• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida does Banderas gif

1NoxemB.gif

who is this btw? She will be my waifu.

jmls1121

Banned
This shows that they are truly for the gamers. Excellent. Nintendo on the other hand....is staring at fruit?

What?

Regarding non-troll issues, I wanna see Yoshida and Iwata have a sitcom together, living in an apartment three's company style. Only to be visited by their wacky neighbors Kaz and Miyamoto. Balmer is the creepy drunk down at the Reagle Beagle.

Not trolling, comparing Sony attempts at tapping into the internet community with memes with Nintendo's. Stop accusing people of trolling every time they say something you don't like.

The why the comparison? Nintendo does their own thing at reaching out to gamers, just as Sony does. Sony and Yoshida have their own style, Nintendo and Iwata have their own. One is not necessarily better than the other and yet people like you try and make a comparison that is decidedly trollish in tone. It's shit like that that creates a divisive fanboyish environment when even Yoshida and Iwata have said that they don't want either company to bow out of the industry.

R0ckman

The why the comparison? Nintendo does their own thing at reaching out to gamers, just as Sony does. Sony and Yoshida have their own style, Nintendo and Iwata have their own. One is not necessarily better than the other and yet people like you try and make a comparison that is decidedly trollish in tone. It's shit like that that creates a divisive fanboyish environment when even Yoshida and Iwata have said that they don't want either company to bow out of the industry.

Well, to me this gif shows me that Yosh does take time to really find out whats going on in the community. I mean he got the gesture wrong, but it's not what matters ultimately. Its the message behind it. You can see the difference in twitter too.

I get that Nintendo does its own thing but, I don't feel that they really want to connect with the gaming community, and have had this kind of stand-offish feel in communication. I felt it even down to the way they reached out through memes, instead of doing a parody they know is amusing to an audience, they do their own thing and expect us to find it amusing because they want us to. That form of communicating with the target audience offends me. I want to be heard, not offered.

Basically the long winded thought process version of the short, "trollish version" before. Has nothing to do with what I think of Nintendo's games.

Did you watch the stream? Sure he might be the nicest fellow in the world, but he did IMO came off as odd in that interview.

He might be considered odd if your standard of normal is TV celebrity tier with media/public speaking training.

He's just a normal person like you and me. Nothing strange or odd about that. He made no mistakes and answered every question well. Not sure what more you wanted of someone in a situation that would make any of us extremely nervous.

That was legendary! Thank you Yoshida!

And why are you people complaining about him doing it wrong? It was still awesome and that's the only thing that matters.

FireCloud

Incredible. Yoshida-san definitely knows his audience. That's a good thing for the guy in charge of the games coming to a console.

Hope House, Tretton, and Yoshida-san are nurturing that in attitude in those who will someday succeed them.

Is there anything more tiresome than the Banderas gif?
complaints about it maybe?

Actually got up at 3:50 to watch the show, not that great overall (except Uancharted of course) but both Yosp and our very own gaffer doing the Banderas made it worth getting up, especially since you can see Tretton clap even more once he realised what he was doing when accepting his PS4.

Kudos Joey and enjoy your PS4 you lucky bastard ;)

Top Bottom