• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida does Banderas gif

gruenel

Slightly OT but this is too funny, I need to post it somewhere:

paQ95oB.png

maverick40

Sony just squandered a great opportunity.

I don't know how much GAF is familiar with Antonio Banderas and his work (i've been a lifelong fan), but pride and dedication are huge part of what motivates him as a professional actor. He's not like other A-listers where they're satisfied with half-assing and phoning-in their performances. Banderas chooses his roles in delicate fashion and executes them with precision. If you try to emulate Banderas' work then you better take it seriously and put some effort. Imitation may be the highest form of flattery but the poorest of such imitation is the highest form of insult. This is far more saddening as it comes from the representatives of a Japanese corporation, which i was informed value one's honor.

What this means is that Banderas and his fans, after seeing this, would want nothing to do with Playstation 4. At best no more glorifying PS4 GIFS featuring Banderas and at worst those GIFS will be used in favor of rivaled products. This is BIG. Scoff all you want but GAF has a dedicated thread for Antonio which got all the way up to Son'y leadership - only for his work to be bastardized on national TV.

Sony, issue a formal apology to Banderas or you can kiss your Official Spokesperson deal with him goodbye.

dmEQO.gif

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

I don't know how much GAF is familiar with Antonio Banderas and his work (i've been a lifelong fan), but pride and dedication are huge part of what motivates him as a professional actor. He's not like other A-listers where they're satisfied with half-assing and phoning-in their performances. Banderas chooses his roles in delicate fashion and executes them with precision. If you try to emulate Banderas' work then you better take it seriously and put some effort. Imitation may be the highest form of flattery but the poorest of such imitation is the highest form of insult. This is far more saddening as it comes from the representatives of a Japanese corporation, which i was informed value one's honor.

What this means is that Banderas and his fans, after seeing this, would want nothing to do with Playstation 4. At best no more glorifying PS4 GIFS featuring Banderas and at worst those GIFS will be used in favor of rivaled products. This is BIG. Scoff all you want but GAF has a dedicated thread for Antonio which got all the way up to Son'y leadership - only for his work to be bastardized on national TV.

Sony, issue a formal apology to Banderas or you can kiss your Official Spokesperson deal with him goodbye.

Needs to be quoted again because of its greatness.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe that's just me, but the fact that he did it so wrong makes it even more awesome and funny.

But yeah, party poopers gonna party poop.

jaypah

I assumed someone was going to do it but I still nearly knocked over my beer when it happened. Fucking classic.

1. What happened to your old Solid Snake Mario avatar?

2. I sorta wanted to do the two separate Banderas GIFs merged together, and they probably wouldn't have been okay with me trying to track the GIF's timing as accurately as possible. Sorry that I couldn't nail it 100%!

You had 1 job!!!

Kidding: it was cool that you did that.

Cuburt

I'm surprised people are eating this up when both clearly did it wrong.

Given that they both got it wrong in the same way, I wouldn't be surprised if they were coached by someone who was told by someone who saw the gif like "there is the video that is popular to kids on the "internet" where Antonio Banderas touches his forehead. Do the same thing so we can have it go "viral" #Sonymarketing" It was probably Geoff considering he was the one hyping it up beforehand.

Oh my god, fucking perfect. This post will never get old. It's missing the shooting themselves in the foot bit though.

Demon Ice

Banned
I will never get used to seeing a middle aged businessman act out a gif. A little too desperate to be liked by his consumers imho

/actsoutabesimpsoncloud.gif

Okay Senjutsu you can hang up the alt account

On topic I seriously shrieked laughing in the middle of the night when Shu did it, amazing.

GAF did this.

FranXico

How in the world did this originally start?

People were randomly using Banderas to express satisfaction or mockery at various news.

Until one day, ElTorro started editing the original GIF into several PS4 sequences. It was just so funny, people started associating the Banderas GIF to the PS4.

Linconan

The thing that cracks me up when people try and copy the gif, is that the Individual is doing an impression of a damsel in distress act, more so than Banderas Gif.

Banderas hand is in that (Thinking man) position because he's resting his elbow on the chair, for starters. Savoring the moment.

But, hats off to them regardless.

LOL

Rich!

What I find hilarious is that the gesture Shu made is more like something I would do in a "oh shit I fucked up" moment. It conveys to me the complete opposite of what the banderas gif does.

emb

Can't really blame them for being off with the pose. It's a really awkward motion/expression.

Does Joey have a GAF account? This should earn him instant member status if not.
I think he's posted a couple times in this thread, and is quoted a few posts back.

.la1n

Did anyone mention yet that he's doing it wrong? /sarcasm

Shu did it best, I like that they at least attempted to play off something that's just a niche meme on the internet. Acknowledges your customers in a neat way.

Madness

I was wondering why that Joey guy did that... Can't believe he was trying to emulate the Banderas gif lol. Wasn't even close.

Gamerloid

My gosh. If they're going to do the pose, you at least got to do it right. It's so bad....

I wish I was there. I would've shown them how it's done.

Wynnebeck

Banned

YOOOO. Masterful.

Cuburt

They are doing the "Banderas meme™" guys.

Clearly that's genuine and not at all contrived.

Let's all do it together in celebration.
iblgjgaemFj48G.gif

PmzuNfr.gif

Top Bottom