima 7

id also love for things to "connect" when u swing them, I just dont see how itll be possible on a server with 100 other people in the scene with no latency issues.

Love to be wrong though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Apparently there's a website up: http://www.murderyourmaker.com/

whois said:
Domain Name: MURDERYOURMAKER.COM
Registrar: MARKMONITOR INC.
Whois Server: whois.markmonitor.com
Referral URL: http://www.markmonitor.com
Name Server: NS0.ACTIVISION.COM
Name Server: NS2.ACTIVISION.COM
Name Server: NS3.ACTIVISION.COM
Name Server: NS5.ACTIVISION.COM

Updated Date: 24-nov-2010
Creation Date: 11-nov-2010
Expiration Date: 11-nov-2011
Source: http://www.whois.net/whois/murderyourmaker.com

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kafel said:
Activision ???

Is this linked to the RE art ?
Nah, there were two separate teasers at the same time that were getting confused.

Murder Your Maker is probably actually not a zombie game now that I think about it.

EatChildren

So we know VGA 2010 is potentially going to have;

Arkham City
Mass Effect
'Murder Your Maker'
Resident Evil
Battlefield 3
PS3 something

Anything else I'm missing?

Top Bottom