• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ Switch absence isn't due to tech, open to port if fan interest

Eolz

Already seeing on twitter a lot interest/RT/comments, so that's great.
A mainstream IP like this really helps :p

Forkball

Of course they're not going to undercut Xenoverse II before it comes out. Though I don't see that game doing well considering everyone who wants it probably has it. It's been on sale multiple times. Does the Switch version have any new features or includes all DLC?

A lot of hate for Bamco in this thread, but they are one of the few third parties that actually supports Nintendo. If it can really work on the Switch, it'll come eventually.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Already seeing on twitter a lot interest/RT/comments, so that's great.
A mainstream IP like this really helps :p

Fyi, it's currently at 5,227 retweets and 2,281 likes. I wonder how long the former will take to reach the infamous 9,000 level

Djamb3

Signed the petition. Was probably the most incredible title from this E3, would love to play it on my Switch. Looks so much better than Xenoverse

NimbusD

I'm assuming 'show interest ' means buy a years old port while everyone else is getting the new game and then they'll port that one over in a year or so. Same shit different day.

Well I'll be getting xenoverse just cuz I haven't picked it up yet. Ad long as it's a decent price.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Who thought it was due to tech???

It's a nice looking game but it's a 2d fighter.

Wiiu ran smash 4 60fps 1080p with 8x players.

Piscus

I'm assuming 'show interest ' means buy a years old port while everyone else is getting the new game and then they'll port that one over in a year or so. Same shit different day.

Well I'll be getting xenoverse just cuz I haven't picked it up yet. Ad long as it's a decent price.

You know it won't be.

Chao

Good luck playing an ASW game with that d-pad.

People have been playing 2D fighters with such magnificent dpads as the ones on the xbox 360 and ps3 controllers over the last decade and they seemed to do the job, since most fighters were released there.

They sucked as much as switch's dpad, but like in that case, there's alternatives like the pro controller and fight sticks.

Would love to play this game on the switch!

If I like this fighter as much as I think I might (As much as I like their other games, Xrd and P4A), I will not only double dip, but also buy a Switch.

I'd love to have this on Switch but this definitely seems like a "buy Xenoverse 2 and we'll consider it" type of gig. Will be showing my twitter support though.

As long as it isn't crossplay that's fine. Fighting games in general suffer from people not wiring in. The wi fi net code to this would probably be butt cheeks.

It's a good thing that the Switch has a good wifi with 5ghz unlike the Ps4.

USF2 is actually smooth

asagami_

Banned
Probably Bandai want to publish XV2 first and announce later (or maybe a bit before XV2 launch) the Switch version of Figtherz.

Mister Wolf

I've seen several tweets at several thousands of RTs too...

What about the pro controller? The Hori stick? The sticks fine to play on the go, which wasn't an issue for Vita fighting games?

Don't forget about the 40 dollar 8bitdo controllers.

It was also ported really fast to make the day1 release with a smallish team.

I'm sure that close to a year of porting could make whole lot of difference here. Not 1:1 of course, but with a look at Yoshi 2018 which is also running in UE4, there is still a lot of wiggle room for ports it seems.

No reason that 720p60fps shouldn't be possible with the output the studio managed on UE3 on PS3 and how fighting games are often quite efficient with hardware.

Yes that's true. I also think this game is probably less demanding than Snake. Snake Pass has really remarkable lighting, water and foliage.

Vengal

I wonder why they don't just put up preorders stating if they hit a specific number they'll release the game. Like a Kickstarter or something.

mas8705

Considering the Switch in general, you bet that people would love to take their fighting games on the go if they can play with others. Mind you I don't think we have established anything like "Fighting Sticks" for the Switch yet (or at least not one when the Switch isn't Docked).

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
What being cel shaded? 3d models mimicking 2d? It certainly isn't textures or complexity of character models.

Wow you are oversimplifying a lot, lol

Theres some really cool, pretty advanced shader tech going on in that game. From effects to -how- cel shading this advanced works (its not just a button that you press, you know), to high poly models (these games with this artstyle usually need 2x or 3x the amount of polygons other non cel shaded games do)

Its basically a lot of custom work for a specified set of graphical features, would be a good deal of work to port down.

Rodin

Theres some really cool, pretty advanced shader tech going on in that game. From effects to -how- cel shading this advanced works (its not just a button that you press, you know), to high poly models (these games with this artstyle usually need 2x or 3x the amount of polygons other non cel shaded games do)

Its basically a lot of custom work for a specified set of graphical features, would be a good deal of work to port down.
Sounds like you already decided that Switch can't run it on par with other consoles, despite the fact that GG ran on PS3.

Neoxon

Considering the Switch in general, you bet that people would love to take their fighting games on the go if they can play with others. Mind you I don't think we have established anything like "Fighting Sticks" for the Switch yet (or at least not one when the Switch isn't Docked).
The Switch is getting a Hori arcade stick next month.

mas8705

The Switch is getting a Hori arcade stick next month.

Just remembered that a stick was in production and had to double check something.

From Forbes

The interesting point to note here is that this arcade stick is not wireless. It connects to the Switch (or PC) via a three-meter long cable. If this is anything like the other sticks, it will likely have a storage compartment included for the cable when it is not in use.

This also means the stick will likely only be usable while the Switch is docked, as I am not sure whether this stick will have a USB-C connector.

Don't know if we will actually see an Arcade Stick that can work with the Switched when it isn't docked, but at least it shows that the support will be there when more fighting games show up in the market. Still, thanks for jogging my memory.

I don't I own a Switch. I hope this comes to the Switch.
My mind boggles at the people looking for reasons that it shouldn't for whatever reason, when the dev says it's not an issue technically.

Mister Wolf

Throw a coat of Dragon Ball paint on Guilty Gear Xrd and people think its a generation leap.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Throw a coat of Dragon Ball paint on Guilty Gear Xrd and people think its a generation leap.

Make a highly customized game for a highly specific platform and people think you can just pull a couple of levers and get the same game for a completely different platform and architecture

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Make a highly customized game for a highly specific platform and people think you can just pull a couple of levers and get the same game for a completely different platform and architecture
They already said the switch would have no problems running it much like xenocerse. So your essentially making a knowingly losing argument.

Which is very odd.

aBarreras

in a thread about a developer saying that its game can run in certain platform, are you really arguing that it cannot?

Raging Spaniard

in a thread about a developer saying that its game can run in certain platform, are you really arguing that it cannot?

Im just saying its not an easy port, like some people are saying. Of course its doable, it would just take time and effort.

Edit: Also, thats the producer from Bandai talking, not someone from ArcSys who, you know, would actually know more about the effort required to make a port.

mas8705

Don't know what you mean by "Highly Specific Platform" if it will be on Xbox One (not just the X), Playstation 4 and PC.

TrueBlue

Gimme. This game + portable? That would be fantastic!

I know people who aren't into anime but love Dragon Ball, this would be perfect for small gatherings and whatnot.

Mister Wolf

That highly customized game has already been done before on PS3/XBOX 360 its called Guilty Gear Xrd. Check it out it features cel shaded 3d models that animate like they're 2D sprites.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Don't know what you mean by "Highly Specific Platform" if it will be on both Xbox One (not just the X), Playstation 4 and PC.
Producers don't tend to be wholly technical my incompetent, not good ones anyway. This is the guy who choses who develops the game and for what platform. Do you think he wouldn't have a good idea about the feasibility of a port?

Brook also says they are nearly ready with a Brook converter for Switch. Day 1 for that, can't wait to use my 360 stick with ACA NeoGeo games on Switch.

Hopefully this means my PS4 stick can work with it in case fighters does come to the switch

antibolo

Banned
Don't know if we will actually see an Arcade Stick that can work with the Switched when it isn't docked

Unless the Switch OS specifically forbids it for some reason, I see no technical reason why wired controllers couldn't connect directly into the USB C port on the console itself. The dock is really just a hub, the port on the console itself is a standard USB C port, not some proprietary thing.

Wamb0wneD

As long as it isn't crossplay that's fine. Fighting games in general suffer from people not wiring in. The wi fi net code to this would probably be butt cheeks.

Good thing you can use a lan adapter with your Switch dock then?

I hope it comes to the Atari console, it would be perfect for it...

Nice shitposting there. Your participation in Nintendo threads is a sight to behold. This isn't a port begging thread, the dev himself brought it up.

Top Bottom