• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

jett said:
28sppco.jpg

It's already implied!

Also, first time a GOW game gets "strong sexual content". Huh.

1 word. Aphrodite

An Aphrodite sex-minigame-cum-boss-battle (that's the Latin cum thank-you-very-much) would be kind of cool and probably more tasteless than the previous ones by an order of magnitude if she ended up dead at the end of it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
mr_nothin said:
He's in the shadow.
Sadly, Uncharted 2 is the only game that's gotten that right this gen.
Motorstorm games did too. Probably few others that I can't think of right now. It is however a very difficult task to tackle in realtime graphics. It practically requires a simulation of some kind of indirect lighting to look good.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
badcrumble said:
An Aphrodite sex-minigame-cum-boss-battle (that's the Latin cum thank-you-very-much) would be kind of cool and probably more tasteless than the previous ones by an order of magnitude if she ended up dead at the end of it.

Kratos humps Aphrodite.
Aphrodite tells Kratos he's a lousy fuck.
Kratos mad. Kratos smash.
Kratos kills Aphrodite.
Kratos realizes he enjoys violence and bloodshed more than sex anyway.

I already feel bad for Hephaestus if he's in the game, btw. Poor guy's already a cripple, yet he'll probably get his head bashed in with his own hammer and anvil.

kikanny

Combichristoffersen said:
Kratos humps Aphrodite.
Kratos kills Aphrodite.
No...Aphrodite tells Zeus fucks better than he does. KRATOS RAAAAAGE!

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Combichristoffersen said:
Kratos humps Aphrodite.
Kratos kills Aphrodite.

I think the Aphrodite bossfight was in the trailer.

gow2new.gif

Watch him pounding that pussy!

spidye said:
wtf? aphrodite is zeus daughter!!
Not really - the traditional story of Aphrodite is that she sprung from the sea when Cronos' genitals were thrown into it, and is therefore not anybody's child (and thus not entirely subject to Zeus' authority, which makes her free to mess around with the other gods). Obviously this was threatening to Greek patriarchal notions, so eventually the priests of Zeus tried to push the notion that she was birthed bodily from Zeus just like Athena was so that she'd clearly be subservient to him in a familial sense, but the mysterious ocean birth was still the origin story that stuck around.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
spidye said:
wtf? aphrodite is zeus daughter!!

and Kratos's half sister. That said she was married to Hephaestus and had a load of kids with Ares (her half brother) so she is probably up for anything.

neos

Ok, after watching 5 times this trailer, i noticed that the leviathan has also a long, shiny water tail.
So i decided to quit this thread and go media blackout.
Man, what an experience it will be.

See ya all on 16 march.

I hope there's a part of the game. where Poseidon is angry, and you see the ocean going crazy with waves and shit, just like the first teaser trailer.

thumb_riddick_dark_athena_14.jpg

Riddick tried to do this and it was cool. With God of War water effects, it would look so impressive.

forrest

formerly nacire
Callibretto said:
isn't leviathan often depicted as some kind of sea serpent? I thought it's a bit weird when I saw leviathan zbrush model and it looked more like spider with head horse. so maybe this is the complete form.

or maybe you'll cut off the tail somehow in the game

Yeah I think the actual fight looks pretty amazing, but I'm under impressed with the character design of the leviathan. Sure the high res modeling looked solid enough, but crustacean parts mixed with a horse? I need some of what they are smoking. :D

Garjon

yencid said:
Keighley said so :p
Oh did he? I remember reading it on Twitter for some reason, but when I couldn't find it there, I thought I imagined it or something:lol :lol
But yeah this is good, perhaps they'll show some more stuff there...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
iceatcs said:
That looks fun
GOW3kratos.gif

I wanna to try!
WOW lol, i didnt even know what was going on until it slowed down in that gif. He attached himself to a boulder that already catapulted. :lol kratos is the man.

iceatcs

deepbrown said:
What's missing is a Circle prompt on the screen...
True, but near all in this trailer are missing those too :p

I hope you can control boulder in midair. Maybe six-axis feature.

deepbrown

iceatcs said:
True, but near all in this trailer are missing those too :p

I hope you can control boulder in midair. Maybe six-axis feature.
If you think you can control a 2 tonne boulder with a poxy controller...you are mistaken!

Top Bottom