• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 downgrade arguments in here and nowhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
How do you know what the game ran like on a 780 Ti? You don't. You don't even know what it ran on at all before. Are you just guessing based on other games?

I said the game on consoles would look worse than it does on consoles now, had they developed Witcher 3, a PC game, then ported that game to consoles. The reason being, they'd have less leg room because they'd still be using those higher assets and would have to find other areas for optimisation. Otherwise, reduce asset detail like they have done with the game as it is now.

They didn't just invent all those techniques in the 2013 gameplay video for their game.

I know the limits of my 780ti with the level of wizardy that other AAA games have been able to achieve (and without them having to downgrade).
I said it went well beyond the limits of a 980.

You're suggesting 2 years ago they had done such an amazing job that blows all the competition out the water...and then had to downgrade big time because consoles weren't quite as good. Come on :p

I thought you meant it would have looked worse on PC in the original post, misread that part.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm more and more sure that CDPR is trolling us as we get closer to release. Still a possibility that the true "ultra" settings will be revealed on release day /w the day 1 patch.

Yes, because why would they want to show off their game in the best possible light before release?

Derp

I'm more and more sure that CDPR is trolling us as we get closer to release. Still a possibility that the true "ultra" settings will be revealed on release day /w the day 1 patch.
"BOOM HERE'S YOUR 2013 GRAPHICS BACK! *Rips his shirt off* PC FOR LIIIIIFE!"

That's what I'm expecting will happen on launch. Exactly that, nothing else.

fastmower

That would be amazing. In all honesty though, has a developer ever done anything of that nature?

Chariot

To cash in dat sweet, sweet money from Sony and Microsoft for dat parity marketing deal of course.

/s (probably not even needed - lol)
Yeah, like ona big event stage, starting to just standing there, looking at a clock and then announcing Derp's vision literally the second the party clause runs out.

so the witcher has become almost a barebones console port. im assuming the AA toggle is crappy fxaa too. the media coming out certainly shows pretty poor IQ. wow what happened with this game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
so the witcher has become a almost a barebones console port. im assuming the AA toggle is crappy fxaa too. the media coming out certainly shows pretty poor IQ. wow what happened with this game.
That stuff is disappointing, no doubt, but it's still a beautiful game AND an incredibly good one. Let's not lose sight of that.

Yeah, extreme sharpening filter - engaged!!! Boom

GeekMarty

I don't think so lol! Wouldn't make much sense if it did though :p

I don't think that would happen either lol.
But imagine the how many people would talk about the game then. xD

Just the headline:
Developer rips shirt of at launch day of his new game

lol

Derp

Yeah, like ona big event stage, starting to just standing there, looking at a clock and then announcing Derp's vision literally the second the party clause runs out.
LOL!
Or maybe there will be an evil flavour to it.
"Boss, the marketing deal with MS is has officially ended"
"Excellent... INITIATE PROJECT 2013GRAFFIXPATCH. MAKE SURE NOT A SINGLE GPU SURVIVES... mmhmhmhm. MHMhMhMmh. MUAHAHAHAHAHA"
"Yes boss..."

GeekMarty

LOL!
Or maybe there will be an evil flavour to it.
"Boss, the marketing deal with MS is has officially ended"
"Excellent... INITIATE PROJECT 2013GRAFFIXPATCH. MAKE SURE NOT A SINGLE GPU SURVIVES... mmhmhmhm. MHMhMhMmh. MUAHAHAHAHAHA"
"Yes boss..."

Damn, it would be glorious!

red36

Neo Member
GTX 770 or R9 280X are sufficient for Ultra Settings @ FullHD

yesss.gif

Derp

Damn, it would be glorious!
Imagine the tears from your gpu as you watch it melt. As it dies you can hear it whisper something. You pull off the side panel and go close to it. "Fuck you" it whispers. And then your left with the integrated gpu in your cpu. It explodes just from the thought of running the game. Then your PC is no more...

you realize this only means that the pc version at ultra hardly looks better than consoles right?
Why couldn't you just let him have his dream?! That was really... Ice cold (see wot I did there).

red36

Neo Member
you realize this only means that the pc version at ultra hardly looks better than consoles right?

Who wouldn't,

What's great is that even my system will be able to play it at about as good as it looks (-nvidia hairworks). That's cause to celebrate for anyone in that situation.

I've seen the downgrade coming for a while now. It happened. Maybe mods will fix it. By the time those mods come out I will maybe have a card to match.

besides it's evident to me how much better the lighting is on the pc version.

Derp

But the HBAO+?! I thought it was going to save us?
It was supposed to save us dammit! Not but seriously, have we solved the HBAO+ mystery? What screens/footage have it, and what don't? We need this answered above all else! We have some screens with obvious AO where the grass is really improved, but we have no idea what level of AO is being used.

Also we know that everything "PC" shown by CDPR has had some settings off/down. HBAO+ being one of them.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Hard to tell on a 4.5 inch display but the Ambient Occlusion looked the same. Wut? Shouldn't Hbao+ be noticeably better?

Who wouldn't,

What's great is that even my system will be able to play it at about as good as it looks (-nvidia hairworks). That's cause to celebrate for anyone in that situation.

I've seen the downgrade coming for a while now. It happened. Maybe mods will fix it. By the time those mods come out I will maybe have a card to match.

besides it's evident to me how much better the lighting is on the pc version.

um what? the graphics not scaling beyond what a 770/280 can produce at full HD doesnt make your experience better. mind showing me some examples of "how much better" the lighting in the pc version looks?

It also means the console version hardly looks better than PC at medium.
Lol you just can't do it can you? You seem to be unable to not take a shot at consoles no matter how pointless it is. Yes we get it consoles have inferior hardware you've made that clear for even the blind and deaf no need to go on and on.

H4r4kiri

It was supposed to save us dammit! Not but seriously, have we solved the HBAO+ mystery? What screens/footage have it, and what don't? We need this answered above all else! We have some screens with obvious AO where the grass is really improved, but we have no idea what level of AO is being used.

PCGH stuff max has it on ;)

Alebrije

The downgrade will let more PC players to play the game without the need a the card , For the PC purist its "sad" news that this title has been "consolized" but now the series are devoted to a bigger market and companies need resources this years , specially with all the mobile games competitors.

so it seems like hbao+ has been enabled all along in the ultra footage, it just doesnt work very well here. PCGH videos confirmed to have it enabled

Derp

so it seems like hbao+ has been enabled all along in the ultra footage, it just doesnt work very well here. PCGH videos confirmed to have it enabled
What would happen if it were forced through the Nvidia control panel and disabled in-game? Would it make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom