• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

reKon

Banned
Game probably will be the most epic ever. I'm really actually Stig is keeping the game under wraps. That only means it will be fresh when it comes out. I hope in the game they have add a lot of camera zooms. I love it when they do it effectively because that means it makes you think ah man, shits about to go down

gow1new.gif

gow2new.gif

gow3new.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the gifs are cool, just don't quote them please. kind of taxing on my browser.

Hydrargyrus

OMFG

This has been awesome. I don't understand why some people are complaining about that. If they show a lot, the people say that they don't want to see the complete game before the release, but if they show a little, with a fantastic trailer, they ask for more.

Anyway, this is absolutely perfect for me

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Bloodrage said:
Colossus of Rhodes destroying shit at :51.

That's what I thought too but if you freeze frame you can see it's not a statue. It's a human figure wearing armor. Can't quite tell if the breastplate has boobs...

KillerAJD

hey_it's_that_dog said:
That's what I thought too but if you freeze frame you can see it's not a statue. It's a human figure wearing armor. Can't quite tell if the breastplate has boobs...
*EDIT* Or not :D Athena then?

e9ymgy.jpg

Well, okay, it might not be moving, and probably isn't the Colossus, but, it's pretty big, so that counts for something, right? :lol

Bloodrage

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
For the love of god be more than 10 hours at least. I don't think ill be able to get enough of this game

“We've done a lot of play testing on it. We know, for a really hardcore player, it'll take them longer than it took them to play either of the previous God of War games,” said John Hight, the studio director of Sony Santa Monica to MTV's Multiplayer. When asked if ten hours was a more realistic assesment, he responded. “Ten is longer, but ten might not be considerably longer! [laughs] It's more than 10 hours.”

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/god-of-war-iii-longer-than-predecessors-says-studio-director/

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
KillerAJD said:
Eh? Go half a second farther, quite clearly the Colossus.

e9ymgy.jpg

Look at the arm. There's metal on the upper arm, then cloth(?), then metal again. The scene looks Rhodes-y, no doubt, but that doesn't look like a statue to me.

KillerAJD said:

e9ymgy.jpg

Well, okay, it might not be moving, and probably isn't the Colossus, but, it's pretty big, so that counts for something, right? :lol
I examined really close in my software. Its not moving and it looks like Athena's statue.

KillerAJD said:

It has boobs. Hephestus, Hera?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Revolutionary said:
It's not moving though, nor is it destroying anything. It's just a statue.

Pretty sure the Colossus of Rhodes was destroyed, guys. :lol

Playable flashbacks. Believe.
The review in PSM UK pegged Call of Duty 4 as one of the game's influences.

But also, yes, that looks like a statue of Athena.

Kimosabae said:
Why do you guys keep calling that beast a "Leviathan"? Where are you getting that name from?

From the video released by the developers called "modeling the leviathan." Not very Greek, but what are you gonna do?

Dogenzaka

Banned
The fact that you battle the moving Leviathan, on a moving Colossus, and the framerate stays stable and doesn't buckle under pressure is unbelievable.

Afrikan

Afrikan said:
ah, just remembered, my friend has DirectTV and Spike in HD..

it'll be worth the 5 min drive

MLB The Show and GOW3 in HD :D

BOY! WAS IT WORTH THE 5 MIN DRIVE O_O

and he has a DVR so I watched it again frame by frame....on 55" Bravia XBR..

F'n beautiful!

again, watching in frame by frame, Kratos facial expressions make him come off as a real person, if that makes any sense.

again holy sh1t...

and I also loved that MLB The Show trailer.

ghostofsparta said:
motherfuckers got a long tail.

isn't leviathan often depicted as some kind of sea serpent? I thought it's a bit weird when I saw leviathan zbrush model and it looked more like spider with head horse. so maybe this is the complete form.

or maybe you'll cut off the tail somehow in the game

Dogenzaka

Banned
VindicatorZ said:
You know, I don't know....but you think putting this trailer during the Superbowl would have helped Sony sell a couple million ps3's???

Would have had to be toned down in content, but yeah I can't imagine why this wasn't shown.

from joy s.....made me laugh so hard

Yo dawg we heard you like fighting so we put a giant monster on an even bigger giant so Kratos can fight while he fights.

RavenFox

Banned
Dogenzaka said:
The fact that you battle the moving Leviathan, on a moving Colossus, and the framerate stays stable and doesn't buckle under pressure is unbelievable.
This!
Dogenzaka said:
Would have had to be toned down in content, but yeah I can't imagine why this wasn't shown.
Because EA was granted that spot for Dantes Infeno I think. Showing both would have spelled doom for the Dante.

Callibretto said:
isn't leviathan often depicted as some kind of sea serpent? I thought it's a bit weird when I saw leviathan zbrush model and it looked more like spider with head horse. so maybe this is the complete form.

or maybe you'll cut off the tail somehow in the game
It doesn't look like it would be the tail of the Leviathan. Spatially, it doesn't fit together.

edit: on another look, i think you're right.

Top Bottom