• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida does Banderas gif

It's amusing to see Yosh mimic that infamous gif, but for someone who's seen it so many times to the point of being bludgeoned by it, it does vex me that he didn't put his hand to his mouth. The way Yosh does it makes him look like he's philosophising or some shit.

iJudged

Banned
iHSh7mHETcUDK.gif
You're doing it wrong..

Doffen

He might be considered odd if your standard of normal is TV celebrity tier with media/public speaking training.

He's just a normal person like you and me. Nothing strange or odd about that. He made no mistakes and answered every question well. Not sure what more you wanted of someone in a situation that would make any of us extremely nervous.

My standard might be different, but it's not TV celebrity tier.
The thing that put me off was the "Can you feel it? Can you feel this energy?!".
It's not that I wanted more, I just wanted less.

But maybe I'm just surrounded by people with media/public speaking training all the time?

My standard might be different, but it's not TV celebrity tier.
The thing that put me off was the "Can you feel it? Can you feel this energy?!".
It's not that I wanted more, I just wanted less.

But maybe I'm just surrounded by people with media/public speaking training all the time?

Hmm maybe you should stop here, not everybody fits into your "normal people mold".

jaaz

Putting into context what this place has done: We have prompted the President of Sony's Worldwide Studios for Sony Computer Entertainment (SONY!) to perform a meme created here in front of millions of TV viewers.

Simply amazing.

RooMHM

It's amusing to see Yosh mimic that infamous gif, but for someone who's seen it so many times to the point of being bludgeoned by it, it does vex me that he didn't put his hand to his mouth. The way Yosh does it makes him look like he's philosophising or some shit.
I dont think so. It s kinda cool he put a new spin to it. On the other hand Joey totally failed it and looks like a spoiled diva...

Nymphae

Banned
Laughed out loud when I saw that guy do the Banderas at the end of the broadcast, nice job! Who gives a shit if he didn't do it exactly right, you knew what he was doing and he was probably a little nervous being on TV and in the spotlight.

Not everyone spends a shitton of hours on the internet analyzing gifs.
You don't need to spend a shitton of hours doing anything to realize the forehead and the mouth aren't the same. It's like someone asking you to point to your hand and you point to your shoulder.

I think people don't realize that in the decades to come, people will be watching the first PS4 purchase video and wonder (or remember) what the Banderas move is. May Antonio live forever!

Saty

Sony just squandered a great opportunity.

I don't know how much GAF is familiar with Antonio Banderas and his work (i've been a lifelong fan), but pride and dedication are huge part of what motivates him as a professional actor. He's not like other A-listers where they're satisfied with half-assing and phoning-in their performances. Banderas chooses his roles in delicate fashion and executes them with precision. If you try to emulate Banderas' work then you better take it seriously and put some effort. Imitation may be the highest form of flattery but the poorest of such imitation is the highest form of insult. This is far more saddening as it comes from the representatives of a Japanese corporation, which i was informed value one's honor.

What this means is that Banderas and his fans, after seeing this, would want nothing to do with Playstation 4. At best no more glorifying PS4 GIFS featuring Banderas and at worst those GIFS will be used in favor of rivaled products. This is BIG. Scoff all you want but GAF has a dedicated thread for Antonio which got all the way up to Son'y leadership - only for his work to be bastardized on national TV.

Sony, issue a formal apology to Banderas or you can kiss your Official Spokesperson deal with him goodbye.

poponon

Banned
That "first" PS4 owner was so cringeworthy.
Socially awkward + strange "monster" voice.

Wow, give the guy a break!! He's a member here, and just got thrown into the spotlight on national TV. I thought he was quite funny and loved the Banderas he pulled at the end. You're comment shows your own judging mentality and is cringe worthy within itself.

Wow, give the guy a break!! He's a member here, and just got thrown into the spotlight on national TV. I thought he was quite funny and loved the Banderas he pulled at the end. You're comment shows your own judging mentality and is cringe worthy within itself.

My initial reaction was cringe because he did it completely wrong, but considering the fact that he had all of the media attention on him it was a decent attempt. Didn't realise he is a Neogaf member for +1 to him!

Would anyone else have been so brave? Love Shu's interpretation, but the hand is on the mouth, not head!

It was great fun seeing that. I like seeing the human side to all of these personalities we discuss so often. They have real feelings just like we do. Sure, they have to act professional do to their jobs but it just goes to show they react to what we say and do - which means we should strive to be fair to these other people, always.

p3tran

Banned
guys, a link to the shu video?

ps
extra props to the gaffer that did it. I noticed how jack trenton started clapping faster when he realized :D

dvize

Banned
i laughed my ass off at the exposure we got. Joey is the man. Shu is the man. Nuff said.
On another note, it shows how much Sony is paying attention to its core audience. Microsoft dropped the ball this gen with its drm and used game policy + console pricing.

Albo

So awesome to see higher ups at sony acknowledging banderalution while joining in the fun with their fans on live tv. Shows that we matter to them despite how weird or awkward it may have seemed to most people watching.

Joeki11a

Banned
So has it been revealed that "Joey" guy is a Sony Plant from Japan?, no way thats a real customer from the concrete jungle of NY

Seriously, the people who are complaining that neither of them did it 100% exact need to just stop!

As others have said, you knew what they were doing and that’s what’s important! Shu showed that he is aware and follows current trends in the core gaming community, that is the factor you focus on, not “Oh no, he touched his head not mouth. Order cancelled!!1!”

As for Joey he was being streamed around the world to who knows how many people, the very first person actually buying a PS4 and he had all that focus on him, what more do you expect?

It just seems people who criticise others in situations like this have no empathy and cant put themselves in others shoes or appreciate a situation, they just seem to think they are amazing and would do it perfectly if they were in their shoes (or not at all because they are so cool).

It was some fun, that’s all that needs to be said!

Gui_PT

Sony just squandered a great opportunity.

I don't know how much GAF is familiar with Antonio Banderas and his work (i've been a lifelong fan), but pride and dedication are huge part of what motivates him as a professional actor. He's not like other A-listers where they're satisfied with half-assing and phoning-in their performances. Banderas chooses his roles in delicate fashion and executes them with precision. If you try to emulate Banderas' work then you better take it seriously and put some effort. Imitation may be the highest form of flattery but the poorest of such imitation is the highest form of insult. This is far more saddening as it comes from the representatives of a Japanese corporation, which i was informed value one's honor.

What this means is that Banderas and his fans, after seeing this, would want nothing to do with Playstation 4. At best no more glorifying PS4 GIFS featuring Banderas and at worst those GIFS will be used in favor of rivaled products. This is BIG. Scoff all you want but GAF has a dedicated thread for Antonio which got all the way up to Son'y leadership - only for his work to be bastardized on national TV.

Sony, issue a formal apology to Banderas or you can kiss your Official Spokesperson deal with him goodbye.

iblgjgaemFj48G.gif

Top Bottom