• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

BeeDog

TTP said:
That's it? Wasn't there supposed to be a 15 minutes gameplay video?

No. Only the press got to see the gameplay video, and GT.com clearly said we would get a Hollywood-style trailer. Still, a bummer.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:
No. Only the press got to see the gameplay video, and GT.com clearly said we would get a Hollywood-style trailer. Still, a bummer.

Fuck me, I was looking forward to it. Disappointmenton.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Sevket-Erhat said:
I know that Kraken is a Scandinavian beast but they put him in as he was in the original Clash of the Titans movie as well.

I see what you mean now, but yeah, I always found the inclusion of the Kraken in Clash of the Titans to be strange, considering it's a beast that doesn't really belong in Greek mythology :lol

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Just ordered the ultimate trilogy edition for 40 euro. Someone made a massive fuckup over at the nation's largest entertainment-retailer :lol

deepbrown

TTP said:
Fuck me, I was looking forward to it. Disappointmenton.
Journo's saw 6 minutes of gameplay video. And I did say yesterday it wasn't that :p

And you're a journo aren't you TTP, just ask Sony to send you the video.

I guess it's a good good trailer because it is getting people excited. But I personally wanted to see more game play.

But then I am not the crowd that needs to be convinced to buy this game. I've already double platinum'ed both GOW1 and GOW2 and I will be laying down the platinum on this baby too.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
like I said in the other thread: it's essentially the perfect trailer for me.

showed new, interesting stuff, got me excited, but didn't do the annoying spoil half the game thing that all of the big-budget game trailers do nowadays.

Rez said:

showed new, interesting stuff, got me excited, but didn't do the annoying spoil half the game thing that all of the big-budget game trailers do nowadays.
i agree. this is al i want to see. it's convincing enough.. this shit is gonna rule.. BIG-time

Yoboman

Rez said:

Agreed did people really want 15 minutes of titan gameplay rather than experiencing it themselves in a month?

NeXuSDK

I have never really been impressed by GoW3 from a graphical standpoint before, but this latest trailer seriously puts my skepticism to shame! The sheer size, chaos and epicness of everything is just f*cktastic.

Started playing God of War Collection the other day. I think my skillz have deteriorated over the last few years. I'm getting my ass kicked a bit in the first one, something I would not let happen in 2005.

Although some of the character models look ridiculous in 720p. Regardless, still pretty in some regard.

In 1080p you can get a pretty clear view of the 'stem' that the Leviathan grows off of - it's this long snakelike watery body that has curled up toward Gaia's hand. Awesome.

deepbrown

monocromo said:
better quality than GT..?

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/785/21.943

anyone knows how to download it..?
How about this 1080p one? http://fp.godofwar.com/Index/groups/public/documents/webasset/g3_vengence2.mp4

2e1rk3c.png

mls8dw.png

Credit: SolidSnakex

cjdunn

It only does rage.
It only does vengeance.
It only does everything.

Whoever started this ad campaign (along with bring in Kevin Butler) should be Head of Marketing4Life.

cjdunn said:
It only does rage.
It only does vengeance.
It only does everything.

Whoever started this ad campaign (along with bring in Kevin Butler) should be Head of Marketing4Life.

did you see the slowed down version? there's more than just those 3. there's also

it only does jaw dropping
it only does chaos
it only does brutality

Callibretto said:
did you see the slowed down version? there's more than just those 3. there's also

it only does jaw dropping
it only does chaos
it only does brutality

it should also say,
it only does spontaneous erections

cjdunn said:
Sony absolutely needs to use Kevin Butler at their E3 keynote/presentation and keep Kaz and Tretton to a minimum.

ScOULaris

I'm glad that they kept the trailer short. While I can't resist watching the 10-15 minute epics that are the Metal Gear Solid trailers, I appreciate it when a game's marketing leaves something to the imagination.

One thing that bothers me (and this has bothered me since GoW1) is Kratos' voice and acting overall. It's overdone, and it always sounds like Carlton from Living Single reading lines with faux intensity in a recording booth. I understand that Kratos is a pretty single-minded guy, blinded by rage and whatnot, but his lines make him unlikeable.

Uncharted 2 spoiled me, I guess.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
After looking at the trailer and the pics posted here, Dante's Inferno looks like a decent-looking PS2 game. GoW III looks jaw-droppingly awesome.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, seems like motion blur might be in the game now. Some Uncharted 2/Killzone 2 style motion blur is just what this game needed! I could live with 30 fps locked now if they're going in that direction.

xtheEnemy

Banned
can someone make me an avatar sized gif of that :

IT
ONLY
DOES
VENGEANCE.

IT
ONLY
DOES
RAGE.

IT
ONLY DOES
CHAOS.

IT
ONLY
DOES
EVERYTHING.

-- - -

pretty please? :D

ScOULaris said:
I'm glad that they kept the trailer short. While I can't resist watching the 10-15 minute epics that are the Metal Gear Solid trailers, I appreciate it when a game's marketing leaves something to the imagination.

One thing that bothers me (and this has bothered me since GoW1) is Kratos' voice and acting overall. It's overdone, and it always sounds like Carlton from Living Single reading lines with faux intensity in a recording booth. I understand that Kratos is a pretty single-minded guy, blinded by rage and whatnot, but his lines make him unlikeable.

Uncharted 2 spoiled me, I guess.

Kratos is not the only one really. all character in GoW speak in that grand larger than life script. I think it fit into the setting. you wouldn't want to hear Kratos speaking slang and cursing here and there right. actually, does Kratos ever use curse word? something like "I'm gonna fuck you up and rip your head off"

now that I tried to remember it, Kratos choice of words so far are actually pretty polite wasn't it? maybe even intelectual...:lol

oh, and I think Kratos is designed to be unlikeable and we had to ask ourselves why the hell we like him:D

kikanny

Callibretto said:
Kratos is not the only one really. all character in GoW speak in that grand larger than life script. I think it fit into the setting. you wouldn't want to hear Kratos speaking slang and cursing here and there right. actually, does Kratos ever use curse word? something like "I'm gonna fuck you up and rip your head off"

now that I tried to remember it, Kratos choice of words so far are actually pretty polite wasn't it? maybe even intelectual...:lol

oh, and I think Kratos is designed to be unlikeable and we had to ask ourselves why the hell we like him:D
Because he's too much of a bad-ass not to like him! And I agree with the way all the characters talk. It perfectly fits in the whole ancient greek setting.

Top Bottom